My friend with the E bike was hit.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Got the call last knight that he was hit by 2 cars late yesterday.HE was rush to our local hospital,than transferred to Kingston hospital 50 miles away,Trying to find out how he is ,police say charges pending but not saying who.i feel bad right now he was just here Tuesday afternoon showing out his work,and i said be careful buddy. :sad7::sad7::sad7:

Attachments

• 613.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 393
Sorry to hear of your friend Snake,but that bike is a "motorized vehicle"without plates.I just hope he was wearing a helmet when riding.

Riding a bike can be dangerous. People don't look out for them. I was hit three times in 2 years riding a bike around Detroit.

One guy tried to drive off after hitting me with a SUV, but came back after he saw me get up and catch his license plate...

I hope your friend is ok.

I hope you hear some good news Snake, and soon.... Prayers sent for your friend

people driving cars only look for car
ive noticed when riding my dirtbike (plated with headlight, tail light and a brake light) that people just do not see you

and from the looks of it his bike didn't have lights making him even harder to see

Scott makes a good point though, it could be tricky for the police/insurance to figure out how to handle his case, depending on how they classify his vehicle

I sure do hope he pulls through and gets better soon...im personally sitting at home recovering from a broken ankle sustained during a one sided motorcycle incident and its not a whole lot of fun

Praying for your friend here.

Depends on the state. Here in Idaho, a motorized bike under 50CC with no "gears" IE a moped like vehicle does not need plates. But you DO need a driver's license to operate on the streets and I would assume, liability insurance.

And there's a Great Big Grey line between something like that and electric boosted bikes and other mobility / disability vehicles

Just got news he is bang up pretty bad but will pull through,he was waiting on the side of the road,and a Minnie van hit him from behind and the anouther van struck him pinning him under.there is a pic on our Belleville INTELLENGCER.

1297488874641_ORIGINAL.jpg
This one

So this was at night? No lights? reflectors? That might not go well in the liability/ blame game

Glad hes going to pull through Don..I live here as you know and its amazing on crap drivers..Dollar to a donut ding dong was texting or on the flippin phone when it happened.Van that is.........I walk to work now and its crazy how many people text and are on the cell while driving....not just young people either....I cross at dundas to and from work. I garrantee at one of my daily crosses at leat one car runs the red..theres going to be another fatality in front of the hospital again:banghead:

Glad hes going to pull through Don..I live here as you know and its amazing on crap drivers..Dollar to a donut ding dong was texting or on the flippin phone when it happened.Van that is.........I walk to work now and its crazy how many people text and are on the cell while driving....not just young people either....I cross at dundas to and from work. I garrantee at one of my daily crosses at leat one car runs the red..theres going to be another fatality in front of the hospital again:banghead:

Thanks ED.

Just got news he is bang up pretty bad but will pull through,he was waiting on the side of the road,and a Minnie van hit him from behind and the anouther van struck him pinning him under.there is a pic on our Belleville INTELLENGCER.
That is so good to hear he will pull through! My stomach has been in knots all morning after reading your post. We were goofin and laughing yesterday about them bikes then this happened. One hell of a reality check. Still praying and hoping he recovers fast.
Larry

Sorry to hear of your friend Snake,but that bike is a "motorized vehicle"without plates.I just hope he was wearing a helmet when riding.

actually its not. In most states a bike under a set CC's, MPH, and has pedal's falls into some weird categories of being a bike, so no registration, plates or insur. is needed. I had my whizzer and it was the same deal but being in CA i went ahead and got the plate to keep the cops off my back.

Attachments

• l_a7af028dc8deade23740b52282e524ae.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 232
I feel sick for him,I have to take Cindy to KINGSTON for an eye appoint hopefull i will get a chance to see him.:prayer:

That is so good to hear he will pull through! My stomach has been in knots all morning after reading your post. We were goofin and laughing yesterday about them bikes then this happened. One hell of a reality check. Still praying and hoping he recovers fast.
Larry

Thanks Larry.

really makes you wonder why some people are the road ....I mean how do you hit a person on a bike on the side of the road at a stop from behind.

anyone who is driving with their eyes open should be able to notice that ....even if he didn't have reflectors ....kinda hard to miss a full grown man on a bike on the side of the road ....wow.

Prayers sent for him .....that is really sad that happened and glad to hear that he will pull through but its going to be a long recovery

glad to hear he will be ok..

i always ride my bike against traffic so i can see whats coming at me. supposed to go with traffic. screw that ****.

Suck city! Glad your friend will pull through. I always feel safer riding my bike in the woods then on the road. I'll take my chances with tress over dumb drivers.

....I mean how do you hit a person ............... at a stop from behind.

Very easy. Not payin' attention.

First rule of flyin' is "fly the airplane." Not gonna be much use to worry about if the engines all run, or the wheels are up, if you crash the thing into the ground.

In 1971, not long after I bought my "Limelight" 70 RR, two girls slammed into a friend and I in the car when stopped at a traffic light. They were "window shopping." It REALLY screwed that car up. Bear in mind this was long before any sort of handheld, phones, texting devices, or drive -up coffee shops, although, of course, there were McDonalds and Burger King, etc.

Shortly after I bought that car I joked to my friends "nobody ever better run into it and then say they didn't see it." That's exactly what this young lady said.

http://moparforums.com/forums/f62/my-old-ride-back-day-596/

81sruds.jpg

-
Back