need help on a charity build !!!!!!!!!!!

-
Good news on parts. Holley has jumped on board for carb and fuel pump. So I am slowly slashing away the needed list!!!!!1

As of this writing on May 29, 2009, the following items are still needed for this build.

Motor (Billy plans to donate a 400 if no one else can help out with a running 440)
Doors (at least a passenger side)
Wiring harness – the one in the car is pretty hacked
Posi unit for a ford 9 inch (still waiting on it got gears)
Headliner (black)
Carpets (black) / underlayment / sound deadener
Door panels / interior kit
Wiper motor
Driveshaft 727 to ford 9 inch
Starter - mini starter would be nice but not going to get greedy at this point
Alternator
Pulleys
Ignition (at this point M.S.D is still way in the air)
2.5 inch exhaust tubing
Tail lights

SawzAll blades....lol
3 inch cut off wheels.... lol burning them up​

We've got a pair of 902 heads that are now blasted (whewww what a job that was lol) and Billy's been doing a bit of a mild port job. The valves and springs are reuseable but it would be great to do this the 'right' way with new internals. Joe's been trying to get Manley to pony up with some new ones but nothing is firmed up yet. If anyone has spares they aren't using, please let one of us know.

Thanks for keeping this in your thoughts and hearts guys and gals. We couldn't do it without you. :love7:

Update for evryone. I just got a 440 short block that needs rebuilding. Due to time and money I am putting it up for sale . It is a 1975 flat top motor that ran when pulled about 6 months ago. I would like to get $250 for it to help fatten Billys pocket with the build of the 400. Any takers give me a call 413-275-6959 or e-mail me shrinersplymouth@yahoo.com Thanks Joe

Little off on the build but I am heading to the shriners this week . The final paint colors and graphics will be decided by the kids. I am very excited to see the talent that the kids may have . Hopefully they will be as creative as I have been with this build ! Also I hope everyone has had a safe and fun weekend . I am going to celebrate my sons 6th birthday. He was never suppose to make it and he beat the odds! And that is why I am going to beat the odds on this build . Us Wallace's NEVER quit !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 6th Birthday Mr. Wallace junior!!! :eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion::supz:

I ordered a bunch of color swatches in Shriners' colors Thursday. Not sure if they'll be there in time for the meeting, but we'll give it a shot.

Keep us posted Joe!

Tryston says thank you for wishing him happy Birthday! Well if all goes well they should be here in time. Worse case I can delay meeting with the kids for a few days till they arrive ! I will keep you posted . Now I got to go replace the fuel pump in my truck....yea it is a in-tank pump and the truck has a half a tank in it.......woo hoo....lol...later.....joe

update I got 2 carbs from holley and a blue pump!!!!! also looks like we got a carpet thanks to Leanna at P.S.C. ! It is a long road but it will be well worth it !!!!!!!

I didn't have time to read the whole thread. Did you find a pass side door? I may have one. I also may have some interior parts.

Jeremy

Jeremy, the passenger side door is still desperately needed. There's some bodywork that still needs to be done on the car so the sooner all the promised or yet unobtained parts can arrive, the better the end result. The latest "Parts Still Needed List" is shown just a few posts before this one. Thanks for your offer!

Yes Joe, Todd Speary at StockInteriors.com has generously offered up a carpet kit. I need to get some more info to him to firm things up, but want to thank him publicly for getting his company on board. Every little bit helps!

Awsome news Leanna . Yes we still need a door as Leanna stated. Jeremy if you have one and dont need let me know. It would be a great help . I am pressed for time. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far to date! Without the help of Phoenix Specialty Coatings I would not be where I am now in this build.

More good news! My friend Tyler -- who owns FairPricedShipping.com -- has eagerly jumped on board with an offer to help us get the Scamp parts back and forth to/from Massachusetts. Everything will need to be coordinated on a per-part basis (I'll take care of it -- just share your details with me), but it's really terrific having this wonderful shipper involved in the project.

THANKS TYLER!!! :love7:

Thank you Tyler ! One less thing to stress over !!!!!!!!!! Thank you again Leanna ! What would I do without you and Billy !!!!!!!!

I have a door, it will need a little work and has dart sport glass in it. I don't have the money to ship it but would be willing to get it ready to ship if you wanted it. I can have it off of the car on Saturday. If I took the glass out of it, it would make it cheaper to ship. Let me know if you want it. I will try to get a pic of it sooner. Jeremy

Update on list.....THE GRILL GOT BROKEN BY MY STUPIDITY AND ANGER ! so i need a grill,also need sill plates ! Anyone?..lol...sorry all it is 1 am and I am dead tired. Hopefully I can get more pics up soon still trying to figure it out!.............Later..Joe

Some new pics ... still a long way to go though.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings/Shriners Scamp Build/

Sorry about the link. I'm out of room on my managed attachments.

Billy got Painless Performance on board yesterday for all the wiring we'll need. Special thanks to Gary W. at Painless for his efforts on the kids' behalf!

I'm still working on interior parts, upholstery, and some seats and hope to add some more good news to this thread and the sponsors' list soon.

Thank you Leanna !!!!!! You and Billy are kickin ***!!!!!!!! Also Dean A.k.A Mr Model A here in Springfield Ma just called. He has donated a brand new straight axle from speedway motors !!!!!!!!! See everyone, there is good people left !!!!!!!

I discovered tonight that I can set up a whole separate "DONATE" button on my shop's paypal account so I did one for the "71 Plymouth Scamp Gasser Build for Shriners Children's Hospital" on the home page of my website.

I'm not sure if the code will work here (hmmm might have to try).

In the meantime, donations can be made from the home page of my website about 3/4 of the way down under the 'Sponsored Events' section.

Can someone please test my experiment by offering a $1.00 donation? I'm admittedly no computer programmer. LOL All funds will go to purchasing the parts not otherwise obtained from sponsors to finish the car, or to the Shriners directly after the build is completed.

The paypal reference will be ShrinersScamp.

Sorry Leanna, I just sent out a money order to him a couple of days ago. wish I had known sooner. I know there other FABO members that can cough up a few bucks, Heck, I pushed what I said in an earlier post, DON'T BE A PENTASTAR POSER!!!!!!! Let's get this thing done, even if its one six-pack or pack of smokes at a time. My dad was a Shriner, and I've seen what they do for kid's, come on people, they arent asking for much, bet it would be if it were your kid. If everyon who looks at this post this weekend donates a six-packs worth of $ I'll bet he could be $500.00 buck closer to the finish line. Whadda ya say??? Any takers?

waggin and 7071 i live on i75 right in between u to guys and would love to ride with you guys to cudachicks place if possable. i have nuthing to give but would love to help any way that i can. and meet some of my internet mopars freinds please let me know.

Kipp a huge thank you. when I started this project I never thought I would have complete stangers helping me. I can not express how much it means to me to have you supporting this project. I just got your mail today and it floored me. not use to the help from others I am usually the helper. Thank you .

scamp173124, Have you spoken with Will at G Force racing in Bridgeport CT ? He puts on a show every year with proceeds going to the Shriners. Maybe he can help with parts.

I will look through my parts and see if I have something you can use.

OK, looks like I'm gonna co-drive with Waggin on this 440 adventure (If all goes as planed).
ANYBODY on I-75 in Georgia wanna donate anything PLEASE call me ASAP (478-822-9317) So we can pick it up on our way to CudaChicks place. WAGONS-HO!! Road Trip!! Woo Hoo!

Later,
Bruce B.
478-822-9317

come on guys i relly want in on this at the very least stop and have some lunch with me in byron yall are gonna be sooo close to me i dont wanna pass this up

-
Back