Need help with SBP Kelsey-Hayes rotors

-
P6120015.JPG

I don't have a photo of the clearance, but my factory rotor didn't have any issues. It looked like this:

I bought these swinging replacement rotors from Summit Racing. No fit problems, either, but they don't carry them anymore. :(

rotor-top.jpg

Make sure there isn't air trapped inside the dust boots. You can grab the boots with your fingers and pull it away from the pistons and any air that could be expanding the boots will escape. You should be able to see the boots shrink in size if there is any air trapped. The air gets trapped when the pistons were pushed into the calipers. It's worth a try as it wouldn't take much expansion of the boots to rub the rotors.

there is a member on here with a green camo jet fighter as an avitar and he's retired master mechanic , there specializes in the kh disc set ups . if fact he just posted a sales ad for the disc set up and what he goes though to rebuild them . hope i jogged someones memories on the members name .

there is a member on here with a green camo jet fighter as an avitar and he's retired master mechanic , there specializes in the kh disc set ups . if fact he just posted a sales ad for the disc set up and what he goes though to rebuild them . hope i jogged someones memories on the members name .

Is it @hemi71x ?

Do you think that the Bendix rotors would have worked with the same boot massaging?
Possibly, I used a butane lighter and screw driver to flatten the rubber boots. I would be interested to see when you assemble your brakes if those rotors will rub. Instead of pressing in the studs, mock it up with bolts to secure hub to rotor so you can mount the caliper to check clearance. Your set of bendix rotors might turn out to be fine.

I got a pair of rotors from brakeperformance.com. They vary $140 to 170 a pair with pads. The slotted and dimpled units work great on the road courses.

I got a pair of rotors from brakeperformance.com. They vary $140 to 170 a pair with pads. The slotted and dimpled units work great on the road courses.
Thank you CUDA69 for the brakeperformance.com link!! Everything from high performance to stock

Mine are bone stock, probably never turned. What if they did hit? Its just rubber....?

Mine are bone stock, probably never turned. What if they did hit? Its just rubber....?
If they do rub, it will eventually rub a hole in the boot. Then water,dirt,other contaminates will eventually freeze the pistons up.

You think? It looks like it would just rub a flat on the lower part of the boot. maybe not even go through it. But they are there for a reason I suppose. We get no rain out here and no freeze, all ours does is keep dust out.

-
Back