New forum group, Nor-Cal Mopars

-
We are skipping Jimmy's Old Car Picnic in Golden Gate Park on the 19th and going to the Reid Hillview show instead. Just a change of pace this year.

Rumor has it that the show will move to DeAnza College in Cupertino next year.

Last I heard that is out (as are/were all the other junior colleges in the area). I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks, though.

Who's going to the Reid HillView Airport Carshow? I am finally going to make it to my first car show! (other than the goodguys stuff in pleasanton, its all chevies so you have to find and pick out the occasional ford or mopar).

I was thinking of going, but I have a relative staying over. He may have his own gig on Saturday, though, in which case I'll sneak out.

What's the deal with this Reid hillview carshow? Never heard of it and I can't seem to find any info on it online. Is it on the 19th in San Jose?

MVH mentioned it

"San Jose car show coming up

Free Car Show held at Reid Hillview Airport, San Jose!

When: Saturday, October 19th

Time: 10am - 3pm

Set up Time: 8:00am - 9:30

This is a cut-and-paste from their email... This is all I know about it.

I would like to invite you to bring your car to a Free Car Show on Saturday, October 19th at Reid Hillview Airport in San Jose. We've combined this free car show for you with the Reid Hillview Association's annual Open House to give you a chance to preview the grounds which we are considering for 2014 Hot San Jose Nights.

You will be displaying your car inside the airport grounds (see map below) right next to the airplanes and warbirds on display. Tents, chairs, & coolers are okay to bring. Simply RSVP with a simple email back to me including your name and type of car to [email protected].

This free car show is combining with 3 charities: Take Flight (sposnosred by Valley Medical Center Foundation), Reid Hillview Airport Association (sponsored by RHAA), & Young Eagles (YE Association). I have been told by Dean McCully from Take Flight this event draws thousands of people. All cars will be in a secure area inside of the airport grounds for the public to view. There will be food trucks, over 100 exhibits, & great live music from the Bi-Polar Bears and the Pearl Alley Band. This free event is especially great for your kids and grandkids. It is a family oriented event with lots of things to see and do. For more information about the entire event go to www.TakeFlightForKids.com
"

And it was alright. The mustangs were nice, all four. I didn't see any early A's. An early Polara, 70's duster, a 440 charger, maybe two other mopars. I didn't count the chevies, not that many either. More airplanes than cars, and it being three festivals in one, I spent at the random booths too. Overall it was pretty small.

It was a nice turn out for Jimmys Old Car Picnic. Good showing of Mopars too.But like most car shows it was 80% Chevys

Attachments

• Jimmys picnic.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 184
It was a nice turn out for Jimmys Old Car Picnic. Good showing of Mopars too.But like most car shows it was 80% Chevys

Damn, sorry I missed seeing your Duster in person Fuji. I just got back from Houston Texas.
Beautiful looking car, should have kept my '72 Duster

This is a big show; with good weather it is bigger than the Fremont show, and it has a swap. I was planning to go when I was thinking my car would be done, but it's a loooong way from that. It's actually more apart than in the last pix I shared -- they were just fitting the quarters and the trunk floor -- they took them off to paint.

I did pick out my color, though. Latest photo set shows swatches and the current state of disassembly. We also decided to pull the motor so as to do the engine compartment right. So I'm going to fetch it home and detail it out -- it'll give me something to do for the next few months.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mvheim/sets/72157636594346654/with/10297119876/"]At Gilbert's, Paint Swatches - a set on Flickr[/ame]

Going to look good max! To be honest I thought they would have almost been done by now but I understand how good shops get backlogged. At least they are doing it right and that can't be rushed.

Damn, sorry I missed seeing your Duster in person Fuji. I just got back from Houston Texas.
Beautiful looking car, should have kept my '72 Duster

Hi Guy yeah i was hoping you and tach would of been there. Saw alot of cool mopars there. Chatted with Joanne who has a super nice Convertable 383 GTS Dart. Would of been cool to see Tach and your conv. all lined up.

Hey Fuji, if it's the Joanne I thinking of from the Pacifica area that car is actually a slant six LOL
Soon to be a V8 car

Yes Fuji, that be her
That car is a mix of parts that look like they came from a '67 such as the seats and door panels etc. Don't get me wrong the outside looks good and it is a four speed car, just taking here a very long time to get a V8 in there.

I think the whole car (Joanne's) may be a 67...I didn't take a close look at the dash, but those are my recollections with the rest of the 67 parts in there.

Its the first time I saw Joanne's Conv. Dart most the time she bring out her Superbird. Like you said Guy the outside of the car looks good.

Jim, I didnt get a close look at the inside of the interior either. Joanne was asking a buddy of mine about a Motorcycle he was trying to sell that day.

Any other shows coming up in the near future that any of you guys attending? I reall hope next year we can plan a run. It seems like everytime it gets close to an event everyone decides not to go at the last minute. It would be a real treat to cruise down the freeway with 20 or more a bodies to an event. What would be real cool is cruising to an event like the one in sac ( mopar muscle madness ) and racing the cars then cruising them home afterwards. Maybe I'm just dreaming......

I think this year is pretty much done. We should start to plan that run now, would be nice to know what is central for everyone to meet at or end the cruise. Also the International Car Show at Moscone Center in SF is happening from the 28th of November through December 2. Always nice to see what is coming in the future.

-
Back