need help on a charity build !!!!!!!!!!!

-
I really wish I had my own shop, I would donate my time on the body work.

I just wanted to jump on real quick and thank everyone ! This is one hell of a journey I am on and thankfully I have alot of great support on it. It has had its moments were I wanted to just drop the ball and say the hell with it but the support and kids have fueled my fire ! Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the input guys!!! It's nice to know someone is reading this.

Since we've been unsuccessful in getting a running or new 440 donated to the cause by virtually every engine builder in the country (well, it seems we've asked that many LOL) and time is running out, Billy's kicked in a crate 1973 Mopar 400 that's been in somewhat pickled storage since the late 70s.

We've got the block torn down and deburred -- a couple of the chambers have a little rust that honing didn't cure, so we're working with a Mason-owned machine shop in Union City, Tennessee trying to get him on board to get it hot tanked and do a .040 bore.

The motor parts list is ........... well, everything but the block and a stock crank (though making it a stroker would be sweet and probably bring more money at auction time):

Cam and lifters
Timing chain set
Springs
Locks
Retainers
Stainless valves
Roller rocker arms
Hardened rocker shafts
9.5 to 1 pistons (.040 over)
Rings
Cam, rod and main bearings
Connecting rods
High volume oil pump
Felpro gasket set (w/valley pan)
Head bolts / stud kit (ARP preferred)
Mains stud kit (ARP)
Oil pump drive

It would be great to make this thing a real beast but that's tough to do without a budget or willing sponsors, so it'll probably end up with stock internals.

If anyone has any of the parts on this list just sitting on a shelf unused that you'd be willing to let go, it'll get your name on the sponsors' show board and show the world you wanted to see this project through to its best possible conclusion. A little help goes a long way when everybody gets involved.

Thanks for your continued support!!!

Our continued heartfelt thanks go out to each and every company and individual on this list. We couldn't have gotten this far without the help and support of each of you!!!

American Racing – Torque Thrust IIs

ATL -- fuel cell

Auto Meter -- gauges

B&M – shifter

Bach Towing – Scamp transport

Bodyworks Unlimited – Tony, the paint guy

Dean aka “Mr. Model A” – Speedway Motors straight axle

FairPricedShipping.com – parts shipping

Fiberglass Unlimited – lexan

ForABodiesOnly.com members – 4 speed transmission & cash donations

Hedman Hedders -- header kit

Hi Tech Transmission Inc.-- tranny and converter

Holley – carburetors and blue fuel pump

Howe Racing Enterprises -- radiator and related parts

Keystone Automotive -- rust inhibitor, paint and all paint/body supplies

Lee Racing Engines & Restorations – Billy, the motor guy

Levielle’s Auto Recyclers -- 1971 Plymouth Scamp

LM-Tarbell -- all steel needed for the build

McGill Hose and Coupling -- all plumbing on the car

Moroso -- oil pan, valve covers, Blue Max racing wires, timing cover, battery box

MSD -- ignition (not yet received but promised -- we'll see)

NIC Industries -- any powders needed for the build

Painless Performance – wiring harnesses

Phoenix Specialty Coatings -- custom powder coating to match the paint

R&R Industries Inc. -- Ford 9 inch and any other parts Joe can use in their yard

Stock Interiors – carpet kit

Strong Keepsake Images – show board

VFN -- fiberglass panels

When you call or write to them, please let these valued sponsors know you saw them listed on the Joe Wallace Shriners Children's Hospital '71 Scamp project.

My I ask forgiveness for being so slow on this venture for Shriners Scamp Charity Build thread :pale:
As most of yall know, when I see allot of reading I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I get scared I guess when I see a long page to read and keep in in my mind of what I am reading, I am so sorry :happy8: I am not a lazy reader I just get confused after reading more then a paragraph of words.
But know I seen a short version of it and found out that this project needs more attention it deserves for the children and I am a bit ashamed that I did not take the time to have my wife read it for me or just help me understand what is going down here. I see that Joe Wallace has jumped on board with us and I commend his work to raise monies for the kids Hospital Thank you Joe Wallace :cheers:
I see there is folks here wanting to jump in with parts and help, All I have is my brayers and and I will match the 40 dolors that has been put in the $40 in paypal donations on the 3rd of July for the Shriners Hospital for children.
Again I hope everyone will forgive me for my neglect on this venture.
I am so ashamed of myself for not taking the time to understand the long post's that I get scared of reading. :neutral:
I need to do something about that 8)
I have to go back and reread my post and fix it :love7: so it can be understood
Lets continue showing Joe Wallace what we are made of :love7:

Oops !! Welcome to this great site Joe Wallace :cheers:
We really do have the best of the best folks and Tec's here :happy10:

Memike, no worries! Better to have you in now than not at all!

Thanks for taking the time to learn more about the project. I really appreciate it!

I pulled the door tonight and took pics. I will post them if you are interested.

Jeremy

Yes =P~let see how things are looking and what needs to be dune to get to where you need to be :cheers:
You will see that we love pictures here.:read2:

Well since I have no door still C_stripes I need it so unless it was T-boned or sat in a swimming pool I think I can make due with it. I will have Leanna contact Tyler and see about getting it shipped. Thanks

Leanna has a contact, Tyler Sheff, in the trucking industry. Maybe he has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Tyler and his great company, FairPricedShipping.com, are on board as of last Tuesday. I'll give him a call tomorrow and get the ball rolling on getting C_stripes' door from Utah to Massachusetts.

C_stripes, thanks again for your patience, labor on the door removal and willingness to help! We couldn't do this without people like you.

Yes =P~let see how things are looking and what needs to be dune to get to where you need to be :cheers:
You will see that we love pictures here.:read2:

Thanks to FABO member and fellow Shriners Scamp sponsor Jeff Strong (StrongKeepsakeImages.com), we DO have some recent pictures.

Joe, I knowwww you've gotta be tired ... you were physically present for these photos so I'm surprised you didn't mention it already. LOL!!! [Yeah, I love to give him chit -- I'd swear he runs on overdrive, caffeine and sheer exhaustion.]

Anyway, click on the link for Jeff's website above and you'll see quickly links to:
  • The slide show where the latest photos are organized
  • The Parts Still Needed / Sponsors' Lists
  • A link to donate to the Shriners Children's Hospital itself **
While you're checking out Jeff's website, take a look at the other stuff he has available for your car. He's definitely an artist when it comes to showing off your ride at the next level.

** Please keep in mind that you can donate directly to this build securely through paypal on the home page of MY website at PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings.com. There's a "DONATE" tab near the top of the page, and another farther down the page under the Sponsored Events section.

I have some parts I can donate, Wiper motor (hope it works) Tail lights lenses should be the same as my Dart and I have an extra set and I have a Denso alternator from a 98 Jeep cherokee if you would like. I will see what else I have in the bins.

This is a very worthwhile cause and am trying to figure out if I have something (hopefully, a new part(s) that I can help out with). Let's see what we can help with here folks.

Ben, I think its safe to say your spot in heaven is secure.
Its great to know people like the members here still exist.:cheers::cheers:

Hope these parts will help. Sown is a picture of my Darts bumper, I have an extra if you need it as well.

038.JPG

039.JPG

041.JPG

042.JPG

Here are pics of the door. There is no glass, but all hardware is there and in a baggie. The plastic piece that went on the top of the door crumbled when we took it off. This is a nice rust free AZ door with just a little damage. Here are some pics. Glad I could help. This is coming from myself and my friend Dustin.

Picture021.jpg

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Thank you everyone ! C_stripes door is very usable ! Hopefully leanna can work her magic and get the door to me....lol.....lovin the drive I am getting from you all and it is just fuel for the fire ! I know with all your help this will be a amazing build...thank you everyone.

You know I can not figure what is worse ! A false promise or a flat out no.kinda like picking up chicks at the bar ,one tells you go to hell the other says meet me here at 2 am and never shows up ! hell they both suck but what is worse? They both piss me off!!!!!!!

OK today I get the scamp title in the mail and it says it is a 73. Run the vin.sure **** it is a 73 . When I got the car I thought it was a 71 . I was told 71. Now how screwed am I on body parts coming .Are they close? Being a bow-tie guy I know very little on the mopar interchangabilty. So now I am in A whole new world of stress ! Any help would be great. Started mocking the straight axle tonight and will have to get pics out. It looks cool !! But now I am wondering how screwed I am with body panels.

I knew it was a 73. So the door I am giving you is correct.

-
Back