my son may have totaled his car tonight

-
there have been two hit in the same spot about a mile from my house last week. I see them crossing there a lot and the bucks are crazy right now
There is a spot like that by my place. I had the highway dept. take down the Deer Crossing signs so they would cross somewhere else

I can feel his pain....I really like this car. This was in CO. The insurance company totaled it and actually gave me decent money for it. Instead of having it shipped to TX..took the money and bought this and 24 more payments it will be mine. :) I still miss my old CV.

Attachments

• Crunched_CV.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 294
  • MKS tinted2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 302
Glad he is OK. You might tell him to stop chasing the deer in the fields with his car, though. LoL. I had a customer bring in his sons new Chevy truck in because he hit a deer. The insurance got them a rental and his son hit a deer a few days later. 2nd insurance claim. The dealership gave him a loaner, and you guessed it, his son hit another deer in it and did $2300. damage to it. The dad had already been warned by his agent after the 2nd wreck by his son. The dad refused to to call the insurance on the third wreck, so he paid that one out of his pocket to keep from filing a claim. So he spent 2-$500 deductibles plus $2300, before we ever got his sons truck fixed. The bill on the truck was over $10k.

well here are some pics of Tylers car. According to the body shop it is on the verge of being totaled. could go either way. I decided not to involve the insurance company. It is going to need a hood, fender, header panel, headlight assy and front bumper. Maybe some small pieces when we get into it. We are going to do it ourselves. I checked around places I deal with and ordered the parts in. approx. $500.00 in parts. paint, that's not an issue. So why take a chance that the insurance co. can come back and jack up the rates. I have $500.00 deductible on it anyway. more payments and it is paid for. Do not need to go buy another car. About a 2 day job here. Poor momma deer got the worse of it. she lost some hair and I know she wonders what the hell hit her. LOL

Attachments

• DSC07874.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC07873.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC07872.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC07871.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC07870.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC07869.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC07863.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 287
That would be your best bet, I doesn't look like any
structural damage, so it should all be replace stuff. Easy fix over a weekend. Glad he is ok.

well here are some pics of Tylers car. According to the body shop it is on the verge of being totaled. could go either way. I decided not to involve the insurance company. It is going to need a hood, fender, header panel, headlight assy and front bumper. Maybe some small pieces when we get into it. We are going to do it ourselves. I checked around places I deal with and ordered the parts in. approx. $500.00 in parts. paint, that's not an issue. So why take a chance that the insurance co. can come back and jack up the rates. I have $500.00 deductible on it anyway. more payments and it is paid for. Do not need to go buy another car. About a 2 day job here. Poor momma deer got the worse of it. she lost some hair and I know she wonders what the hell hit her. LOL

My brother hit a decent size buck with his little Toyota last year. The car wasn't even a year old and insurance totaled it. The deer opened his car up like a can opener.

Attachments

• 1456827_10201953504253512_641721940_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 1419952_10201953733139234_1648752390_n.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 961234_10201953504053507_2064177774_n.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 1458912_10201953733659247_1712770127_n.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 245
I have deer running accross my property daily. My GF moved in 3 years ago and she's still reminding herself "if you see one, there's two more you didn't see yet". They're all over my neighborhood which has 4-5 horse properties. They come for the spilled grain and at least on my land - the acorns and raspberries.

pauly, he is a body man and painter. he has to have it looking nice. He just painted the whole car about 2 months ago so it will probably be fixed in a couple of weeks from now.

pauly, he is a body man and painter. he has to have it looking nice. He just painted the whole car about 2 months ago so it will probably be fixed in a couple of weeks from now.

Glad he is alright! If he didn't like the color, he could've just said so! Just kidding.
One ran straight into my Daughters Audi. Had to replace the fender and the hood, and repaint it. It got up and ran off too. These Kentucky deer ain't no joke! Lol. Worst thing was it sh!# all over the side of the car. Again, glad to here he wasn't hurt.

Bill,
Looks like just a love tap to me, no where near total.
New fender, maybe hood I would fix the hood, headlamp.
Straighten radiator support, easy fix.
Fender $50
Headlamp $140
Hood used $50
Paint $200

Just a love tap, let me know how my no-labor estimate works out.

Good to hear he was ok. That would be one to fix. Parts are plentyful and reasonably priced. If they total it buy it back and fix it. tmm

your estimate is a little light. parts here are just about $500 not including paint or labor. The good thing is paint is at cost and we are doing the labor. Not turning it in to insurance. not worth it. parts are on the way. running parts through the body shop. it will be a cheap lesson for him. first time he has hit anything. or anything has hit him.

Well among all the other stuff we are doing managed to get Tylers front end back together. It is all done but the painting of the rest of the front bumper. He decided to take vacation this week and has to paint it at work because of the paint he is using. Finish the paint next Monday. Lets see if he can miss the deer now.

Attachments

• DSC07924.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC07926.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 112
Several years ago while heading to Reno for Hot August Nights and ran across an accident scene. SUV was crushed all the way to the back seat. The driver and passenger didn't fair well in that the front half that was left was covered in a yellow tarp. As we passed what was left of the SUV a backhoe was lifting a 8 point elk buck out of the ditch. Huge animal. It was dead but we could'nt see any visable damage to the animal.

I hit a 6 point buck at 70 on the interstate here In Iowa with my volare. I just put a new engine in it and re did the paint. Alot of body work there. It destroyed the entire front end And went up over. Caved in the roof, destroyed the windshield and passenger window. It was a total loss. It all happened just two months after having the paint done. Now I'm building a deer guard for my duster. ;)

-
Back