my 68 notch build

-

68 HEMI GTS

Reaction score
here's a thread on my barracuda project. since i've been working on it i thought i'd post up some of the old as well as new pics with the details. basically i bought this car in pieces, its been through a few clueless owners. my plan is to make a nice driver out of it. so far i've collected enough pieces to build a nice low compression 360 witch im going to start on this week. my dad already went through the 904 and tricked it out a little with his custom touches on the valve body and a low first gear set. im just gonna shove a 3:23 posi out back so i can do some e-way driving with it. the car its self is amazingly solid, its still like a new car underneath.

here's how it sat when i went to look at it back in march, who the hell sells a car with no suspension under it?? oh well i got it for a good price
barracudacrate.jpg

Aug312008040_edited-1.jpg

i was working on the dart at the time so i put my whole front from the dart on the cuda just to get it home.
68barracuda008.jpg

it came with most all of the parts, including a 8 3/4, disc brake spindles, and factory sway bar set up. here's a few of about 7 tupper ware boxes that came with it
68barracuda015.jpg

nice floor pans!!
68barracuda001.jpg

a little prior accident damage, i took care of that pronto
68barracuda017.jpg

68barracuda018.jpg

all better
021.jpg

what a mess of POR15
68barracuda005.jpg

nothing like a locked up tight 318, still not sure how they did that
018.jpg

019.jpg

scuffed
030.jpg

primed
032.jpg

and a quick paint job
034.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

Looks like another GREAT Notch goin' together there...........

Nice work..........gonna be really clean........top shelf. :-D

how many people would buy a car with no suspension under it?

guess i didn't look at it like that lol

Tnplumber said:
Nice. What are the plans for the 360?

its .030 77 block, just a set of silvolite replacement pistons

ported x heads with 2.02 intakes, hardened exhaust seats

crane H-288 226/230 @ .050 .458/.465 on a 110

weiand dual plane

small tube headers

and i'll probably run a 750 vac holley on it

should make a nice low maintenance streeter

just curious if anybody else has run that cam?? it was free and its brand new so im gonna use it. i'm thinking it should have a little lope to it in a 360.

I think a few people were wondering about the 69 swinger in the back ground. its actually my buddies car that we've been building in my garage. i had him start a thread on it. Sublime '69

it lives!! got a few wiring gremlins to fix now, to many stupid owners
arge.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8iF4xNYh4k"]YouTube - 68 baracuda[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvBMJVhK0yQ"]YouTube - 68 notchback baracuda[/ame]

well she's close to done. im still gonna add the white 68 stripes that run along the bottom of the door. still needs a new steering wheel too if anybodys got one laying around. here she is, runs pretty damn good for a bullshit motor. i've probably put 80 miles on her or so since i got it aligned yesterday. seems to get alot of thumbs up. :bball:

68barracuda001-3.jpg

68barracuda006-2.jpg

68barracuda017-2.jpg

68barracuda014-2.jpg

68barracuda019-2.jpg

68barracuda018-2.jpg

68barracuda013-2.jpg

68barracuda011-2.jpg

What a beautiful car you should be very proud of her. I just hope mine comes out half that good.

-
Back