My neighbor scores big (shooting fish in a bucket.)

-
That be a cheap and easy mod that works and works real easy.

I call it "red neck engineering" and there aint a DAMN thing wrong with that. Just a lil'car crafting at work. The rest looks great.

Spaz iz dead on, someone stole it and someone stole it for there DAD! Or was it for there Son? Ethier way......

How FLIPPIN COOL is that! I just can't find words on how cool that is to do for your Son/Dad. If my son or daughter brought something like that home....forgettaboutit!

Dude, you should see this family, they really need to be in magazines.

They live for cars, live to go to big shows, barter and trade cars like candy all except dad was without a cool car as he did not have the money so his Son turned him on to this one and went and looked at it way up in the mountains for him.
Dad went up there the next morning and left his jeep there and dragged this one home on the car hauler.

Truly an amazing family that is die hard in to muscle cars and classics.

They really stumbled on this one since nobody wanted to drive deep into the mountains to go look at this car from the responses from craigslist ads so the Son was the first guy to come look at it and was like "Dad, you need to get your *** up here and snatch this car before someone else does."

Schwing!!!!!!!!!!!:love5:

That car is AWESOME! I'd paint it the original color, and leave the engine in there. Way more fun than stock, in my opinion. Restoring to original is cool, but I love the day 2 restos! Just my opinion. I think the cut outs are cool, pretty good idea...thats what hot rodding is all about.

Why someone would hack up an original formula-S like that is beyond me, but luckily it's only the inner fenders so not a hard fix really.

because when it was done the car was most likely worth very little because ...well it was just another car. they weren't always collectible.

I see two items which I'm really surprised to see on this particular model ( Formula S 383 ) : Power Steering and Power Brakes !

This such a sweet find . Factory-produced B/RB powered A's are few and far between .
I knew someone whom had a '68 Barracuda notchback with a 383 , and it was 100% stock except for the wheels / tyres ( Ansen Sprints ) , 2 Bbl carb / intake ( installed by a prior owner during the 1st gas
crunch ) , and functional -- and illegal in Ca. -- side pipes with the 'slide' on 'em for open exhaust .
It was Q5 Turquoise , had disc brakes , and a factory AM-FM radio .

I'm with the other whom say " keep it in its street freak regalia " . Just dump anything that's 80's / 90's related , style-wise , and we're good to go !

very nice find

even the exhaust cut out are funny to look

what the heck the previous owner fab some and why not
it was is car after all

big block a body not my cup of thea but why not

Great score!! :thumbup:

WOW, nice to see that the deals are still out there, I think we all would have been all over that car.
I am still waiting for my barn find LOL
AL

He traded his jeep, plus cash but he would not tell me how much.

The c/l ad asked $6800 so either way, he stole it.

Holy smokes Batman. If thats a 6800 dollar car a bunch of us are way upside down in our cars.

I would drive the heck out that car! If I ever sold my duster (which ive had for 15 years) I would only buy a 383 fastback cuda!

I'll give 15k for it if he wants to make some quick cash
Damn stole it is the understatement of all time NICE @#$%ing Cuda

Man, I hope the guy didnt call the cops as he was hauling it home cuz that is a real steal!! I bet the seller is kicking himself in the *** right now. Thats an amazing car, minus the fenderwells, I really like it. The cut-outs make me laugh:toothy10:

Man, I hope the guy didnt call the cops as he was hauling it home cuz that is a real steal!! I bet the seller is kicking himself in the *** right now. Thats an amazing car, minus the fenderwells, I really like it. The cut-outs make me laugh:toothy10:

I know, they are so ridiculous but cool and very old school.

because when it was done the car was most likely worth very little because ...well it was just another car. they weren't always collectible.

I know, not everyone was as conscientious as my buddy John was with his basically unmolested 68 formula-S that he owned since new.

He's done some mild mods but nothing to really mess up anything that can't go back to stock easily.

I just talked to the owner a half hour ago and he basically told me he will probalby hang onto this puppy forever.

Holy smokes Batman. If thats a 6800 dollar car a bunch of us are way upside down in our cars.

And people post their JUNK for $15,000 !!!

Of course it doesn't take long they find out REALLY how much their JUNK is worth. Rant over!

Yep, intake is a 62 max wedge. If it has the matching heads, the should only have 4 valve cover bolt holes. Kool car, paint it, and drive the wheels off of it.

-
Back