NEW 2015 Challenger

-
Some of you people that complain either could never afford or never would buy a new car.
Its like the fat ugly guy that talks trash about the beautiful woman that would never date him.

Complainers: Have you ever driven a new Challenger? Have you ever rode as a passenger? The gripes about weight and size are often from people that had no intention of buying one no matter what.
The Charger 4 door is a reality that has been so for almost 10 years. Your complaining about it will not result in a 2 door option. Why? It is a product of what the M A R K E T wanted.

I wanted to buy one...but instead, I bought an '11 Mustang GT that was a quarter ton lighter and much, much faster.

I posted up my impressions after my road trip in a rented Hemi Orange 2013 Challenger R/T and I really loved that car. Fast, smooth, solid and damn good looking. The only thing that is keeping me from ownign one is the size/weight. I'm keeping a close eye out for what a future platform might bring since the car is just so close to perfect, IMO.

The thing is that the Challenger and Charger are on the only platform they could provide, left over from the DCX days...the budget for a whole new platform was just not in the cards. I am certain that if they had a clean slate at any point in the past 5-6 years, both cars would be significantly lighter.

I've driven both the latest mustangs and the 2013 challengers a lot (over 1000 miles on both) The mustang was more fun to toss around in the hills in California but the challenger was a better highway car.

Honestly though, The Challenger needs a new look and not some makeup. I know there is no budget and they need a clean slate chassis but it's really time if they want to stay competitive in the pony car game.

I personally liked the new Challengers from the beginning. Nice looking car with the retro look. Like everybody else, I wished the car was 500 lbs lighter. I think if Dodge had 500 lbs less of material in that car, they could sell it a grand or two less. This would bring the pricing closer to the other pony cars and the performance would be enhanced as well..... But it would NEVER stop me from buying one...

But for all the whiners..... At least you have a rear wheel drive, V8, two door Dodge as an option. Remember when GM offer the Camaro and Firebird as V8 rear wheel cars, and Ford had the Mustang and T-bird as rear wheel V8 cars, but we had the 4cyl front wheel drive cars????? With rubber band motors???? And no chance for a good sounding dual exhaust??? We dreamed for 25 yrs of having a rear wheel V8 car, and now that we have one, a good looking one might I remind you, what is our response.?.? "I don't WANT that one, mommy (as the tears blend with the snot in our nose)"...... lol

Well, at least they are making the car....for the last 5-6 years now! So, how long can they add bells and whistles, tape and stripes to this getting old platform? All these years and still no Drop top. That in itself is a disappointment. The car is..or was fantastic (yawner now). What's next I say, get that new motor they are developing into a new lighter platform and make a Drop top while your at it. Don't get me wrong I am glad they made the car and it looks great but it is all getting a little looooong in the tooth the idea is being stretched about as long as it can go.
If you attend a car show there are so many out there they look like jellybeans, just different colors and stripes, hell I cant tell one year from another!

At least you have a rear wheel drive, V8, two door Dodge as an option.

and thats exactly how chrysler wanted all the sheeple to think. congrats. i'm not satisfied with just a rwd v-8 2door if its an inferior product.

and thats exactly how chrysler wanted all the sheeple to think. congrats. i'm not satisfied with just a rwd v-8 2door if its an inferior product.
AbodyJoe, this is America. If ya don't like it, don't buy it! Nobody is trying to change your mind. Because somebody likes them, doesn't mean they are sheep. I think its a great car! But, you can see your local Dodge dealer, they will be happy to sell you the new Dart, or Mini Van! Or buy a new Camaro, or Mustang, nobody here is going to cry.... :)

"Behind the wheel, gauges reminiscent of the 1967-69 Barracuda greet the driver (designer Dan Zimmerman happily confirmed the inspiration). The well-designed instrument panel works nicely, and the retro theme carries over to the gauge graphics on the 7-inch gauge cluster and 8-inch touch screen."

Allpar

Above is quoted from the Allpar article today. The designer acknowledged the 67-69 Barracuda dash inspiration. So I guess in a few years we'll be taking the dash panels out of wrecked 15 Challengers and fitting them to 67-69 cudas.

AbodyJoe, this is America. If ya don't like it, don't buy it! Nobody is trying to change your mind. Because somebody likes them, doesn't mean they are sheep. I think its a great car! But, you can see your local Dodge dealer, they will be happy to sell you the new Dart, or Mini Van! Or buy a new Camaro, or Mustang, nobody here is going to cry.... :)

like i said. chrysler played it perfectly. give the chrysler enthusiast nothing for many many years then come out with an inferior product and the enthusiast will be so happy for a rwd v-8 car that they will look over all the shortcomings and claim to be happy. they snagged guys like you hook line and sinker. but hey its not my money so if you want to buy one go ahead.

and seriously, wht would i go to a dodge dealer to buy a camaro or mustang?? :)

like i said. chrysler played it perfectly. give the chrysler enthusiast nothing for many many years then come out with an inferior product and the enthusiast will be so happy for a rwd v-8 car that they will look over all the shortcomings and claim to be happy. they snagged guys like you hook line and sinker. but hey its not my money so if you want to buy one go ahead.

and seriously, wht would i go to a dodge dealer to buy a camaro or mustang?? :)
Dodge dealer for a new Dart or mini van, I did not say go there to buy the Camaro or Stang. Anyways, I think the Challenger is better looking than both the Camaro and the 'Stang. I watched a brand new SS Camaro auto run at our dragstrip and it turned a 14.00 flat at 100 mph. No wheel spin either. So the E.T. was true, and I don't see how the Challenger R/T is inferior to that. So, if it isn't inferior in looks, 1/4 mile times, gas mileage, or interior room, then what??? 2k in pricing?? Anyways, kind of a pointless argument. Either ya like 'em or ya don't

Dodge dealer for a new Dart or mini van, I did not say go there to buy the Camaro or Stang. Anyways, I think the Challenger is better looking than both the Camaro and the 'Stang. I watched a brand new SS Camaro auto run at our dragstrip and it turned a 14.00 flat at 100 mph. No wheel spin either. So the E.T. was true, and I don't see how the Challenger R/T is inferior to that. So, if it isn't inferior in looks, 1/4 mile times, gas mileage, or interior room, then what??? 2k in pricing?? Anyways, kind of a pointless argument. Either ya like 'em or ya don't

many ways. looks big time, performance, weight, quality, no rag top...etc..etc..etc. i've seen hemi cars go 14.5 in the quarter, have seen a srt challenger not get into the 13's. have also seen a basically stock standard r/t chally go low 13's, have seen stock mustangs go 12's. hell i've seen video and time slips of a v-6 mustang in the 13's and it was damn close to stock. i don't know what you saw in that camaro nor do i care because any number of things could have made it slow.. in my eyes the challenger is inferior just about every way imaginable. well maybe it has the most trunk space.. :)

in 1965 I was pissed cause I couldn't afford a new mustang.so in 05 bought one cause I could.now a 13 rt 6 speed.spent 30 years rescuing a&b bodys from junk yards only way to get what I wanted.thanks ford and fiat for new oppurtinitys

in 1965 I was pissed cause I couldn't afford a new mustang.so in 05 bought one cause I could.now a 13 rt 6 speed.spent 30 years rescuing a&b bodys from junk yards only way to get what I wanted.thanks ford and fiat for new oppurtinitys

I think I got most of that.

I love the car and believe it is slowly evolving into a really nice, well rounded car. We can just be grateful that Dodge and Chrysler are still with us.

Dodge and Chrysler is still with us? Only thing still with us is a stick on name. The rest is fiat.

I am simply saying that it is refreshing to see a challenger among the bowties and blue ovals. Fiat is taking the brands in a better direction than Daimler ever could have.

Why is it that EVERY thread about a new Dart, Charger, Ram, or Challenger turn into a giant pissing match? Getting old listening to all the whining and b!tch!ng about how much new Mopars suck, too heavy, too pricy..... Wa wa wa waaaaaa, get over it. And the new Challenger is not a damn fiat, still the same car it started out as.

Feel bad for the OP, he started a thread cause he was excited about the new car and all people can do is rip on it. It's a damn nice car and I would buy it over a Ferd Buttstain ANY DAY!

Sorry, rant over.

Dodge and Chrysler is still with us? Only thing still with us is a stick on name. The rest is fiat.

So is the local Dodge dealership lying to us? I don't see a Fiat sign on the building, let alone a "Fiat" on their lot. What makes a new Ram, 300, or Challenger a Fiat? Are there Fiat parts on them? No. Big deal, Fiat bought Chrysler Corporation.....maybe the company will be around a little longer or get better? Who knows, but I hope they are around for many years, even if Chrysler and Fiat are together. I don't ever remember this many people complain when Mercedes bought Chrysler, why the uproar now?

Sorry I strayed from the OP's topic.

-
Back