My Dads Challenger Got Overhauled!

-
Alrighty well lets see.

krabysniper said:
You can look it up on the web site, what it costs and who's responsible for said costs. Here is the disclaimer from the OverHaulin web site for those that have their vehicles stolen/butchered/overhauled or whatever you want to call it.

"Disclaimer: Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to you or received by you by reason of your participation in the program and you release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. You also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts."

So, what DID it cost?

Less than ten grand

[quot]
I agree with rumblefish360, I would be arrested because I would beat, whomever was involved, to near death, if this was done to my vehicle and I also consider this a divorce worthy offense. Not because I don't like Foose's work, because my car is a reflection of ME, not Chip Foose the car artist. He may well be trying to do what "he" thinks the owner would want, but when you leave the owner out of the equation it is no longer the owners "vision".

That said, your dads car does look good, and it is another Foose artwork masterpiece. So now, how does it feel to have a car that needs to be/should be in a glass case and not driven anymore?[/quote]

Your the one that said it will 'be in a glass case and not driven anymore' i say otherwise. It WILL get driven.

One last thing, what is with the fluid under the front of the car, it can be seen in the second and third pictures? A basicly brand new car puking up fluid right away??? What up?

It had a leak, someone forgot to fully tighten something. when you put the motor in at 3am, and 'give it' to the owner its not gonna be ready to go. Give the guys a break, they work around the clock..thats not just some TV thing. The car goes to their shop for a few months to get fully 'dialed in' and ready to go anywhere.

That car is crazy sweet! I've told my wife I would leave her if she did that to me. I am investing a lot of my time and elbow grease in this car. I'd sell the "foosified" ride and start all over... without a wife and with a bunch of money to spend. hehe

Greg

if you sell the car your just financing the devorce.... let we not forget this!

but if you hide her in the garden out back you benefit from nice veggies!

just my .02

man that is beautiful, looks freakin sweet, your so lucky :headbang: sounds like a blast to drive

and also to add, i have to agree personaly i wouldnt want thsi done on my cuda, sure im willing to take the money to put into it but i want it the way, i want ha, if you know what im saying, but i have a 72 challenger that would be donated to the foose overhaul if it could ha :headbang:

another add the more i read the more i add, ha, but anyways yeah i dont like the huge rims/small tires on old cars but that definatly looks good, i like the rims/colors

Cerwin said:
but if you hide her in the garden out back you benefit from nice veggies!

just my .02

Jeff, your a sick, twisted, disturbed man and I wish you were closer to hang out with...

Nice veggies.... your a pissa! :laughing:

I didn't say would be, I said needs to be. There is a difference :salute:

Chip Foose was a pretty cool cat. I met him in Austin when O'hauling was doing Lance Armstrong's car. He came into my bicycle shop to get a few parts for the cyclist theme. I was a little dumbfounded at first, I was thinking "man, that guy sure looks like Chip Foose". Overall, a really nice guy.

Greg

If he is himself on the show, it would seem so. He looks pretty cool on the show, laid back, big smiles, etc......
I'm sure working for him can be tuff with show dead lines and the crazy pace, but I think it would be worth it.
Even more so when the customer or the surprised loves it.
Not much more rewarding than that.

FASTBACK340 said:
Jeff, your a sick, twisted, disturbed man and I wish you were closer to hang out with...

Nice veggies.... your a pissa! :laughing:

well john if you dont wanna grow veggies you could grow .....

Big juicy mellons.. :headbang:

Thats pretty cool! Maybe I'll get to meet you and your Dad at Mopars at the Strip. I live near Laughlin during the winter.

DSC00065 (Small).JPG

we're actually moving to central florida in about three weeks. lol. ill be out here for MATS cuda/challengerless but here

Hate to say it but I don't care for the paint scheme or the low profile look.

But if everything was done for free it's still a great deal and something to talk about for a long time.

This thread contains an interesting twist to the old purist, numbers-matching resto crowd vs. the anything goes resto-mod racer/wrenchers. I find it even more interesting to see it here on a forum that seems populated by people who tend to work on their own rides, doing quite a bit of "non-factory" modification, by all accounts.

Over the years in the high-buck auction circles, Barret-Jackson, whatever, we've seen alot of what I would characterize as snobbery, like demostrated by Rumblefish and Kraby WRT the originality thing. The only real reason for this I have ever been able to figure out is to drive up the prices for number-matching original survivors and their carefully restored cousins. That is fine FWIW, but unfortunately it also drives up the prices for eveyone in the hobby WRT parts, etc.

OTOH, you poo-poo a killer resto mod like this that could run circles around anything more "original" in the same class in terms of performance, economy, comfort, reliability, almost by any measure you could imagine.

That just defies logic, to me. Oh well, to each his own. IMHO, this car totally rocks. If you can't see that you must be in denial.

IMHO if my car had this done I would just sell it. He builds great cars but the look is not for me (paint work for the most part) and will become dated over time. I like a stock look, or mostly stock with some real-world, tasteful mods. IE... Bit lower stance, modern wheel and tire combo. What I don't like are shaved door handles and mirrors, over the top paint, interior and a trunk full of audio gear.

Very nice, wow, I have a 70 swinger that needs that sort of attention. The chipster is unreal ...but... if my car came back with those low profile tires.. yikes, of course it is personal preferance.. did I tell you that chally is gorgeous, wow.

Ace said:
Over the years in the high-buck auction circles, Barret-Jackson, whatever, we've seen alot of what I would characterize as snobbery, like demostrated by Rumblefish and Kraby WRT the originality thing.

Why do you persist in saying things or floating accusations that are untrue??? Your weak ego is showing again.
I am BY FAR not a "100% restored purist", and I have demonstrated such by putting a 71 Dart sway bar on a 73, I put a mid 60's B body 8 3/4 rear in same 73, drive shaft is a cut down C body shaft, I placed a modified and beefed 78 360 in the engine bay where there used to be a slant 6, holley carb, edelbrock streetmaster intake, the radiator is an updated improved one from a 74 Duster, and a bastard 904 trans from hell with A999 parts mixed into it. By far not a numbers matching vehicle in ANY respect.

Where do you see me saying purism anything??? Where did I say his vehicle was intellectually inferior??? Learn the English language before you try to further insert your foot in your mouth.

I don't care for it but stated it looks good, by far not being a snob, on the contrary just stating an opinion. A snob would lift his nose and scoff at it and walk away as if it didn't exist, nor even give the satisfaction of commenting on it one way or the other, but I doubt you even know the definition of the words you like to try to use most of the time.

Here is a little English refresher: snob, noun,
One who despises people or things regarded as inferior, especially because of social or intellectual pretension.
Or
One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

If I were to be "snobbish" to anyone it WOULD be YOU, and with just grounds based on your continued attempts at demonstrating ignorance.

What I did say was what Chip Foose does, is not/ would not/ can not be for me because what he does is more automotive ART than hot rodding or restoration and IS NOT/WOULD NOT be a reflection of what I want in my vehicle. As I have said before do not quote or address me or my user name if your going to persist in being a putz. You are as bright as a burnt out light bulb spray painted black buried in the ground in a deep dark cellar, so get bent.

If you persist I will file a complaint with the site and see to it you are banned.

krabysniper said:
Why do you persist in saying things or floating accusations that are untrue??? Your weak ego is showing again.
I am BY FAR not a "100% restored purist", and I have demonstrated such by putting a 71 Dart sway bar on a 73, I put a mid 60's B body 8 3/4 rear in same 73, drive shaft is a cut down C body shaft, I placed a modified and beefed 78 360 in the engine bay where there used to be a slant 6, holley carb, edelbrock streetmaster intake, the radiator is an updated improved one from a 74 Duster, and a bastard 904 trans from hell with A999 parts mixed into it. By far not a numbers matching vehicle in ANY respect.

Where do you see me saying purism anything??? Where did I say his vehicle was intellectually inferior??? Learn the English language before you try to further insert your foot in your mouth.

I don't care for it but stated it looks good, by far not being a snob, on the contrary just stating an opinion. A snob would lift his nose and scoff at it and walk away as if it didn't exist, nor even give the satisfaction of commenting on it one way or the other, but I doubt you even know the definition of the words you like to try to use most of the time.

Here is a little English refresher: snob, noun,
One who despises people or things regarded as inferior, especially because of social or intellectual pretension.
Or
One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

If I were to be "snobbish" to anyone it WOULD be YOU, and with just grounds based on your continued attempts at demonstrating ignorance.

What I did say was what Chip Foose does, is not/ would not/ can not be for me because what he does is more automotive ART than hot rodding or restoration and IS NOT/WOULD NOT be a reflection of what I want in my vehicle. As I have said before do not quote or address me or my user name if your going to persist in being a putz. You are as bright as a burnt out light bulb spray painted black buried in the ground in a deep dark cellar, so get bent.

If you persist I will file a complaint with the site and see to it you are banned.

I have to agree with Kraby...I'm not sure where you saw either of these members (Rumblefish & Kraby) acting snobby about the car...they both mentioned they would not want it done to thier cars...nothing to do with being a purist. My cars are far from purist material and I would not want any of them to be "Foosed" either...that doesn't make me a snobby purist. Every one chill out and share your opinions without pointing fingers at each other. There's no need for it...

Very cool ride. Wish I had TV to watch the show Goody. Would have agreed to have this done to my car if I had not already started with my own resto. Would be tough to get bigger than 17" on my car even though Cerwin has 17" on his. Ride height and stance would be an issue, but I'm sure Foose could work his art

For me it is all about the process of our hobby that makes it fun. Scrounging for parts, researching upgrades/modifications, studying mechanics, reading cool stuff on this site, scrimping for every penny for years to make our own works of art.

Don't want this thread to be shut down. Send private PMs please.

I watch the show all the time. There are some cars I don't care for but most are pretty cool rides. I appreciate the purist cars and I appreciate the modified cars. I drive a restored car with mods, just like I did in 1970. If Foose wants do a car for me, that would be ok with me. Goody your Dads car is cool. I'd drive it! :salute:

DSC00065 (Small).JPG

All I can say is WOW. I watch the show and while I dont agree with everything done to these cars, I still enjoy the concept, pranks, artistry, execution and attention to detail. VERY COOL. They must have done it during the aftermarket parts show in Las Vegas - correct ?

-
Back