Need help with Throttle linkage for Air Gap

-

ProStreetDuster

Reaction score
I got an Air Gap RPM and a 1" super sucker Carb spacer for my 340/auto
I need a taller throttle linkage bracket with kickdown provisions. What's everyone using that runs taller intakes on small blocks.
I've seen the lokar cable one but it's bank.

Sorry, cant help for the stock stuff. I can only promote the lokar stuff. I have their throttle cable, bracket, and kickdown cable...very happy with it. you get what you pay for, very easy to adjust if need be..just my .02cents. any other 'hot rod' motor i build in the future will have it..

I think the site is called Magnumhp.com , they have a raised bracket just for this.

I have one of those brackets that magnumHP sells sitting on my bench......it uses the stock throttle cable and has a provision for the lokar K/D cable. I also have the Lokar K/D cable too.......make me an offer and I'll send ya the whole set-up. I took it off cause I went to a RMVB and a Jeg's throttle bracket. The cable has been trimmed to work on my 904 but there was a lot of adjustment left. The retrun spring and bracket is also included with it. Like I said make me an offer.......

You can upgrade to the MangumHP setup, or I've extended the bracket and kickdown rods before (welding in sections) for higher intakes.

:salut: :toothy2:

100_0343.jpg

that's the Lokar cable and bracket....I have that at home too.....I think I have to many spare parts.

ProStreetDuster said:
I got an Air Gap RPM and a 1" super sucker Carb spacer for my 340/auto
I need a taller throttle linkage bracket with kickdown provisions. What's everyone using that runs taller intakes on small blocks.
I've seen the lokar cable one but it's bank.

but it's bank

What does that mean?? :( :wack:

Its expensive??

Sorry, I guess, being almost 50 years old;
I only speak oldfart? American.

LOL.

On Ebay, there are people selling different throttle brackets too.

MOPAR: 340 360 High-Rise Throttle Cable Mount. Bracket

Item number: 8067647239

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...067647239QQcategoryZ42604QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Supplied complete with the throttle cable mounting stud pre-installed, a new cable hold-down / adjustment clamp, a new carb cable stud and clip, etc. Adjustable cable angle for varying intake heights. Works with all Carter, Edelbrock, and Holley 4-Bbl carburetors. Also provides easy installation of the cool Lokar cable-type kickdown setup. An OEM safety dual return spring and taller return spring bracket are also included. Life is good!

In some circumstances, this may require a longer-than-stock throttle cable; check my other auctions for extra-long ones for most body styles and years!

Bank means Money, as in it costs a bit more than I wanted to spend. The throttle bracket I'll use, but I couldn't see spending that much money on a kickdown cable for my 904 when I'm probably going to swap in a 518 tranny in my Challenger. I just wanted something that would work for now so I could finally get this intake on.
I'm 40 so your not that old :salut: . I guess us Californians talk funny sometimes LOL
Thanks for the link, nice setup, I bought a similar setup Dusterb318 had laying around.

GoodysGotaCuda said:
:salut: :toothy2:

Yea, that's the exact same Lokar cables and bracket I'm using on my 383 with a the Weiand and Demon 750 DP'r. It works fine especially after I drilled a 1/8" dia. hole (1/8" deep) in the base of the carb so that screw that keeps the bracket from turning has something to bite into. The bracket doesn't turn anymore and bugger up the cable adjustment. :evil2:

Copy of P9100005.JPG

-
Back