Votes: 31 24.4%
  • 70 Barracuda (Gran Coupe)

Votes: 40 31.5%

• Total voters
-

orange68cuda

3 Barracuda Member
Reaction score
Okay, So i've finished (almost) my 3rd barracuda resto, now looking for project number four. At my fingertips are a 70 Dart Swinger, 71 Duster(possible Demon clone), 70 Cuda (really wanna stick with a-body) 8) But I need some help deciding.. I love them all, The 70 Dart is in great shape, two owners with a little modifications. The 71 Duster is also in good shape but still needs plenty of work and the 70 barracuda is in great starting position for an awesome ride. In price ascending order they are as follows: Duster (cheapest) Dart (2nd) and barracuda is the most pricey (and I already have 3 68 cuda's)... Help me out here guys & gals.. Much appreciated!

POST SOME PICTURES OF THESE CARS RESTORED, HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND!!!

My personal favorite rides are 67-69 darts 67-69 barracuda's and 70-76 dusters

What are your plans for the car that you redo, sell or keep? Are you restoring to stock or doing a resto mod? Will your budget be better for one car over the other?

I think in this economy, building the E-Body is a good choice if you have the $$. Parts prices are depressed now and will rise again.

yea i would go with the cuda. I love a bodies, but having an a body and an e body like me my friend is even more awesome!

Do the Demon clone out of the Duster.My 71 Demon started
life as a 71 Duster.A 5.7 or 6.1 would be neat in a clone

i voted for the duster only because thats what i hope will be my next project too ,and it sounds like you already have thought out some plans for the duster.

I voted 70 Dart. Because I have one, and because E-bodies are always on the cover of everything. Lame...

Okay, So i've finished (almost) my 3rd barracuda resto, now looking for project number four. At my fingertips are a 70 Dart Swinger, 71 Duster(possible Demon clone), 70 Cuda (really wanna stick with a-body) 8) But I need some help deciding.. I love them all, The 70 Dart is in great shape, two owners with a little modifications. The 71 Duster is also in good shape but still needs plenty of work and the 70 barracuda is in great starting position for an awesome ride. In price ascending order they are as follows: Duster (cheapest) Dart (2nd) and barracuda is the most pricey (and I already have 3 68 cuda's)... Help me out here guys & gals.. Much appreciated!

I'll let you resto my Dart GT. Send me your address. LOL

If the 70 cuda is like my 70 challenger was, its alot of 1 off parts 70 only, it will nickle and dime you death, dart and demon parts are easier to find, sell off the cuda and use the money to fund the a bodies. just my 2 cents worth.

What are your plans for the car that you redo, sell or keep? Are you restoring to stock or doing a resto mod? Will your budget be better for one car over the other?

keeping it.. resto mod (unless i go w/the 70 cuda) and yes the Dart and Duster are both about 1/4 to 1/2 of what the cuda will cost just for purchase :(

If the 70 cuda is like my 70 challenger was, its alot of 1 off parts 70 only, it will nickle and dime you death, dart and demon parts are easier to find, sell off the cuda and use the money to fund the a bodies. just my 2 cents worth.

i agree, restoring a 70 cuda is going to be very spendy but may pay off in the long run if i sell it.. i would rather keep my next project though and i dont really want to restore something just to sell it..

The dart is in the lead and I keep leaning towards it myself.. The 70 barracuda would be amazing but will take years (guessing) to complete it seeing as parts can be pretty expensive, the only good thing is it has all the chrome in good shape, grill, tail, etc.. would just have to put in body work, engine work and paint... but the asking price for the cuda is 6x the price of the duster and 4x the price of the dart.. hmmm.

I guess I'm kind of biased. Plus if you keep it original you could consider it an "investment" that you might be able to get most of your money out of if you had to sell it later on.

For a resto-mod, i chose the Duster/Demon clone over the others because of the rear wheel wells are bigger, and the parts availability is better which would be cheaper in the long run. The Dart sounds like it would be too good to cut up and the '70 Barracuda would be too expensive.

Since I have a 71 Dart, I will say the Dart. And if you don't have a lot of money into it, if you sell you would still be able to make $$$$$.

I voted for the Cuda. Do it, sell it, and you will have enough money to do the other two any way you want to and still have money left over.

-
Back