NEW 2015 Challenger

-
this is place for opinions, and just like you know everyone has a ----------..
from what little I know, IF I was in market for a new one, which YOU are right I can't afford one and if I could ,,,, WOULDN'T buy a new one. I would buy a mustang.....
I say it ugly to the bone.....
but then again I like the old ones.... and NOTt the almight E body either..... just me....
:burnout:
I like the challenger. they ruined the charger, I think it was kick ***. we had one for a week, and I loved it. we had a ford fusion a couple of weeks later, I liked it too, untill I drove one for a week, it sucked compared to the charger. ( WIFE WORKS FOR AVIS RENT A CAR) We`ve driven quite a few new-diff. cars, as my wife works for avis, and gets three weeks free rental every year.-----hyunda sonata is a nice little car too! just fyi-bob

There is too much non mopar talk in this thread. <-- joking, sort of

To the new Charger, bleck. It's was never meant to be a four door.

To the new Challenger, TAKE MY MONEY!!!...if I had any.

Penta - I KNOW!!!!! I would prefer it over the Challenger at this point. Maybe a rendition of the 67-72 years.

Some of you people that complain either could never afford or never would buy a new car.
Its like the fat ugly guy that talks trash about the beautiful woman that would never date him.

Complainers: Have you ever driven a new Challenger? Have you ever rode as a passenger? The gripes about weight and size are often from people that had no intention of buying one no matter what.
The Charger 4 door is a reality that has been so for almost 10 years. Your complaining about it will not result in a 2 door option. Why? It is a product of what the M A R K E T wanted.

Bla bla bla. That's all the challenger so called lovers can come up with. Oh you probably can't afford one or never driven one. Come up with something different already.

Yes I drove a srt 6speed 13 hours to a friends place for him. And I could easily afford to buy one if I wanted to. Like I have stated in the past it's a nice road car. Handled well and stopped well. But it's still too bloated and flat looking at the same for me. Int looked too much like a charger or magnum. It should have been different. The new int is mostly ugly to me. Still don't see enough open storage for a nice road car for me.

As far as the ugly *** charger goes. Yea I don't like it being a 4 door. I don't care about any market bullshit. I just don't like it and the new one looks like it's going to take ugly to a whole new level.

Not sure why guys get their panties is such a bunch because someone doesn't like what fiat slaps a dodge emblem on and is selling. If you have one and like it that's cool. It's your money and I'm glad you like what you spent your money on. But dont try to convince me to like something that I think is ugly and underperforming.

I love it! Its sad, I couldn't afford one back in the day and now, I still can't afford one. I am spending all my money on my 71 Duster Project!

I like the new Challengers....I liked the Challenger when they brought it back out....The old Challengers were big and heavy back in the day....I know I owned one in college (A 1970 version) wish I would've never got rid of it. At least they kept the resemblance to the older ones and not make a new car an stick the name plate on i.e the Dart....Or like that second gen abomination Challenger of the late 70's early 80's....lol......As far as the new Mustang they look nice but from the side they look like a Honda Accord.....From what I've read they only about 500-600 pounds lighter than the Challenger....The good thing is they are cheaper than what Dodge/Fiat offers, but when was Mopar products ever cheaper? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the situation...

It died with the Plymouth name in 2001. Where were you?

the mustangs are too small inside for me to get comfortable in. both my daughters have them, one an 06 gt, the other is a 2012 some thing or other, which is faster than the 06, but still uncomfortable to me. haven`t been in the challengers, would probably buy a new dodge pick up first. if they start offering the 6.2 in a half ton, short wide, I may have to have one! the dodges are certainly better looking than the other 3 big ones. my 02 quad cab has been an excellant vehicle, batteries-tires, and front wheel bearings(piece of cake to change!) 150,000 miles.

The old Challengers were big and heavy back in the day....I know I owned one in college (A 1970 version) wish I would've never got rid of it.

not as heavy as ya think. weigh that 70 challenger say with a small block and compare it to say a 73 small block duster. i think you would be surprised.

not as heavy as ya think. weigh that 70 challenger say with a small block and compare it to say a 73 small block duster. i think you would be surprised.

I looked and couldn't find a comparison between the two....The one I had had a 383 in it so I could only go off of it being a big block car....Do you know the difference in weight? I would like to know....With the new Chally's with all the safety features and "creature comforts" then I can see why it's heavy, actually any car as a matter of fact......I only see cars being "light" when all those things are removed BUT then you get into "race car" status and sells of said vehicles would go down greatly or not at all.....

But dont try to convince me to like something that I think is ugly and underperforming.
186 mph top speed is anything but underperforming. Try that in a Mustang Gt500 or Camaro SS. Mustang starts floating around 140 and the Camaro, well, its a Camaro.

I looked and couldn't find a comparison between the two....The one I had had a 383 in it so I could only go off of it being a big block car....Do you know the difference in weight? I would like to know....With the new Chally's with all the safety features and "creature comforts" then I can see why it's heavy, actually any car as a matter of fact......I only see cars being "light" when all those things are removed BUT then you get into "race car" status and sells of said vehicles would go down greatly or not at all.....

dustergirl340 on moparts claims her 340 73 duster weighs in at around 3400 pounds. real close to her husbands 72 or 73 340 challenger

186 mph top speed is anything but underperforming. Try that in a Mustang Gt500 or Camaro SS. Mustang starts floating around 140 and the Camaro, well, its a Camaro.

didn't the shelby mustang go like 199 mph or so? pretty sure it was bone stock too.. i remember seeing an article and video about it.

yes the challenger is under performing compared tot eh camaro and stang. just a fact.

More horsepower, nicer interior, no crazy styling changes. I like heavy, roomy cars.

For the same money (or less) I bet I would enjoy owning a well-preserved C-body a lot more.

Actually that question goes out to everyone that don't like the Challenger....When I look at the Mustang it doesn't look anything like the old one....The Camaro either....Remember the Challenger only had a 4 year run and that was it....

When I look at the Mustang it doesn't look anything like the old one.

the first 4 or so years it looked like older ones. its moved away from the retro look because its run its course and its time to move on. the camaro i don't think was ever intended to look completely retro but it does have some styling cues from the past ones..

Ok cool....I never knew that....So abodyjoe if you could design the Challenger how would you make it?

it would be built on its own platform so it didn't have to be so tall and flat. i would have put a straight axle in it too until they figured out how to get it not to hop and break half shafts. in all it would have been a bit smaller and lighter. the interior wouldn't have been standard charger/magnum interior. the dash would have looked more like the ebody rally dash but modernized. theres lots that could have been done. and it needed to be faster a lot faster. but when the retro mustang came out and they were selling them right off the truck chrysler was still saying retro is dead and bringing up the rear as usual.

even with those changes i wouldn't have bought one because 1) you would have to seal with a chrysler dealership and 2) you would have to deal with the service dept of a chrysler dealership when something went wrong and again when you brought it back because it wasn't fixed right the first time..

to me the challenger body has run its course and is plain out of date now. well over due for a major change.

Actually that question goes out to everyone that don't like the Challenger....When I look at the Mustang it doesn't look anything like the old one....The Camaro either....Remember the Challenger only had a 4 year run and that was it....

It was actually 5 years.

It was actually 5 years.

don't forget these challengers..:)

1980_dodge_challenger-pic-2458529462898497717.jpeg

oh i forgot about one major thing in my reply about how i would build a new challenger. i'd offer a damn ragtop. what the hell is wrong with chrysler and fiat? that car needs to be built as a ragtop also...

-
Back