Need Quick Garage Cost Info ASAP !!

-

mitch340Duster

Reaction score
Long story short for now. How much garage can I build for 75k in the Nashville area? I've been dreaming of building a barndominium but I came across a property with an existing home that looks like it might be perfect for me. I am in Connecticut. My TN realtor is looking at the property tomorrow and bids need to be in by 2pm !!!
I will have 75k left in my budget if this place looks good and my offer is accepted (yes I am very lucky but worked hard). The shop portion of my proposed barndo is planned for 50x50, so if I can build a 50x50 garage for 75k I could be golden. Any thoughts are appreciated.

You can get a 30x50 metal building for 18,900$ anywhere installed

Long story short for now. How much garage can I build for 75k in the Nashville area? I've been dreaming of building a barndominium but I came across a property with an existing home that looks like it might be perfect for me. I am in Connecticut. My TN realtor is looking at the property tomorrow and bids need to be in by 2pm !!!
I will have 75k left in my budget if this place looks good and my offer is accepted (yes I am very lucky but worked hard). The shop portion of my proposed barndo is planned for 50x50, so if I can build a 50x50 garage for 75k I could be golden. Any thoughts are appreciated.
My garage by itself will be a 30 X 40 deep with spray on foam insulation, twin 12’ wide garage doors up front with a regular walk though in between and one at the rear left of the building for just under $25K.

My garage by itself will be a 30 X 40 deep with spray on foam insulation, twin 12’ wide garage doors up front with a regular walk though in between and one at the rear left of the building for just under $25K.
Perfect thank you. Looks like I might be OK. Even if I have to do without for a couple years until "things" settle-down. I will report back tomorrow

Call Kentucky Steel, talk to Bobby. You can get one hell of a garage for that budget and fully outfit it

The building honestly is one of the cheapest parts of the equation. Site prep, permits, concrete, electrical, plumbing, driveway(gravel or additional concrete), lighting, insulation, floor coating, and erection of the building are all significant costs. There are more costs associated with building materials for walls/doors etc. if you are going to add rooms inside the building for living space. If you plan to install a lift, now is the time to do it as well, when they are there with the equipment to lift it in place and install it. 75K probably would have been doable in 2019-2020 prices but today, I bet you're at 105-120K. Concrete and material costs increased signficantly after covid and have come down some, but not a lot.

As others have recommended, build it as large as you possibly can because it fills up fast! If you build it with 14-16' walls you have the flexibility of adding additional lifts for car storage or a second floor for more living space. I have a 40x60 that I built in 2020 and it's almost full now. I wish I could have gone 60x60 or 40x80 but the budget just wasn't there.

Amen on building as big as the wallet will allow! Mine is 40 x 40 with a 16 x 24 room off the back. It's so full, I'm waiting on an investigation by the FAA just any day now.....cause it looks like a plane crash inside! :BangHead:

Where near Nashville? PM if ya don’t want to post. I’m 30 minutes south. Summertown Metals is my go to.

The good thing is the price of concrete has dropped alot, at least around here when they basically quit fracking.
It was around $800 a yard a couple of years ago.

My advice is get a very good concrete guy and go at least 8 inch deep. I like either red Iron or Cold Steel. I have a red iron 30x45x18 and it’s too small. I don’t like these metal buildings that you see with weak interior walls. There was a tornado by me in upstate NY. A tree from a neighbor hit the building. The outer steel was damaged and no damage to the red steel. A few panels were replaced. No big deal. Budget electric heat plumbing and odds and ends. Do not sell yourself short on the concrete.

Call this company. He does Cold Steel and Red Iron. Red Iron is more money.
Look at the Cold Steel they use.
Ask for Paul

I got two quotes a few weeks ago on a 30x30 six inch deep for 10-11k. Another guy quoted me for the same concrete 18k. But the size he wants at 50x50 he should go 8 inches deep. And if I were doing this today go 14 H feet doors for heavy equipment.

According to HomeAdvisor, the average cost to build a 50x50 garage in Nashville is $40,000. This includes the cost of materials, labor, and permits. However, there are a number of factors that can affect the final cost, such as the type of materials you use, ps:you can find them at https://www.tradebearings.com , the complexity of the design, and the location of the garage.

Last edited:
Also be sure based on local restrictions you can put up what you want…!! I am sure if you are CT that was probably one of your first thoughts. I know here in MA there are more dont’s and cant’s than do’s……Hopefully TN is much more user friendly. Best of luck sounds like you have a lot to look forward to…!!! Swingn’

40x60 in upstate South Carolina just built 5 months ago, pole barn building cost 74k and it took them 3 months day one to finished. With site work, gravel, power, water, lights I am just north of 100k. Still need to pull 220 power to welders and finish work benches. Be careful how you chose I was going red iron and that is a better building, but I am up on a mountain and built behind my house. eve enclosement and anchor bolts on red iron cost extra, this ran the red iron building up to 135-150K and that depended on the truck driver being able to make 1 delivery attempt. beyond that it was extra. I did not like the open ended contract type deal. Red iron for me was 3 contractors the building, the concrete and the erector. The prices I was getting for 1 contractor to do it all was over 150k. The pole barn was one call, down payment, and they built it. I used Peake Construction, not sure if they build in Tn or not but my kit came from Tn. One big flat bed truck with the entire building on it! Either way it was not cheap but it is nice to have a big dry shop.

8" concrete floors? Wow. Unless you are planning on doing heavy construction equipment maintenance, around here 6" is pretty much the norm.

Add a bathroom... you'll be glad you did! I put in a bathroom with a shower, washer & dryer. Shower comes in handy occasionally if you have a super dirty or oily job you're working on & washer & dryer to wash all your dirty clothes in so you're not getting the wife's appliances greasy grimey!

The good thing is the price of concrete has dropped alot, at least around here when they basically quit fracking.
It was around $800 a yard a couple of years ago.
Wow Concrete is 180.00 bucks a yard here and i was bitchin about that .

-
Back