new dodge boys

-

silverex

Reaction score
Hi evereone

spring 2011, I had discover this forum for a while and I was surfing on the car for sales... a swinger was on sale in ottawa Can, les then 3 hour drive for me , I end up buying it, it was the swinger 72 on SWEST member here.

I always wanted to have a dart, my father in spring 69 just buy a new gts 383, he run at the local drag strip in f/p ure stock running mid 14s with open exhaust ,he told me lots of storie about this rare car.later in the mid 80s he buy a 70 340 auto,painted it red like is 69, I was hooked on dart !!

I past lot of time on the dragstrip with my father as a kids,until i drive one of the drag car ( chevy camaro). around the age of 20 the racing bug was still in me, I started doing track days with a honda, my father have sold the 70 340 and the camaro bracket car was in storage after 15 years of doing 1/4 mile pass.

I started working with friends that do Rally here in canada, this was my passtime during the next 10+ years, as a former bodymen,I ended up being a mechanic, as a team ,we become multiple time canadian and north american champion. I finnaly gave up 2 years ago, it was enough for me of travelling canada and USA up and down and having a full time job and preparing the rally car each night. I learn my mechanical skill there.

the timing was good now for having a old car, but one days I dream of having a 69 383 with 727 red gts with white top as my father have

the car
DSCF0491.jpg

I am the second one from left
AHP_STPR07301.jpg

I worked with these guys

http://www.libraracing.com/

my friend
http://www.antoinelestage.com/

I will made a post on the project section
Phil

Welcome to FABO!I remember seeing the car for sale(72 Dart)Post some pics of the car,it will refresh some members memories.Glad to have you with us!

I don't think I ever saw your Dart in Ottawa, It must of been tucked away good.Good for you. Welcome!

-
Back