New forum group, Nor-Cal Mopars

-
Yeah, we saw him in concert in Redding about twenty years ago. Fantastic.

Ahh...Tower Records. When I was a mere pup in the late 70's we would pile into my '72 Satellite Sebring after work and drive 40 minutes to the Tower on Sunset Blvd. We'd spend hours thumbing through all the vinyl and cover art looking for something different that piqued our interest. If we didn't buy anything the people watching in West Hollywood after midnight was just a good. The youngsters today don't get a chance to do that. Now you sit at your monitor and listen to samples on iTunes before buying.

When you get that GoPro, remember they're waterproof. Our two dogs...

[ame]http://youtu.be/lu5jzkAV5Pc[/ame]

I just open an email from a buddy who's friends with an old-timer who is apparently ready to sell a '74 slant-six Duster. It's up near Mt Shasta from what I can tell. He asked if I was interested knowing I have an A-body. I don't have the time or room right now. We just started on a '70 convertible bug for my wife. I wrote back for some info on it. I have more photos. I thought I'd toss this out there being that it's in Northern Ca and not half way across the country. PM if you have any interest at all and we won't plug up this thread. I will get more info including what he's asking.

View attachment 2014-05-01 14.02.32.jpg

View attachment 2014-05-01 14.03.25.jpg

I'm hoping to get my Hardtop done before the mopar alley show so I can finally get some miles on this motor. Going to start thrashing on it next week between all the other **** I got going. Getting real antsy to get back on the road. Been to 4 good car shows so far with no car and it really blows. Plus I was staring at my rear tires the other day thinking they have waaaaay too much rubber on them and I need to donate some of it to various roads.

I'm hoping to get my Hardtop done before the mopar alley show so I can finally get some miles on this motor. Going to start thrashing on it next week between all the other **** I got going. Getting real antsy to get back on the road. Been to 4 good car shows so far with no car and it really blows. Plus I was staring at my rear tires the other day thinking they have waaaaay too much rubber on them and I need to donate some of it to various roads.

I got new tires on my car yesterday.. and had to give the old ones one last hurrah...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8sXH7jPYY"]Shredding some tires - YouTube[/ame]

Cal gecko that is a nice ride brotha and it pisses me off to see people out whipping donuts without me!!!! I live in Vacaville and I'm always in sac area at shows etc suprised I've never seen your car. We need to get a little club put together for people in the northbay because its a bit hard sometimes to get down to the bay to hit up shows but sac is an easy drive. Then when we do plan a bay get together we can all cruise down together.

I'm trying mike I've been busy with flips that turned out to be worse than originally expected. Almost done with a creampuff 06 jetta that was smacked front and back that I just finished that looks tits. Gotta buff out the old paint and detail then it's gone and onto the Mope. I'm hoping Tuesday to get measurements for driveline, take it to driveline svcs in west sac(the best around) and finish up a few loose ends, mount new pistol grip magnum shifter and my procar seats and I'm getting real close. Have to make seat mounts which might take a little time and do some wiring for the fuel pump and line lock then I'm ready. I figure roughly 2 weeks if I can stay motivated.

Hmmm gotta work Monday morning at 5am back up in Redding. I'm off Thurs and Fri. Sure wish it was on Saturday. Might come in the Dart though anyway. Looks like fun. My sister is down there and we could stay with her.

Just saw a notice for this car show in the east bay tomorrow...

May 17 2014 9:00 am - 4:00 pm May 17 12th Annual Classic Cruisers USA Car Show, Safeway Shopping Center 5855 Jarvis Ave, at Ardenwood Blvd, Newark, CA. 9-4 $25 pre-reg. For full details, contact John 650 219 1275

There are also two other shows, Tomorrow at the Sierra Point Marina in South San Francisco and Sunday at 1300 Seaport Boulevard in Redwood City.

There is an "All makes and models" car show at the Maxwell high school tomorrow, May 17th. The show is free. They make money on the food sales. Proceeds benefit the high school since we don't pay enough in taxes.....
I'm going mainly to help the show coordinator. He is a member of the Capital City Mopars, of which I too am a member.

Attachments

• 493 (2).jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 163
i prob aint takin my car.just gonna walk around and pick **** apart ...lol...rick are you gonna be there...i hope...even without your car....we could be the fabo carless guys..

Hey Ken,
We will be there with the all new "Tachster" (Custom built 1931 Model A with a 5.7 HEMI) and probably a 1969 GTS convertible.

I'm actually going to be in Vegas I leave that morning. I'm so pissed I'm going to miss it!! Going to have to get some good pics of it so I can be bummed out when seeing them. Vegas better be worth it! It's my anniversary so I gotta spoil the mrs a bit.

well rick gonna miss you...but have fun and i will pics and send them to your phone...pm me your number again....

Yea sorry guys I was looking forward to it. I was going to thrash all next week to get the hardtop going but it's unfortunately not going to happen. Hope you guys have a good time. I'll shoot you my number again mike. When's the next show that's worth going to? I'm kinda burned out on the goodguys shows, it's the same cars everytime it seems like. Like to see some different stuff for a change. I'll catch up with you guys soon take care and have fun!

Lets meet up at Inno Path's parking lot at 1195 W Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale. It's right off the 85 and about 5 minutes away from De Anza. Meet up around 7:00 and roll out at 7:15.

1 EvilDart
2 Homegrown (Challenger Talk forum)

What happened to Jeff? Is he going to Mopar Alley™?

You out there Jeff?

-
Back