Need Some Advise

-
Ok if i put a 8 3/4 under how would i get it to hook up, what is the largest 15 in tire i could fit under it with stock wheel wells?

Ok if i put a 8 3/4 under how would i get it to hook up, what is the largest 15 in tire i could fit under it with stock wheel wells?
Learn how to launch it with a stick. You don't need big tires to get a car to hook up. My wifes brother has a 1080 hp blown aluminum Hemi in a '69 Charger R/T with a Jericho 4-speed, leaf springs and 10 inch tires. He learned to hook it up just fine. Actually the first time he dumped the clutch it hooked up well enough to crush the spring perches and spin the Dana around backwards.

Get a flashlight and a mirror; look at the block, on the passenger side, just behind the mount- the month, day, and year will be cast there.

With that console in there won't the seats have to be 66 A-body stuff. I thought some one posted here or on another early site that to run that console you would have to run the narrower seats which from my understanding would be from a 66 model a-body. No?

Which by the way I would like to do that someday maybe. I like the console look, even though it wouldn't be period correct as some would say.

The largest wheel Mopar put in the wheel wells of the old ones was 14 x 5.5. I know that a 205/70-14 will fit without problems. I've seen old A-bodys with SBP Rallye wheels on them so I know the backspacing on them is acceptable.

Using the 205/70-14 size as a target for height and width, you could for sure get a 205/60-15 under the wheelwell and possibly a 215/60-15.

The newer A-body tends to top out a a 235/60-15 in front and 245/60-15 in rear. This is on a 7 inch rim with stock backspacing.:snakeman:

I can race with 235/70/15 on a 7 inch steel rim if I have to. That is with a B-body rear, using the stock spring hangers, and I think it is a 4 inch backspace. Skinnys up front on a 4 inch rim. Hooks fine with the tall 70 series.
Moparlee, do you drive that spool on the street?

if the car is solid,,its worth the price,,,
now that it has a 340 in it,if it is a 340,,you just a head of the game,,
that console is a 1966 and up style,that shifter arm is a 1967 to 1969 style,,highly sought after,,i dont think any one is repoping those arms yet,,

so you have the best cuda body style in my opinion,solid car ? 340 4 speed whats ther to think about ???

it is deffinitly not a formula S car,,if it was there would be a S emblem on the fender not the V8 emblem,, it would have a tach mounted in the dash on the passenger side,and a front sway bar,,and 14 inch rims and hub caps.

if the tranny is orignal to that car it wil have a 4 bolt flange on the tail shaft mounting the drive shaft in stead of a slip yoke,,if the trany is from the later donor car it wil have the standard slip yoke drive shaft,,if its a 4 bolt flange tranny it wil have a 3.09 first gear,,,looks good to me if i was in the market,,ide jump on it,,,but it cant hurt to bargain,,,good luck let us know

ok thanks for all the help guys, i am gonna go and check this car out alot better now that i know what to look for. i will let you guys know how it goes. thanks again for all the help.

-
Back