New forum group, Nor-Cal Mopars

-
Hey guys,
I saw this thread and thought I'd say hi. So.... Hi.
Anyhow I just recently purchased a very unique 65 dart gt. It was a parts car, so I've been running around getting parts n stuff for it. And its got all the running gear of a 74 dodge power wagon, so its got a lot of customization going on. My ultimate goal is to be able to drive it like a truck, and show it off at some of these random parking lot shows.... but... I've got a lot of work to do and I don't want to show it public until its cleaned up.

I was just wondering, I have a line on a rusted out dart 65 wagon, its got parts I could use for my project, but I don't have anywhere to part it out. Anyone got a place to do that and want to work out a deal? (this all assumes it hasn't been sold yet, its been 8 days since I last talk to the owner).

Waste of a GT no doubt. I just a made a deal to get me a bunch of body parts that I was missing, bumpers, turn signals.. you know boring stuff that keeps me off city streets. The new tanks in, and I'm really slowly fabbing up some exhaust. After that I have the holy nightmare of electrical work... I have to mate the 74's steering column wiring to the darts underdash harness. Then I'm good to go... kinda :)

Waste of a GT no doubt. I just a made a deal to get me a bunch of body parts that I was missing, bumpers, turn signals.. you know boring stuff that keeps me off city streets. The new tanks in, and I'm really slowly fabbing up some exhaust. After that I have the holy nightmare of electrical work... I have to mate the 74's steering column wiring to the darts underdash harness. Then I'm good to go... kinda :)
i have a 74 d200 powerwagon, the steering column wiring is very similar to the a bodies.shouldn't be a big deal....:coffee2:8-)

My buddy use to have a 4wd Falcon that we use to go wheeling in and it was a blast. But that was a falcon. A dart............not so much.

no but i have seen the one you are talking about.this one was multi colored mainly white with rubber flares

Well I'm excited from this weekend; I hooked up my brand new gas tank, and put some temporary exhaust to connect my headers and flowmasters. My dart starts clean, idles smooth, revs nice and my kid thinks it sounds awesome. And it only took about 2hrs for the garage to stop smelling like an auto shop :)

Well I'm excited from this weekend; I hooked up my brand new gas tank, and put some temporary exhaust to connect my headers and flowmasters. My dart starts clean, idles smooth, revs nice and my kid thinks it sounds awesome. And it only took about 2hrs for the garage to stop smelling like an auto shop :)

Man if they bottled the smell of Gasoline as an aftershave I'd buy 2!

images

We all need to get together one of these days and have a run. Try to find a good midpoint for everyone to meet up and take a cruise and stop and have lunch.

I vote downtown Pleasanton. Gimme a couple of weeks though, my car looks too rough to drive in public.

Hey gtmopar, I have this electric grinder that's okay for grinding off things like brackets off rear-ends... I put the wire wheel disc on it and it started taking paint off like wiping dust off a table... is that a decent way to strip a car of paint? Or will it probably warp panels? I'm planning to strip the car to metal, treat the rust with converter, and primer the whole thing black (from spray cans). Just want a cheap way to preserve the car until I decide/can afford to paint.

Yea you can do it that way just be careful like you said of heating up the panels and distorting the metal. You can also DA it with 80 grit paper down to bare metal and then prime it. If you have a compressor you could almost buy a cheap harbor freight gun 29.00 and a gallon of epoxy primer for the same price as 12-15 cans of spray paint. You will get way better coverage, better protection and it won't look half bad. Rattle can wont cover as good and will be splotchy. It's your call but that's the way I'd do it.

I had put on the Nor-Cal forums that maybe we could meet at Sonic in south Hayward and cruise Niles?

Downtown Pleasanton is a great idea as well.

Hayward sounds good. Hope I'm up am ready in time.

gtmopar, I have no compressor... those are rentable though right? Home depot?

Hayward sounds good. Hope I'm up am ready in time.

gtmopar, I have no compressor... those are rentable though right? Home depot?
man you can come by my pad and borrow my small compressor no sweat. pm me i'll give you my number. i'm sure you can't live too far from me....

I had put on the Nor-Cal forums that maybe we could meet at Sonic in south Hayward and cruise Niles?

Downtown Pleasanton is a great idea as well.
no it's not! anywhere but downtown pleasanton please!first idea sounds good, or meet at castro valley and cruise to the san leandro marina.

-
Back