My 70 Duster build

-
SublimeDusterSK,

I just found and subscribed to you thread… Cool build! Good luck with it! A good friend of mine was big into the fox body Mustangs. Then he built a 97 Supra… that was a nasty 10 sec. car off the bottle! The windows were tinted just enough so you couldn’t see the cage and on the street he would run the stock rims with drag radials. The car wasn’t loud till you mashed the gas… The Toyota didn’t lose very often and it made a believer out of me and our other American Muscle friends! He was one of the faster street cars in the KC area and ran with that crowd.

The projects and chores never stop around here. Toom a long break from the car. Fugured its about time to make some progress. The latest is, I plan on going with a Mighty Demon blow through 4 barrel carburetor. no more fuel injection. to keep things simple and less expensive. I had to disassemble the turbo and re-clock it to get the outlet in a more favorable position. I will need to secure the wastegate and add a BOV. this turbo piping nightmare that I've been living, is finally gone with this setup. now I need to drop 700 bucks for a carb.

i have scrapped the blow through carb idea and sticking with EFI. there have been several projects that put this on the back burner over the last few years. here are some recent updates. modified 1JZGTE intake plenum and 80mm throttle body.
throttlebody%2080mm_zpsnkedh8c9.jpg

duster%202_zpsj0etdwif.jpg

70duster_zpsbm1g3zbb.jpg

First time seeing this thread! Excellent job! I for one would much rather see a foreign inline 6 swapped in than an LS engine! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more!

Hello.....I remember this thread from looong ago. Did we ever get Dusyota up and running?? I know those Toyota motors can make some serious power!! We’d all like to here the new “e.t.” If you will!!!

Sweet build! I dunno where the hates coming from though. Bunch of brave keyboard warriors who wouldn't dare say it to your face at a meet.

Sweet build! I dunno where the hates coming from though. Bunch of brave keyboard warriors who wouldn't dare say it to your face at a meet.
It is crazy nowadays! I had a 1973 Pontiac Formula with a LS6 ASA and a 6 speed out of a late model GTO, it needed to be wired and that was it!(many years ago prior to all the swap kits out there now damnit!) and I had to sell it. Made a deal for the roller only because the guy had some crazy crate Toyota J2Z(?) motor that was for sure going into it. I thought he was crazy at the time myself but kudos to him for taking it on. He claimed it was run circles around the drivetrain I had in there!!

-
Back