my low buck street and strip ride

-
well been slackin off lately,pretty much just have to put in the converter bolts,and the starter,trans dipstick and some gas .gonna put the drag radials back on it cause the slicks leak down in a few days.also gonna take out the back seat and install a firewall.thats where my slicks and aluminum jack will be kept.didthat in my b body too,go to the street races stop short ofeveryoneelse put onthe slicks and rippem up!make sure i get the leave!same thing at the track.drive there change tires and hit it.....

got the fuel pressure gauge mount worked out today,made a solid little backet that wont vibrate ,used an old pod to cover the gauge.also put st tires back on .they will need to be on there to test drive it anyway.cops around here wouldn't know how to act if they caught me with the slicks driving around.....View attachment sigpic4330756_1jack.gif

Bad,better put that Chebby repair tool back in the box!:cheers:(commenting on hand motion clip.)

Bad,better put that Chebby repair tool back in the box!:cheers:(commenting on hand motion clip.)
lol, couldn't help it was wrenchin a camaroach today part of the day lol. bomber your heads getting progress?

Thanks for askin,man.Heads disassembled,ready to degrunge.Would love to hear that bad boy of yours.Done the drivin on wrinklewalls in rain thing,not fun.

Thanks for askin,man.Heads disassembled,ready to degrunge.Would love to hear that bad boy of yours.Done the drivin on wrinklewalls in rain thing,not fun.
jeffs gonnacome over and record a little vid just been workin on a bunch of brand x crap .plus now it gets dark at 5.00 pm.the dradials suck in the wet almost as much.**** i might just fire it up at 2 or 3 pm on thursday.....

Would love to be there.Solid cams,work so well with good head!:tongue1:

Have you thought ,about running,a seperate VHT trackbite setup? Wouldn't be hard,on demand traction......

Have you thought ,about running,a seperate VHT trackbite setup? Wouldn't be hard,on demand traction......
windshield washer spray on rear tires?( with vht in it) thinking it will hook pretty well,with those 26 x 10 wide et drag slicks. might have to drop thepinion angle a bit .

alright you guys know what happens when your close to lighting your new build right,wait for it,it f-----n rains! never fails:wack:angry9::poke:

alright you guys know what happens when your close to lighting your new build right,wait for it,it f-----n rains! never fails:wack:angry9::poke:

I have no idea what you're talking about, Mike. I had ZERO setbacks or hold ups after rebuilding my top end... Oh wait, that's a lie! :evil1:

I have no idea what you're talking about, Mike. I had ZERO setbacks or hold ups after rebuilding my top end... Oh wait, that's a lie! :evil1:
whats up jeff, you been to see your car yet?

Yeah stopped by yesterday. They havent done much but sand down the passenger's side & started leveling with filler. Looked like most everyone was on Vaca.

Yeah stopped by yesterday. They havent done much but sand down the passenger's side & started leveling with filler. Looked like most everyone was on Vaca.
well the holidays always slow automotive work up,they will prob geton it after this weekend.it stoped raining and i couldnt work on my ride cause i had to finish a customers 06 charger, timing belt and water pump.i finished it so i got a good payday at least.....

gonna fire it tommorrow! got to put the starter in and get a piece of battery cable,put the trans dipstick.then it's on with theshow.damn still gotta bleedthe breaks....you know it's gonna sound like fremont drag strip on murrieta tommorrow!!!!!:burnout:\\:D/:finga::drinkers::cya:

Got to check out Baylands once,'88. Much better street/strip equipment ,than Famoso same era. Gotta love Durham Rd.

i used to go there all the time with s and s alcohol dragster.was worlds quickest small block chevy.yea fremont was great.saw a bunch of stuff there over the years jungle jim,gene snow,folsom flash.....

gonna fire it tommorrow! got to put the starter in and get a piece of battery cable,put the trans dipstick.then it's on with theshow.damn still gotta bleedthe breaks....you know it's gonna sound like fremont drag strip on murrieta tommorrow!!!!!:burnout:\\:D/:finga::drinkers::cya:
it didn't i didn't try. it is ready right now.all it needs is gas.everything else is ready.rained yesterday.if it dont rain tommorrow it'll run...

its saturday, going to get gas right now. will be running in a bit.

put gas in the tank,turned on the fuel pumpfired right up. set the timing at 22 initial,34 total.sure settles down to idle better.didnt get to drive it cause i need to fix a trans line leak.doesn't get warmer than 185 idleing.gotta get a peice of 5/16 tubing and bend it to thetrans cooler.

-
Back