Need tips for launching.

-
Do not lower the tire pressure too much. When you try to launch with the pressure too low, the carcass of the tire will cup upward in the center of the tread, at the contact patch. You will have a "hollow" spot at the contact patch, where the tread won't be touching the track.

Forget about ET until you can afford tires.
Concentrate on MPH. Let that number console you.
Check the Mph to minimum ET( with full race suspension) chart. It will indicate what might be possible. Compare that to what your car did. Calculate the cost to achieve the difference. Make a decision as to whether or not it's worth it to you to chase that ethereal target. A few thousands might get you 50% of the diff. After that it gets really expensive.
I was happy to see 93MPH(1/8th) on my slip.
The street suspension could only muster ; 2.1 60ft. and 7.92 et.
I'm happy knowing that the car has the potential to be waaay quicker.
But to me it's not worth spending thousands and thousands to make it so.
I'm a streeter.

In answer to your question tho, baby it out. If you have a vac-secondary, slow it down. Vary your launch-technique little by little. When mph tops out, park it.

Well... it was definitely a fun night and something I'd like to do again in the summer.
My transmission is doing really weird stuff but I started a thread in the transmission section for that:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1971029988#post1971029988

My first run, tranny slipping badly, was 17.8
Second run 16.6
Third run, 15.8
Best reaction time was 0.125"

I'm hooked!

Thanks again for all of your advice.

Anyway, here's a picture of my girl on the track:

Attachments

• 12188088_926381054078348_516111568610782612_o.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 107
Well... it was definitely a fun night and something I'd like to do again in the summer.
My transmission is doing really weird stuff but I started a thread in the transmission section for that:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1971029988#post1971029988

My first run, tranny slipping badly, was 17.8
Second run 16.6
Third run, 15.8
Best reaction time was 0.125"

I'm hooked!

Thanks again for all of your advice.

Anyway, here's a picture of my girl on the track:

At the rate you are going if you would have took 5 more passes you would have been down to about a 10. 8 !! lol. I'm glad you had fun, that's the point!!

-
Back