My new shop thread!

-

res1vw21

It's only metal
Reaction score
Well here are some pics of the shop we are staring to put up. It is a 45x60 steel building with a 4in (center) slab and heated floors. The big dude in the hat is my buddy Chris. Tomorrow will be a big day as we have a boom truck coming in to lift the walls. Anyway I am looking forward to this!

Thats me in the gray shop jacket operating the drill

shop day one1.jpg

shop day one2.jpg

shop day one4.jpg

shop day one5.jpg

shop day one6.jpg

shop day one7.jpg

shop day one8.jpg

shop day one9.jpg

shop day one10.jpg

shop day one11.jpg

heated floors, quessing you mean raidiant heat? good luck with it, i had it in my house and disconnected it.......was just draining the propane tank and not producing much heat.....

That's going to be nice Ross, I see projects in the back ground just waiting to get their turn in the shop!

heated floors, quessing you mean raidiant heat? good luck with it, i had it in my house and disconnected it.......was just draining the propane tank and not producing much heat.....

yep, hmm interesting. everything we had heard was positive. I hope they work, if not that was a few $ down the drain.

We have heated floors on our shop @ work & let me tell you, when it's zero out and your laying on your back on the concrete that is say 65 deg, it's heaven!!!!!!

However, it's not made for having doors opened and closed very often as it takes a bit to get the air back up to temp. At work we have a make-up air syst. that comes on when the temp. quickly drops below it's set point, then it shuts off & the floor heat continues.

If I ever build another one it will have infloor heat!

Your garage will be awesome!

I bet you can't wait :cheers: That is going to be so nice res1vw21
:cheers: to a new home for your car's :cheers:

the "contractor" that did our slab used double bubble foil, was told that is our problem. i was really hoping that everything i heard about radiant heat was true....keep us posted as to how it works for you.....

Wow that looks like a nice building and the radiant heat is the best.Do you have a floor drain? Do you buy this building as a package? 8)

Wow that looks like a nice building and the radiant heat is the best.Do you have a floor drain? Do you buy this building as a package? 8)

thanks, no drain as we don't have water going in to it yet. ( we did have a toilet and sink set up put in and hidden for later use) and yep the building is a statospan building.

-
Back