Need pics of 65 Valiant heater cables at the box

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I tried to do right this time unlike I did on my 73 Charger. I took pictures of the cable ends at the heater box on my 65 Valiant before I removed them. But when I went to look at the pics they were blury so they offered me little help. I'm having trouble remembering how the cable clamp holds the cable on the heater door. I also am unsure of which cable goes where. I know there is 3 cables. If anyone has any pics of they're resto that would help I would appreciate it. I don't want this one to be a 7 year resto like my Charger that still isn't finished. I'm trying to slap this Valiant back together and fix it while I drive it. But I'm also checking everything and seeing what it needs. The heater core was one of them so that why I'm here with this now.

Attachments

• Heater cable1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 125
was it an ac car i dont know if it matters if i can get the camara to work i will snap some of my 65 cuda

I'm not sure if they're different. Mine has three cables and three doors. I remember seeing a factory a/c Valiant in the junkyard and the box was different but I didn't pay attention to the heater controls. It might help anyway because I still haven't figured it out.

im sorry i for this
im down for a long time just had my knee cut on i will see i can find some thing

I think that illustration posted here will help me more than anything. It appears there that the blower motor wires plug into the resistor on the box and the ground wires to the heater tubes and dash screws. Is that correct? Some reason I see those same wires but sticking out the through the firewall. I pulled them out when I put the box back in the car because I thought they plugged in under the hood like my 73 Charger. But looking back at my pre-tear down photos I noticed too there were no wires coming out around the blower motor. Is the illustration correct? Does that plug go to the motor resistor? I do have one terminal with no wire to plug in on my resistor and no extra plug on my dash harness.

-
Back