Need help big big big time

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok pulled into the gas station today and a guy pull up asking if it was for sell.I said for the right price.I said give me 7000 he look around for awhile and then said 5500 I got his number and I am going to think about it.

as it is I have a rough est of 5200 not including my labor and my dads labor.

I could buy me a good condtion 72 satellite new paint 318 for 8000(could talk him down) or a good 71 charger 318 for 5500 that I also like.

But It more about this is my first car and it means alot to me.I say it he will to 6000 Ill do it what do you guys think.

Keep in mind, The grass is always greener on the other side of the street.

Ask your dad. Do you want to start over on another car. FBBO doesn't have the thech support yet that you enjoy here since it is still in the early stages but it is growing.

guess it depends on what kind of shape your car is in and what else it needs.. sounds like you'll be making money which is rare. depends what you really want.

Stick to your price and stay away from those year satelites and chargers. unless you have deep pockets. To me they are just to big. you will also need to add on to your garage

1 mans junk is another mans treasure, things are only worth what some 1 is willing to pay, its your life do what makes you happy,on and on do what makes you feel good in the end its all up to you and i think we can all kick ourselfes in the *** for deals we did or didnt do hope your dreams become reality and your happy in the end THIS AINT NO DRESS REHERSAL HAPPY NEW YEARS

My first car was a '73 Charger & second car was a '70 Charger I loved both of them (70 a little more) but you really have to do what makes you happy. What do you want to drive. What do you want to hop in and go not what everybody else thinks.

Think long and hard about it 73.You have a car,with a fresh engine ,and a known history.Like both body styles,personally keep the car you have.You posted about going in the 11's a while back.What you have,is a lot closer to that goal,if that still exists. My .02.

Stick to your price-DO THIS
and stay away from those year satelites and chargers-THESE PROJECTS ARE MONEY PITS AND LOTS OF PARTS ARE NOT REPRODUCED.
. unless you have deep pockets-WE ARE DOING ONE AND SO FAR WE ARE OK BUT WE ARE MAKING EVERYTHING AND DOING ALL THE LABOR you will also need to add on to your garage -I DID HAD TO ADD TO GET BOTH MY CUDA AND IT INSIDE WITH DOOR CLOSED.

It just depends on what you want, and which you get. An almost finished, for an unknown? I spent 3 days a week, for a year, helping a buddy do a full restro on a 69 Charger. $$$ The drive train was $12. It runs great.

But I think my old worn-out 340 Duster would beat him........

Yep, once the trigger is pulled, no going back. Have fun, with either of them.

For what it is worth I don't think much of your 2 choices......I would keep the Duster....

My .02 cents. You only get 1 first car. Your building it for what you and no one else wants. Mine was a 69 383 magnum Charger, got it when I was 15 and didn't drive it til I was 18. Family issues more or less forced me to sell it. But the memories with that car are still there and I really do wish I had it back. It's not about the money or anything, it's your time, blood and sweat. Plus the things it's taught you along the way.

I'm 50+ years old.. It took me this long to get a car like my 1st one (below). Hence the name "19 Again.." It's your choice, but it sure seems like so many on here have wandered back to their original roots (1st cars) when the bug bit them.. You may look back down the road and ask yourself what was I think'in???
I'm just saying... Good luck on your decision...

Attachments

• Duster Car .jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 317
Keep your 11sec Duster and save up for a 2nd car! You'd be real hard pressed to be able to get 11sec. of Mopar fun for your 6000.00.

-
Back