need help on a charity build !!!!!!!!!!!

-
does anyone know how much just the shell of a 76 dart swinger weighs? i have offered to Joe my 76 that i was parting out. i really would like him to be able to use it instead of me sending it to the junker but it seems like he is having a tough time getting someone with a flatbed or whatnot to get it. the reason i ask about the weight is that i have 3 neighbors and myself and if we can lift it onto my f250, i'll drive it out there. there is literally no interior, no driveline at all, just the frame and rear quarters and roof. think 4 avg guys can hoist this onto my truck? i can use a billion tie downs to keep it in place. this is prob not the best option but i am trying to come up with something to help. i really need to get this car gone one way or the other. if there is anyone close to boston mass (reading mass is where i live) and can help out, please just let me know. my email is jasonmrenda@hotmail.com. i tried to take care when pulling the parts off this car because i know Joe can use it. i'd hate to see the car just go to the scrapper.

Well if all goes right jason tomorrow I will be on my way . Just got a e-mail confirming it but know better in the morning

Joe, If a SB chevy will keep the kids hospital open then thats what you gotta do.

Huge nThanks to Jason. The shell and doors I went to pick up last night are clean. We have actually shifted gears to the new shell that needs next to nothing versus the one I have. So now we are on a awsome time frame. Thanks Jason It will help alot

that's awesome Joe - i am glad i could help. looking forward to the progress pics and if you need anyone to turn a wrench, give me a call/email.

good luck man.

Hey Joe,Door sill plates are on the way,they ain't pretty but the best ones I had.

Got some big news today and once I get all the details will fill you all in . The build is gotten more attention then you all think

Please see the important notes in red italics. These items cannot be counted on any longer; if you can help, please do!

Another round of thanks goes out to the following terrific individuals and companies for their continued -- and promised -- support.

SPONSORS ~
’73 PLYMOUTH SCAMP BUILD FOR
SHRINERS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL

American Racing – Torque Thrust IIs (promised, but not yet received)

B & M Racing & Performance Products -– shifter

Bach Towing – Scamp transport

Bodyworks Unlimited –- Tony, the paint guy

ButlerBuilt -– seats (promised, but not yet received)

City Tire Company -- tires

Dean aka “Mr. Model A” -– Speedway Motors straight axle

FairPricedShipping.com –- parts shipping (promised, but nothing has been shipped for us yet)

Fel-Pro Gaskets –- full gasket set, valley pan and engine bearings

Fiberglass Unlimited –- lexan (promised, but not yet received)

ForABodiesOnly.com members –- 4 speed transmission, passenger door, bumper, taillights, alternator, wiper motor, door sill plates, NEW DART BODY!!! & paypal donations **

Fuel Safe Racing Cells –- custom fuel cell (promised, but not yet received)

Hedman Hedders --- header kit (promised, but not yet received)

Hi Tech Transmission Inc. --- tranny and converter

Holley -– carburetors and blue fuel pump

Howe Racing Enterprises --- radiator and related parts

Ivey Industries – welding supplies

JB Grafix Custom Painting, Inc. –- Justin Barnes, the gold leaf expert

Keystone Automotive --- rust inhibitor, paint and all paint/body supplies

Lee Racing Engines & Restorations -– Billy, the motor guy

Legendary Auto Interiors -- headliner

Levielle’s Auto Recyclers --- 1973 Plymouth Scamp

LM-Tarbell --- all steel needed for the build (FYI -- decided not to sponsor the build … LM will be removed from the next updated list)

March Performance -– pulleys and brackets

Melling –- oil pump, pickup and screen

McGill Hose and Coupling -- all plumbing on the car

Moroso -- oil pan, valve covers, Blue Max racing wires, timing cover, battery box

MSD Ignition -- ignition (promised, but not yet received)

NIC Industries -- any powders needed for the build

Painless Performance – wiring harnesses (promised, but not yet received)

Phoenix Specialty Coatings -- custom powder coating to match the paint

R&R Industries Inc. -- Ford 9 inch and any other parts Joe can use in their yard

Stock Interiors -– carpet kit

Strong Keepsake Images – show board

VFN -- fiberglass panels (cannot get shipped from Chicago area to Massachusetts!!! Please help!)

Please be sure to visit these great sponsors, and let them know you saw them on the Joe Wallace Shriners' Scamp Charity Build List.

You can see this list at any time on the link on the home page at http://strongkeepsakeimages.com.

** Paypal donations for the charity build can be made through the link on the home page at http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com.

Waggin' I am in Birmingham, Alabama. I can meet you halfway to your place in my truck, bring your 440 this far and then meet another FABO member a few hundred miles North of me to pass it along til it get where it is going in Massechusetts. I am available Tuesday through... Let's get this thing moving!!! And let's avoid the chebby from currupting our mopars! (LOL)

Hell all sorry I have neglected to get on earlier had a meeting today then came home and got some sleep. Have been ill last few days and needed to recoup. Anyway Have a big company in the works to sponsor the build and they called me. I am hoping to have everything worked out this week so I can get money for this build so I can buy the parts rather than wait for them to come. Figure by now if they aint here they aint coming. At this time I would also like to thank jason for the 76 dart shell. It has become the new build . I am in the process of taking the rear section off the 73 because I like it better and looks more like a hot rod *** end. I am going to turn it into a 73 more or less. This body needs much less work and time is very short. The chevy motor still may happen. I have the motor it is complete and I know it is a monster of a motor. It pulled my 3800 lb car 10.2's so it should move the gasser nicely. Sorry guys but I got to work with what I got . I built the motor ,it is all high end parts and it has about 10 passes on it. I would truely like to put a 440 in it but $ is the problem. Anyway I would like to thank everyone who has supported this build so far. with out you all I would not be where I am to date. Hopefully soon I will get this build done and get back to a normal life . Have a great week everyone and send some pics of the new body soon as I figure out how to do it .

Good luck Joe. Im sure anyone who has a problem with the checy motor going in it will step up to the plate and donate a Mopar engine before running there mouth,

FYI: I am in Birmingham, Alabama and there is a COMPLETE low mileage 440 motor in a motorhome. comes with all incidentals (brackets, etc) and 727. asking $1000.00. if it becomes a desired part of this build, I am probably coming to the Nats in a couple of weeks. Talk about it.

hey joe, im right in west springfield, and got some extra parts from my build. i saw your buddy that is helping you with the car i beleive his name is ryan and talked with him for a good half hour. sounds like your real busy! if you need help with something id be glad to help im only a town over from yeh. i work full time at my fathers plating shop so if you need any little brackets or something chromed let me know.
Joe

Well ladies and gentlemen aug.15 is not gonna happen. So now I have a new goal. S.E.M.A . Yeah Vegas baby. I am going big now! SO I got some extra time and I am gonna build it right. Stress is less and the build is gonna be bigger. So come on everyone lets get a FABO car to vegas and show them all how it is done.

-
Back