New format

-
First, I already increased it.

Second, there is only so much I can do before I start to screw people who don't need it enlarged. Remember, the bigger the text the more scrolling people have to do. Trust me, I would love to as I have to wear readers myself.
Thanx

Here is a pretty good "work-a-round" for the android phones to help enlarge the fonts/text of the overall Abody web site (helps with craigslist text too.)

Open Abodiesonly.com web site>
Go to 3 dots upper right corner >
(firefox web browser)

Scroll down to Settings>
Scroll down to Accessibility >
Unchech "Auto Font Size" >

Set "Font Size" from 100% to 110%.

For those that want it larger set it to 120 or 125%. The bigger you go the more scrolling Down you have to do to get to the info on the pages.

Here are some before at 100%

View attachment 1715991159

And after at 125%

View attachment 1715991160

_________

I like the 110% myself for all around use.

At 110% >
View attachment 1715991161

At 100% >
View attachment 1715991162

Should be able to do this with google Chrome for the androids too if you look it up.
Thanks Man, I'll give it a shot!

Don't like it.
Don't know why it had to change.
I must have missed the heads up message describing a change.
I tried a dozen times to get used to it. Font sucks, and everything is crammed in my cell phone screen.
I won't be on it like I used to.
Bye.
Joe

Don't like it.
I tried a dozen times to get used to it. Font sucks, and everything is crammed in my cell phone screen.
Bye.
Joe

Hey Joey4speed, if you have access to a Laptop or Desktop computer, it displays and functions real well on those. The new layout with the cell phones is taking some getting used to, much easier to navigate on with the computers.

Good Luck

I'm not sure I like the logged on 24 7 function. Where is the log off button?
Uncheck the yellow "Stay Logged In" box after you type in your password, and log off through your User Name when you are done with your viewing session (instead of just X-ing out of the page, take the extra step and log off. More secure this way.)

1664396495242.png

Don't like it.
Bye.
Joe
The browser on you phone should have an option to override website fonts if you don't like it, not sure what phone you're using.

And there should be options to magnify the website through your browser as well.

As far as why it had to change, software gets updated. New versions come out. The old versions are no longer supported by the company, which means you are hacker bait in a short period of time without upgrades to avoid new viruses. Upgrade or become ransomware fodder.

Hey Joey4speed, if you have access to a Laptop or Desktop computer, it displays and functions real well on those. The new layout with the cell phones is taking some getting used to, much easier to navigate on with the computers.

Good Luck
I found that changing the color scheme to "Blue" made it easier for me to see my site on my phone. Also ... getting used to turning sideways to see certain functions (top page number)

Uncheck the yellow "Stay Logged In" box after you type in your password, and log off through your User Name when you are done with your viewing session (instead of just X-ing out of the page, take the extra step and log off. More secure this way.)

View attachment 1715991548
I did find a way off of the HELP page, but your route is much simpler. :thumbsup:

I don't do anything with a cell phone, smart phone, only laptop, and desktop computers, so i ain't got a clew what the majority of you guys are talking about, asking about.
I did loose my signature picture, when the upgrade went into affect, and it took me forever to re learn how to get the picture to show up again, off the picture hosting site.
But i guess i figured it out, as the Phantom is back.
And my color background changed, when the upgrade started.
Never realized that there is a icon at the bottom left corner of the page, to set your preference color.
I don't scroll that far down on the page, to pay any attention.
Now i'm back to blue again.
After all this, I'm a happy camper, again.
Just hope i don't hafta do it again, in the years ahead, as I'm gonna forget all over again, in my old age.

Last edited:
At 66 years old I don’t really like a lot of changes but I give things a chance. This year I switched from my old whitey tightie underwear to black ones that feel like silk. I still have my old underwear in a bag in my closet but I wouldn’t get caught dead in them now.
You'll appreciate the black ones the first time you **** yourself:rofl:

Software doesn't work like that. It gets supported for a certain period of time, and when the company releases new software at some point it stops supporting the old stuff. Any large presence on the internet is a beacon for hackers, bots, etc, if your software's security isn't being updated and patched against the latest viruses a forum like this would turn into a bot network really quick.

My guess is that Joey would have loved to keep the old software and continue to update it without switching completely to whatever new version this is. But at some point you have to let the old software go because it's obsolete. Your options are to upgrade to new software or get held hostage by bots and ransomware.
Yeah, I had to get rid of my 8088 Vendex

I have a newer laptop, 2 years old, that I seldom use. My cell phone is a Samsung S21+, less than a year old. I'm on the go, so it is convenient.
Thanks for offering some tips and solace.
I'm just really tired of getting changes shoved up my *** in general, and it's not okay.
It would have been nice to have a heads up knowing it was coming.
Gold membership?
Haha.

Joey - here's an example of a Samsung phone screenshot. I circled the large header that has been mentioned takes too much room. It's a significant part of the whole screen. If we want info on the member who posted, the previous system just had you click on the members name.

The pic also (hopefully) shows why folks have noted its hard to decipher who said what. The place where the member at the bottom begins has little/no differentiation from the previous member's posting..

Hopefully this is helpful and could be addressed. Thx!

Lumii_20220929_083230834.jpg

I love it. Congrats on being current. IF I could get rid of Windows 8 and the flip phone...... probably won't happen, as I like cheesey grits, Spam, boiled peanuts and I once loved a Ford.

-
Back