my 68 cuda engine compartment

-
Looks awesome great detail. I need to do mine in the next couple weeks when I swap engines. I really like the work you did on the VR bracket. You should make some more, heck I'd buy one!

New VR repair harness is avail at most part stores Zone, O'reilly, Quest, NAPA

Looks awesome great detail. I need to do mine in the next couple weeks when I swap engines. I really like the work you did on the VR bracket. You should make some more, heck I'd buy one!

New VR repair harness is avail at most part stores Zone, O'reilly, Quest, NAPA

thanks for the info on the VR harness..

got some more work done. finished up most of the engine bay wiring. gotta mount the high & low beam relays under the battery tray and wire up turn signals & headlights.

Heres some pics of how I mounted the E-Z wire fuse box, right in the factory location. took me a while on how i was gonna do it, but used some 1/8" thick sheet metal. it's pretty solid. dunno where else I coulda put it.

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

For the grounds I used an 8 GA wire, from V/R to back of drivers side head, wiper motor to passenger side head, and from negative post to the head and radiator support.

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

Major sweet work, I might be at spring fling. time and stuff permitting.:blob:

got some more work done. finished up most of the engine bay wiring. gotta mount the high & low beam relays under the battery tray and wire up turn signals & headlights.

Heres some pics of how I mounted the E-Z wire fuse box, right in the factory location. took me a while on how i was gonna do it, but used some 1/8" thick sheet metal. it's pretty solid. dunno where else I coulda put it.

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

For the grounds I used an 8 GA wire, from V/R to back of drivers side head, wiper motor to passenger side head, and from negative post to the head and radiator support.

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

question,,,,how did the color code work out ? and how did your factory head lite switches and ignition key work out with that wiring harness??

question,,,,how did the color code work out ? and how did your factory head lite switches and ignition key work out with that wiring harness??

it was tricky. it wasn't just match the colors up and go. this E-X wire 12 circuit mini fuse was VERY bare bones basic. lol it made more work for me. much more. next time i will use an american auto wire kit.

here's how i mounted my relays for the head lights. under the battery tray.

pop riveted to tray:
IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3238-1.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

pay no attention to my extra long screws. those spacers only take up the extra thread. so ill grab a shorter screw next time im at ACE.

IMG_3241.jpg

Looking real nice.. Good attention to detail. I like your headlight relay setup, stealthy and clean. Are you planning on a factory type wrap on the firewall wiring once it's all done?

Grant

Looking real nice.. Good attention to detail. I like your headlight relay setup, stealthy and clean. Are you planning on a factory type wrap on the firewall wiring once it's all done?

Grant

im thinking of some sort of wrap, im not sure. maybe that 3M super 88 electrical tape, its 1.5" wide...or that cloth wrap. im open to suggestions...

i dont really like that plastic convoluted tubing...

okay I got my coolant recovery tank installed, and plumbed it all in with -6 aluminum hard line and -AN fittings. These were kind of difficult to bend and get right but I think I got it.

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

the one at top is just a vent, maybe ill think of a better way to make it, for now it will stay

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

-
Back