My Other Car is a...

-
I like Maverick more than Mustang.I had a 75 Maverick with every available option. Like a small LTD.
below...
This was our other car until last Saturday. Almost head on collision at 35 mph.It rotated 270 degrees. The belts and bags left some nasty bruises on my wife, daughter, and grand daughter. The Rav sacrificed itself to save my girls. I'm greatful for that.
I want a bumper sticker that says "Driving IS NOT a freestyle event".

Attachments

• 04 RAV4 no more.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 244
how about the Gapp & Roush "Tijuana Taxi" P/S ?
now THAT'S a Mav !

I've had a '70 Ranchero GT with a 351-C , FMX , 9" / 3.50 Locker . Gads of low-end torque ; something that the "335-Series" was known for .

In keeping with the theme-of-the-thread ; "My Other Car Is... " a beat-up-but-runs-great 2001 Geo Metro , my work vehicle ; a company car .
Even with the severe flogging that poor car has endured , it's got 140,000+ miles , and still runs bitchin' !

It's the 4 cylinder model , complete with an archaic-by-today's-standards 3 speed auto , which shifts *HARD* when you let it wind-up .
I think it's got a high-speed-upshift governor and a super loose converter .

It runs very well ; averages 30 mpg ( with the way I drive it :lol: ) ; and like the old Timex commercials ( which were parodied in the Blues Brothers ) : "It Takes a Lickin' , and Keeps On Tickin' " .

Prosaic truth is , if I could find one that's not beat to **** , I'd have no problem using it as a daily driver :thumbup:.

I like everything car-related , Fords included . Even Jim Wangers
( Mr. GTO ) has a diverse automotive collection ...
... always has .:headbang:

Attachments

• rsz-28.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 227
It's cool to see everyone's replies about their other cars. And thanks for the compliments on the Maverick. It is a very clean car...it looks better than the interior of my 2010 Ranger.

Which reminds me, if we are listing ALL of our other vehicles then here you go:
2010 Ranger (4cy, 5spd...gets about 28mpg hwy..my DD of course)
1971 Maverick
1999 Suzuki Marauder 800cc cruiser bike
2008 Yamaha TTR-230 (which is for sale if anyone is interested)

I also have a push mower, but I don't think that counts :)

the license plate on my bosses '71 cuda says my other car is a cuda too! (and yes it's another '71 or '70 cuda, since he has a few)

Mustang Daily Driver

us1297-1.jpg

98 Dakota R/T Shaker Hood Tow Vehicle

P9152019-1.jpg

My other car is a 1986 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 NA = Normally Aspirated. I bought it for $600 because it has a blown motor = Interferance Enging and the previous owner had tried to change it and didn't get everything back in the correct place and when he went to start it the piston's hit the valves. Found pieces all over the place! It's a 2+2 = four seater, so I can still take most of my kids for a drive. I love the T-tops but they do leak. It's my first car I've really worked on with fuel injection, and I've learned alot about how a computer works an engine listening to the various sensors as they fail!!! I keep asking where is the small guy with the small hands to reach everything in the engine compartment as my big hands don't fit everywhere they need to go, but I get the job done one way or the other.
Thought I had a picture of it to share, but can't find it really quickly. I'll see about adding it later.

My wife currently drives our kids around in a 1998 Dodge B1500 Ram Van with a 5.2 L 318 Van Conversion. We got it for the rear AC which comes in handy during the summer!

Okay, since we're posting up our "other" cars, I'll bite. Right now I'm over on ford-trucks.com studying up on mods for my '78 F250, collecting catalogs, and researching vendors to do business with. I want to start collecting parts this spring.

Oh, and the Barracuda will be coming into the garage at the house just as soon as I can get the rollback to it. :D

Truck I bought in 2007... sold in Feb 2009. Everything you see on it I did.. 96 Ram 1500-10" lift on 37" tires. Sold due to baby on the way.. :)

BeforeAfter.jpg

Then I bought a 2003 Hemi Ram 4x4.. added a few aftermarket things

P6220001Medium-1.jpg

Sold that in August 2010... I was quitting my job to go back to school full-time so I didn't want the unnecessary payment... paid off the bank and bought my current rig:

2001 Dakota Quad Cab. I have a lift kit and new rims and tires waiting in the shop...

dak1.jpg

5 year build, now finished.

Attachments

• bufshop3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 190
  • bufshop5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 218
  • CometFin1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 218
1998 Neon, 5 speed, 14:1 steering, adjustable Koni's with ACR springs and sway bars. 40 mpg. Sweeeeeeet Comet by the way!!!

1972 Duster 340 4 Speed / Owned since 1975
1970 Dodge SuperBee 383 Auto
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt

I like this thread and I know I am part of the minority group here as far as other makes go,but thats ok.I like cars that have been built by all automakers.This shows all the variety of people here also,and there are some really cool rides being posted.I have been shunned at a few shows for even bringing this one out(93 Iroc R/T)this is my 3 season car.
I also have a 92 Iroc V6 5spd that does winter duty and does it very well.A couple of weeks ago we got hammered with snow and with the drifts I was actually plowing snow in places because it was coming up the hood to the windshield.I also plugged up the front air inlets and started to overheat:angryfir:cleared those and all was good.

Attachments

• 000_2142.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 177
At my house, it's all Mopar all the time....

2008 Durango HEMI (wife's DD)
2005 Durango HEMI (my DD)
All the projects in my sig
Several F-body 4dr parts cars
Couple more 4dr Darts
A Dakota parts donor
73 Sebring shell
77 Tradesman Van (parts)
87 Fifth Avenue (parts)
28 Dodge sedan (someday rod!)

Some nice looking stuff being posted here, I really like the blue Comet and the Moto Guzzi bike...I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

I got the Maverick transferred into my name on Monday, so that part is finally over. Now I just need for it to stop snowing or raining for a day or two so I can get it in my garage.

-
Back