New forum group, Nor-Cal Mopars

-
I'll be there in the duster look out for me rattle can black and primer green 2 tone. With a glass hood . You'll hear me comin haha

I am going to be there in my Black Challenger SRT8. I will try to meet you in sunnyvale if I can get up that early.

Lets meet up at Inno Path's parking lot at 1195 W Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale. It's right off the 85 and about 5 minutes away from De Anza. Meet up around 7:00 and roll out at 7:15.

1 EvilDart
2 Homegrown (Challenger Talk forum)
3 68GTconvert (maybe)
We are also meeting up 5:45-6:00 at the CVS 1123 S California Blvd. in Walnut Creek and then rolling out of the East Bay at 6:00 for Sunnyvale.
Anyone other Nor-Cal FABO members want to meet up before Mopar Alley?

Trying to get down there from Redding. My sister lives over near 680 and Berryessa Rd and my wife and I are hoping to get down there and stay with them. What's the best way to get to the show from that area and what time should we plan to be in line to get parked?

Lets meet up at Inno Path's parking lot at 1195 W Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale. It's right off the 85 and about 5 minutes away from De Anza. Meet up around 7:00 and roll out at 7:15.

1 EvilDart
3 68 GTconvert (maybe)
4 belmateo
5 Tachster

We will have to get up earlier so we can meet you there.

Trying to get down there from Redding. My sister lives over near 680 and Berryessa Rd and my wife and I are hoping to get down there and stay with them. What's the best way to get to the show from that area and what time should we plan to be in line to get parked?

If you want you can meet up with us at 7:00 over at Inno Path's parking lot and go in with us.

From where you are you would need to go 680 North to the 237 exit. The exit splits keep left on exit to the clover leaf.
Then take 237 (street and freeway) to 85 South. Then take the Fremont Ave. exit and turn right off the exit then turn right into the first parking lot. Address is above.

If you left at 6:30-6:45 you should be there 6:50-7:00

From 680/Berryessa I'd think 680-280 would be better, but I haven't lived in the area since 1991...

Thanks for the invite. I'm going to head down early Saturday and hang out with my sister and her family and then over to the meet up spot Sunday AM. Shouldn't be too hard to recognize the group....

Mopar Alley Pre Meet

1 EvilDart
3 68 GTconvert
4 belmateo
5 Tachster
6 Robj

Anyone else??

Rob,
Did you go to the spring show in Redding this year?

I assume you're addressing your buddy Rob, but I'm also a Rob and I'm from Redding so I'll interject that it was a fantastic show this year. It began to lightly rain about 2:30 but most people were thinking about bagging it at that point anyway. The temps were pleasant and the clouds passing through kept it that way. There were a lot of new cars this year (of course that also means about 50 new Camaros and 40 new Mustangs) I had never seen so that was nice. That old gal from Red Bluff had her Superbird on display inside the convention center and it's as beautiful as I remember it from the Willows show a couple years ago. All in all a perfect day and a ton of fun. Great turn out.

The cruise the night before was really well attended and it also began to sprinkle just before the official end time so we got off the route and heading for a late evening snack.

All the show and shines worked out well except for Thursday I think it was when it rained pretty good. On Tuesday the Riverview Golf and Country Club had a show and shine for the first time on their driving range. It was really nice being on the grass. They had tri-tip sandwiches, burgers, soda and beer for sale and access to their bar. I wouldn't hit the alcohol while driving but it was there.

As we drove in around the backside of the driving range I saw a golf ball beside the path and kind of wondered if this was a good idea but it was a range ball. The actual golf course is way down a hill beside the river and there was zero chance of a ball hitting the cars. I will certainly be returning there next year for sure.

I assume you're addressing your buddy Rob, but I'm also a Rob and I'm from Redding so I'll interject that it was a fantastic show this year. It began to lightly rain about 2:30 but most people were thinking about bagging it at that point anyway. The temps were pleasant and the clouds passing through kept it that way. There were a lot of new cars this year (of course that also means about 50 new Camaros and 40 new Mustangs) I had never seen so that was nice. That old gal from Red Bluff had her Superbird on display inside the convention center and it's as beautiful as I remember it from the Willows show a couple years ago. All in all a perfect day and a ton of fun. Great turn out.

The cruise the night before was really well attended and it also began to sprinkle just before the official end time so we got off the route and heading for a late evening snack.

All the show and shines worked out well except for Thursday I think it was when it rained pretty good. On Tuesday the Riverview Golf and Country Club had a show and shine for the first time on their driving range. It was really nice being on the grass. They had tri-tip sandwiches, burgers, soda and beer for sale and access to their bar. I wouldn't hit the alcohol while driving but it was there.

As we drove in around the backside of the driving range I saw a golf ball beside the path and kind of wondered if this was a good idea but it was a range ball. The actual golf course is way down a hill beside the river and there was zero chance of a ball hitting the cars. I will certainly be returning there next year for sure.

Actually my question was directed at you. My friend Karl keeps inviting me to go to it, just wondered how it was. He has a red Cudaint convertible, you may have seen him there.

Pretty sure I know which one you're talking about. There just aren't that many.

It's a fun show- goes on all week.

Here's the link to the schedule from this year. It's a busy week. The Redding Drag Strip ties into it with drags too.

It'd be nice to see some more Mopars up here. The bow tie crowd would think there was an invasion pending.

https://koolaprilnites.com/Koolpage.asp?ID=7

View attachment cruise.jpg

View attachment koolairial.jpg

View attachment redding drag.jpg

View attachment redding drag 2.jpg

That is what I was thinking WTF Google taking pictures at night yaaa I have a pair of nighttime goggles......Can't see s*#t

If you go up in the left hand corner there is a space that says "street view 2013" if you click on it an option for 2011 comes up and it is in the day time.

See you at 1195 W Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale. Anyone need a 71 Dart Front Passenger Window or some 68-69 LCA's with sway bar tabs?

Made it down to SJ his morning. Beautiful Saturday drive. Met an old timer gassing up in Williams. Told me about his 59 Sport Fury he took out five trees with "drinker than a skunk" in 63 while driving to work. Ended up in the back seat face down in a hub cap. The cops thought he was dead until he jumped up exclaiming that he was late for work.

See you all tomorrow. Wish those LCA's were '70s. I need a set with tabs.

-
Back