Need an Idler arm for my barracuda (special need)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69wacuda

Handling, and a 500ci engine.... All in good time!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need an idler arm for my 69 barracuda fastback. It was originally a 318 car but has had an engine swap to a 360.

The funny thing is that when I go to order it at an autoparts store I get the wrong part. The one I have is like the one in the picture. Please let me know what year and model does the idler arm belong to so i can either buy from you or order it from somewhere else. thanks.

Attachments

• IdlerArm%20003.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 180
Does your K frame have a tapered reciever? It sure looks like the one in my 67 cuda!

That is a 67-only piece. Check your k-member to see what it looks like where the idler mounts. If you have a 67 k-member make sure that there is a washer under the nut ( a thick one) as opposed to the idler being worn out.

That is a 67 only idler arm. The single attach ear was weak and a slight bump against a curb would send them to the alignment shop. 68 and later went to 2 bolt ears with a bolt all the way though at that end. I would suggest fabbing the 2 bolt ears and welding them in place of the single and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back