New format

-
Whether we like it or not, we're stuck with it. Did we REALLY have to make this massive change? I understand improvements, but it seems like literally everything changed. I never have liked change for the sake of change.

Come on guys, this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I’m being serious.

Whether we like it or not, we're stuck with it. Did we REALLY have to make this massive change? I understand improvements, but it seems like literally everything changed. I never have liked change for the sake of change.

Software doesn't work like that. It gets supported for a certain period of time, and when the company releases new software at some point it stops supporting the old stuff. Any large presence on the internet is a beacon for hackers, bots, etc, if your software's security isn't being updated and patched against the latest viruses a forum like this would turn into a bot network really quick.

My guess is that Joey would have loved to keep the old software and continue to update it without switching completely to whatever new version this is. But at some point you have to let the old software go because it's obsolete. Your options are to upgrade to new software or get held hostage by bots and ransomware.

Software doesn't work like that. It gets supported for a certain period of time, and when the company releases new software at some point it stops supporting the old stuff. Any large presence on the internet is a beacon for hackers, bots, etc, if your software's security isn't being updated and patched against the latest viruses a forum like this would turn into a bot network really quick.

My guess is that Joey would have loved to keep the old software and continue to update it without switching completely to whatever new version this is. But at some point you have to let the old software go because it's obsolete. Your options are to upgrade to new software or get held hostage by bots and ransomware.
Grrrrr... but thanks for explaining. When I reply to a message and type a message I can see it clearly to read through everyone else's it's like micro print.... and the main reason I joined this place is to read the knowledge that Y'all share

Maybe its like my puter now telling me, in Jan. it will no longer support Windows 8.. That is how far behind I AM!!!! Where's the darn SMILEY FACE!??

Grrrrr... but thanks for explaining. When I reply to a message and type a message I can see it clearly to read through everyone else's it's like micro print.... and the main reason I joined this place is to read the knowledge that Y'all share

Here is a pretty good "work-a-round" for the android phones to help enlarge the fonts/text of the overall Abody web site (helps with craigslist text too.)

Open Abodiesonly.com web site>
Go to 3 dots upper right corner >
(firefox web browser)

Scroll down to Settings>
Scroll down to Accessibility >
Unchech "Auto Font Size" >

Set "Font Size" from 100% to 110%.

For those that want it larger set it to 120 or 125%. The bigger you go the more scrolling Down you have to do to get to the info on the pages.

Here are some before at 100%

Screenshot_20220927-102934_Firefox.jpg

And after at 125%

Screenshot_20220927-102826_Firefox.jpg

_________

I like the 110% myself for all around use.

At 110% >
Screenshot_20220927-102412_Firefox.jpg

At 100% >
Screenshot_20220927-102412_Firefox.jpg

Should be able to do this with google Chrome for the androids too if you look it up.

Last edited:
Maybe its like my puter now telling me, in Jan. it will no longer support Windows 8.. That is how far behind I AM!!!! Where's the darn SMILEY FACE?
On your phone? Click on the 3 vertical dots in the center of your message screen. They are under the smiley face.
1664295000394.png

Here is a pretty good "work-a-round" for the android phones to help enlarge the fonts/text of the overall Abody web site (helps with craigslist text too.)

Open Abodiesonly.com web site>
Go to 3 dots upper right corner >
(firefox web browser)

Scroll down to Settings>
Scroll down to Accessibility >
Unchech "Auto Font Size" >

Set "Font Size" from 100% to 110%.

For those that want it larger set it to 120 or 125%. The bigger you go the more scrolling Down you have to do to get to the info on the pages.

Here are some before at 100%

View attachment 1715991159

And after at 125%

View attachment 1715991160

_________

I like the 110% myself for all around use.

At 110% >
View attachment 1715991161

At 100% >
View attachment 1715991162

Should be able to do this with google Chrome for the androids too if you look it up.

@Joeychgo check out ^^^ this post.

People are working to enlarge the text on the site.

More options on your end? Seems to be the issue on the phones.

Laptops and Desktop browsers are looking good.

Thanx

Exactly and well put.

Changing the header to "A Bodies" would be good. Now I think I have B Bodies opened up twice.
That's you. Nowhere does it say that on the site. Clear your cookies/internet history.

@Joeychgo check out ^^^ this post.

People are working to enlarge the text on the site.

More options on your end? Seems to be the issue on the phones.

Laptops and Desktop browsers are looking good.

Thanx

First, I already increased it.

Second, there is only so much I can do before I start to screw people who don't need it enlarged. Remember, the bigger the text the more scrolling people have to do. Trust me, I would love to as I have to wear readers myself.

I’m going to say it’s almost back to normal for me now that I know how to get around. I love how easy it is to post pictures for tech post on this site. Other sites have chased tech posts away because of how hard it is to post pictures. Great job.

-
Back