NA Slant six vs 440

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
7.30 at 94.67 mph to a 7.35 at 93.22
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymfWH64ktII"]YouTube - Slant Six N/A vs Stroked 440[/ame]

Oh, it 'twas 'n 'barrassing time over the Roadrunner campfire that night

I would love to know the specifics on that slant six besides it being bored over slightly.

On the next run I did a 7.25 at 95mph,best mph ever.Going to try the longer Hurricain intake after I try the pig Scott Stump sent me for the Clifford I have on the car now.I think I can get the car in the 7.teens.Scott Stump is a Ford guy that runs in the 10s with his six cyl Comet.Made and sent me the pig for free.Ford six guys are as helpful as us strage slanted guys.Mark

On the next run I did a 7.25 at 95mph,best mph ever.Going to try the longer Hurricain intake after I try the pig Scott Stump sent me for the Clifford I have on the car now.I think I can get the car in the 7.teens.Scott Stump is a Ford guy that runs in the 10s with his six cyl Comet.Made and sent me the pig for free.Ford six guys are as helpful as us strage slanted guys.Mark

pig??

Mark that's great man. Charlie, thanks for sharin.

Yes,Thanks Charlie.A pig,or sometimes called a turtel,mounts on the bottom of the manifold.This one is about the size of a tennis ball cut in half.In theroy it will slow down the flow to the 2 inner runners and give a more even flow, and mybee increase overally flow by makeing the big open chamber smaller.Does this make any sense??I will test and report.Mark

Yes,Thanks Charlie.A pig,or sometimes called a turtel,mounts on the bottom of the manifold.This one is about the size of a tennis ball cut in half.In theroy it will slow down the flow to the 2 inner runners and give a more even flow, and mybee increase overally flow by makeing the big open chamber smaller.Does this make any sense??I will test and report.Mark

and pics please...you have my attention.

ah yes! the turtles!! i heard that the old time slant racers stacked Popsicle sticks in the same place... also shows the same thing in the mopar performance engine book

ah yes! the turtles!! i heard that the old time slant racers stacked Popsicle sticks in the same place... also shows the same thing in the mopar performance engine book
I have several Manifolds done this way..
Hey Mark nice runs. Your care package should BEE there if not any day.:)
Frank:spiderma:

I have several Manifolds done this way..
Hey Mark nice runs. Your care package should BEE there if not any day.:)
Frank:spiderma:

i know this is asking allot but do u have any pics?? i have my manifold apart and might as well do this!!

Nice run!

The "Pig" or "turtles" in the intakes plenum does make sense. The exact sci. behind it all is correct intheroy, actual application can vary and actual performance could be a hide and seek game.

The "Air damn" as noted in the MP books is an easy way to help correct air flow down the runners. You'll note in the MP books, the "popcycle sticks" will vary in length and height. Length wise, it can be inside the runner length or to the outside of the runner in length. Height can be 1,2 or maybe even 3 sticks high.

I would imagine, that if you go this route, testing something like exhaust gas temps would be the easiest way to figure out if you went the right way. Or maybe even a 02 sensor in each header tube. Dyno testing this would be very costly.
But test you must and power you will find. Looking foward to the report on the Aussie intake. I hear very good things about the Aussie's work.

I would love to know the specifics on that slant six besides it being bored over slightly.
I would too.I'd never been interested in the slant sixes before but that was pretty impressive.I'd like a slant six that'd run like that.

That makes two of us !!! Won't be long before I'm ready to start on my 6,and this could help out nicely !!

It would seem to me that a bump in the manifold would speed up the air similar to an airplane wing. Because in order to get to the same place, the air has to speed up going over the bump in much the same fashion as going over the top part of a wing.

-
Back