My first Mopar. 67 Barracuda

-
I got the other frame connector done today. I couldn't get the parking brake cable loose, so I modified the frame connector. Once again, I hate my flux core welder.

This hole is for the parking brake cable where it comes through the sub frame
24mar2010pic1.jpg

This hole is for the cable to come back through, it doesn't bind at all
24mar2010.jpg

24mar2010pic2.jpg

24mar2010pic3.jpg

Kind of hard to see, but this is the parking brake cable coming through the connector
24mar2010pic4.jpg

24mar2010.jpg

24mar2010pic1.jpg

24mar2010pic2.jpg

24mar2010pic3.jpg

24mar2010pic4.jpg

Getting a lot accomplished. Looking good, and a good score on that parts car. Those fenders look nice.. really nice...

Grant

I like your build style avarageerod....down to earth build...not super high tech...you build and make and use what works! lol...if that even makes sense...

Holy cow I've been missing your thread!

Looks like the motor is sitting to low with your headers touching the gearbox etc.... I had to use thicker motor mount isolators to lift the front of the engine some so they wouldn't hit.... even though they are TTI headers. So keep that in mind when you get to that point.

Nice build going!

Cool build.

Like said above engine placement is critical in order for the TTIs to fit. The instructions that come with the headers give engine placement specs. You can download the instructions off of TTIs web site to.

I will definitely measure before I start putting the headers in. If need be, I'll remove the ears and swap out the k member for the one I pulled off of the parts car since its not cut up. I'll have to get some differant mounts. I just keep getting deeper and deeper. LOL

how do you like those scarebird brakes? I thought of ordering a set but never got enough info on them, did you have to send him your drums and spindels? did he give you new spindels with the kit? how does it fit? what do you have on the front for rims?

the scarebird brakes went on very easily. the only thing that comes in the kit are brackets so you can mount late model calibers on them. I can't comment on the stopping differance because I haven't driven my car enough yet. I didn't have to send anything out, just mount the brackets, and remove the drum from the hub. Very simple and straight forward. The hardest part was removing the studs from the hubs. If you do it, the best way I found was to cut the swedge off the stud with a hack saw.

they do. you have to drill out the new rotors for the sbp. i made a couple of copies of the supplied pattern. I sprayed the rotor with wd-40 to hold it in place while I center punched the rotors. Call up Scarebird if you need to, they were very nice on the phone. I don't mind answering you questions, I just don't want to tell you anything wrong.

Im very interested in them,but I wanted to find someone who has installed scarebird's kit, doesn't matter as much if you havent tested it yet, anything could be an improvement over my brake, almost like having to stop the car with your feet like a flintsone car! but I dont want to change the bolt pattern or the hubs, so his kit makes sense, I wonder how those brackets would work with a rotor that is already 4x100mm which is the metric for the 4 on 4.5 probably to small around in general, those are celebrity calipers right? how much did you spend after you got scarebird's part of the kit to get functioning brakes?

I got my new gas tank and sending unit in today. Its not a big deal, but I haven't touched this car since March. I got the tank in, put some fuel in it and it fired right up. I'm a little more motivated now!

0718101600a.jpg

Glad to see your back at it Eric.Keep moving forward with the build.

P.S Sometimes thats all we need is a break from it all.These old cars take time and money to build them the way we want.Good luck.

everyone else has a drive by video and I wanted one too, so here it is

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQey2SCW4ec"]YouTube- drive by 1.MP4[/ame]

Ohhh, Handsome Eric, sounds like yo got ya hands full wit dat lady....you go boy!

You should hear what my Wife said in my first drive by video...ha, ha...she say's "Why does he have to do that!"....she definitely does not support my bad habits, ha, ha.

Ohhh, Handsome Eric, sounds like yo got ya hands full wit dat lady....you go boy!

You should hear what my Wife said in my first drive by video...ha, ha...she say's "Why does he have to do that!"....she definitely does not support my bad habits, ha, ha.

my wifes a cool lady. she supports all of my habbits, even the bad expensive ones. LOL

That cuda is definitely sexy, dunno bout you and the handsome part though....JK car looks and sounds great!!

-
Back