My Dad is in the hospital, PRAYERS REQUESTED

-
Update 4-16-09

Today was another rough day. When the doctor asked him today,"Sir do you know why you were brought to the hospital?" He answered,"I think I had a belly ache." (He had the FLU, guys)

Now the docs are telling us he might be in longer. His enzyme count is imbalanced. His kidneys are not functioning properly and he cannot get rid of fluid like he should. He slept mostly all day. For the last two days we had to wake him for meal times. They are watching his fluid input/output very closely. Our greatest fear is kidney failure or being put on dialisis to clean his blood. :angry7:

Keep him in your prayers. His name is Phillip David Butcher, SR.

All his friends call him Buckshot,

But, I call him Daddy...:love7:

Your Dad has my prayers for a speedy recovery. Prayers for you & your Mom & family too. With the name Buckshot I know he's a fighter.

Prayers for the hole family and to the DR,s to find the problem that is slowing his recovery Mary, Like goldfish65 said he must be a fighter with a name like Buckshot, And most of us here knows how dangerous and hard work it takes to run a wrecker service, A lot of hours and crazy people to deal with. You stay tuff for him and for goodness sacks take care of your self .

Update 4/17/09

Dad was sent home tonight. My Husband drove Mom and Dad the one hour drive home. Dad has to have a nurse come to his home every day until he can see his doctor on Tuesday.

If he takes another turn for the worse, he has to go back to the hospital. Mom said he was sent home due to his Medicare Plan. :banghead::banghead:...

As for me, I see my Doc again on Monday and I have bumped up my insulin pen shot to twice a day. I'm feeling better now after 36 hours on the upped dose.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

~Mary :angel5:

Update 4/17/09

Dad was sent home tonight. My Husband drove Mom and Dad the one hour drive home. Dad has to have a nurse come to his home every day until he can see his doctor on Tuesday.

If he takes another turn for the worse, he has to go back to the hospital. Mom said he was sent home due to his Medicare Plan. :banghead::banghead:...

As for me, I see my Doc again on Monday and I have bumped up my insulin pen shot to twice a day. I'm feeling better now after 36 hours on the upped dose.

Glad he made it home.

Is that fast reacting insulin or time released? I do 3units of fast reacting at breakfast and lunch and 5 units at supper. Now this is give or take... it's really depends on how my sugar reads before I eat. Then at 10PM I do 16 units of time released insulin. My A1C stays around 6.7 or 7. They check that every three months. Ahhh diabetic life.... like no other. :-D

Update 4/17/09

Sounds like some good new to me :cheers: God that was fast Thank you[-o<.
I am happy to hear they seen him fit to go home :happy10: That is a good sign
I bet he is ready for home :-D Hospitals help get you well and everything :thumleft: But boy it feels good to come home.=D>
Thank you for the update Mary. Know Buckshot will have my prayers every day.

Still praying for you, your dad, mom and family. I'm going through something similar with my dad. They also sent him home before we felt he was ready to leave hospital because of Medicare rules. Within less than a week he was back in the hospital. :( I hope your dad just keeps improving and gets to stay home!

Remember, God is always good. :angel10:

Hi Mary and David,kids.My dad has also been send home,he,s doing better!While he was in,after his back surgery he was given codliver oil do to constipation(anestiecia)in the middle of the night he messed himself and got out of bed to get help(nurse wouldn,t come or help clean him up)so he went back to his room and cleaned himself up.Well he had a heart attack,he only has 1/2 a heart from previous so we almost lost him.then pnemonia set in his lungs.He was in ICU for a week.He,s been doing better and is home with oxygen for a month(he,s 76)Sorry to be long-winded,but I feel your stress!I,m hoping both our fathers make a full recovery and carryon living full lives again!Scott(pettybludart)

Hi Mary and David,kids.My dad has also been send home,he,s doing better!While he was in,after his back surgery he was given codliver oil do to constipation(anestiecia)in the middle of the night he messed himself and got out of bed to get help(nurse wouldn,t come or help clean him up)so he went back to his room and cleaned himself up.Well he had a heart attack,he only has 1/2 a heart from previous so we almost lost him.then pnemonia set in his lungs.He was in ICU for a week.He,s been doing better and is home with oxygen for a month(he,s 76)Sorry to be long-winded,but I feel your stress!I,m hoping both our fathers make a full recovery and carryon living full lives again!Scott(pettybludart)

Prayers sent to your fathers Mary and Scott, That sure douse sound like the hospital staff there dropped the ball Scott, Praying for a full recovery

-
Back