Need help troubleshooting

-

Methuselah

Reaction score
I have two different issues. The first one is I think pretty simple. I increased the jet and metering rods on my carb and have been getting a popping sound through the exhaust. My thought is unburnt fuel.

The second one just started today. Clicking sound from the end, turning the wheels to the right, and stopping hard will produce the sound. The full front-end was rebuilt about a year ago, K-member up rebuild. Any ideas?

I have two different issues. The first one is I think pretty simple. I increased the jet and metering rods on my carb and have been getting a popping sound through the exhaust. My thought is unburnt fuel.

The second one just started today. Clicking sound from the end, turning the wheels to the right, and stopping hard will produce the sound. The full front-end was rebuilt about a year ago, K-member up rebuild. Any ideas?
old timers say,..if it poping out carb its the timing,if its poping out exhaust,...its the carb...

what kind of brakes you running?? could be cracked rotor clicking the pad,..could be a wheel barring bumming out...get the jack an stands an check it out,..shouldn't be hard to find...good luck...

thanks for the reply, it turned out to the transmission, seems like I will be be doing a rebuild, the click is happening during up and down shifts and kick down. My transmission savy friend thinks valve body. :(

Took it to a transmission shop, they dropped the pan and found part of the clutch assembly in the pan. I had lost 2nd gear, and the clicking sound was clutch slap. The shop that worked on the transmission the first time around never put the kickdown linkage cable back on. I drove for 8 months at max vacuum in transmission.

-
Back