New G3 Hemi Block...

-
True. Custom pistons are the same no matter what. Pretty much the same for cams and other stuff like that. The money is in the blocks and heads. That’s why I’m surprised so many are willing to spend big $$$ for a G3 hemi when you still have guys bitching about the cost of a Ritter block.

And I think the G3 hemi is just ugly. It’s better than an LS or that hideous coyote thing, but she ain’t pretty. Beauty doesn’t win races but at least they could dress them up a bit.
How much is a Ritter block now? Last I knew like 5 to 5500. You can buy a brand new BGE block from a dealer for under 2000. They do look good when dressed with different valve covers and remote coils. Look more old school. Money saved on a block would buy that stuff easy.:thumbsup:

How much is a Ritter block now? Last I knew like 5 to 5500. You can buy a brand new BGE block from a dealer for under 2000. They do look good when dressed with different valve covers and remote coils. Look more old school. Money saved on a block would buy that stuff easy.:thumbsup:

I think they are $3400.00 but I’d have to verify that with Kent. I do need to call him so I’ll ask. I do remember to get the same thing in a Dart block for a SBC the cost was within 150 bucks between the two.

That’s all of 750 HP and then some. How long has he been beating on it?
Over a year now. He had a 5.7 stoked to a 6.4 with 13.5.1 compression. Dont remember the size of the cam it had in it. But with the same intake,carb headers and maybe the heads. His 71 Duster ran right at 10 flat in the 1/4. Ran a few 9.98 I think.

Picture of his 71 Duster

Screenshot_20210129-095052_Facebook.jpg

Your grossly out of touch with pretty much everything that your saying so I will help bring you back to reality and current day pricing.........Ritter blocks can be bought for low 3 thousand dollar range and it was only a few months ago that a special was posted about them at 3 thousand with something extra even thrown in, your G3 rockers from T&D are well over 3 thousand dollars.......I just checked. I run a Brett Miller built W9 that has gone a best of 5.78 @ 120 at a weight of 3380 with me in it and that was before we just bumped the compression, added his intake and a 2" spacer, more gear, more converter and also ran one of his different CNC program through the heads and I truly expect 5.60's out of it when the car is performing at a premium but unfortunately during last weeks T&T the car surprised me with a large wheel stand and the front suspension is damaged so it will be a while before I get it back out. As a side note the car is driven around Kansas City regularly and is one of my ice cream go getters. I will just sit back and patiently wait for someone with a similiar weighted car with a G3 hemi to compete with the baddest platform small block Mopar has ever put out.

Evidently the kids and whoever else is doing G3 stuff will spend double the money the old Chrysler guys will.
You gotta remember a lot of these guys are sticking these motors in cars that cost $40k-$80K to start with. Not a $3000 rusty stripped down Duster. 5-6 grand for a block is peanuts to them. Good for them too, eventually some of this will trickle down.

You gotta remember a lot of these guys are sticking these motors in cars that cost $40k-$80K to start with. Not a $3000 rusty stripped down Duster. 5-6 grand for a block is peanuts to them. Good for them too, eventually some of this will trickle down.
Geez I didn't realize that all us broke dik losers that build 60's and 70's era hot rods all have rotted out, gutted pieces of schit.......HMMMMMM

Geez I didn't realize that all us broke dik losers that build 60's and 70's era hot rods all have rotted out, gutted pieces of schit.......HMMMMMM
Where did I say "all"? I said a lot them, meaning there is a market for that level of equipment, justifying the expense to develop it.

Your grossly out of touch with pretty much everything that your saying so I will help bring you back to reality and current day pricing.........Ritter blocks can be bought for low 3 thousand dollar range and it was only a few months ago that a special was posted about them at 3 thousand with something extra even thrown in, your G3 rockers from T&D are well over 3 thousand dollars.......I just checked. I run a Brett Miller built W9 that has gone a best of 5.78 @ 120 at a weight of 3380 with me in it and that was before we just bumped the compression, added his intake and a 2" spacer, more gear, more converter and also ran one of his different CNC program through the heads and I truly expect 5.60's out of it when the car is performing at a premium but unfortunately during last weeks T&T the car surprised me with a large wheel stand and the front suspension is damaged so it will be a while before I get it back out. As a side note the car is driven around Kansas City regularly and is one of my ice cream go getters. I will just sit back and patiently wait for someone with a similiar weighted car with a G3 hemi to compete with the baddest platform small block Mopar has ever put out.

very true, all of it.
Lots of guys running low/ mid 9’s even with just Indy headed small blocks. Guy at my track runs mid 9’s with a glide in his 73 Duster. Buddy is doing a 245cc Indy motor right now i hope will go 9.20’s with a glide
Another guy goes 5.50’s with a very mild bracket tune on his W8 headed 66 Barracuda.
Gen 3 stuff can add up quick wallet wise

Hey, ok. Blocks are three grand. So be it. But you're completely missing the point that the gen 3 can run STOCK valvetrain(to given point)!!!! Can you run "stock" valvetrain on a W8, 9? I don't think so. But, to your point, yes, the "serious" gen 3 valvetrain is stupid expensive. Are you just pissed that the gen 3 guys don't have to mortgage a house to build a ******* engine? Make no listake, I have nothing but respect for small blocks, big blocks, real hemis and such. That's what put us where we are today. I built a 730 horse pump gas 426 gen 3 that cost half of one of Miller's 8500 rpm W9 whatever.

Hey, ok. Blocks are three grand. So be it. But you're completely missing the point that the gen 3 can run STOCK valvetrain(to given point)!!!! Can you run "stock" valvetrain on a W8, 9? I don't think so. But, to your point, yes, the "serious" gen 3 valvetrain is stupid expensive. Are you just pissed that the gen 3 guys don't have to mortgage a house to build a ******* engine? Make no listake, I have nothing but respect for small blocks, big blocks, real hemis and such. That's what put us where we are today. I built a 730 horse pump gas 426 gen 3 that cost half of one of Miller's 8500 rpm W9 whatever.
How the heck do you know how much Bretts engines are? YOU DON'T!!!! More talking out your *** again..........I'm extremely happy for you and your G3 that makes entry level horsepower..........it's been so long since I ran something with 750 hp I forgot what it's like and the only time I will refer to you for anything is when I want to know how a slow car performs. Enjoy your G3 day, LOL.

How the heck do you know how much Bretts engines are? YOU DON'T!!!! More talking out your *** again..........I'm extremely happy for you and your G3 that makes entry level horsepower..........it's been so long since I ran something with 750 hp I forgot what it's like and the only time I will refer to you for anything is when I want to know how a slow car performs. Enjoy your G3 day, LOL.

Little confused here. Seems like you are reacting as if someone was demanding that you sell your race car and drive a Prius and that Brett (no idea who he is) can't build race motors anymore. Not sure why all the anger.

I will add that I got into this thread because it was in the "Recent Posts" list. Didn't even realize that it was in the racer forum, that's for people that have money and I'm just glad to be able to drive around in my junk. So I don't frequent this forum, and didn't even realize the mindset of some of the people I was talking to was different than were I was coming from (e.g. minimum elapsed time vs. max time in the seat and mpg).

As an example, my comments about the stuff a G3 came with from the factory are relevant if someone was looking to add some tech to their daily driver, but completely useless to someone with a $20K budget building a race bullet. Two completely different worlds.

That said, not sure the name calling and belittling is necessary. But have at it, I will bow out since I have absolutely nothing to add to a topic in the racers forum.

Well, how much is a Brett engine then? Educate me. Please! If you've done well enough in life to enjoy the "finer" things, good for you. I seriously mean that. Just don't talk down to us little guys that ONLY make 700 plus. Or can ONLY afford 700. If it's so bad and you really don't give a **** about this gen 3 junk then just check out. This was about gen 3 stuff not about how big your dick is, for **** sake.

Well, how much is a Brett engine then? Educate me. Please! If you've done well enough in life to enjoy the "finer" things, good for you. I seriously mean that. Just don't talk down to us little guys that ONLY make 700 plus. Or can ONLY afford 700. If it's so bad and you really don't give a **** about this gen 3 junk then just check out. This was about gen 3 stuff not about how big your dick is, for **** sake.
Well the ladies do call me El Mucho........so there is that, LOL

El Mucho, what did you have Brett build?

:thumbsup:

Mine is 434, R1 with indy heads, pump gas.[/QUOTE Sounds nice, I have followed your posts before and it always seemed like your car performed. Brett is working on a pump gashish W9 R3 engine for me now to put in one of my street cars.

Nice! Bet it runs well. Good thing you only have like 5 grand in it. Remember that stuff is cheap!!!
It runs well and yes I have a few pasos in it but i'm perfectly fine with that because it runs extremely hard and puts up good numbers and stays togethor, plus even at rebuilds the insides always look great.

True. Custom pistons are the same no matter what. Pretty much the same for cams and other stuff like that. The money is in the blocks and heads. That’s why I’m surprised so many are willing to spend big $$$ for a G3 hemi when you still have guys bitching about the cost of a Ritter block.

And I think the G3 hemi is just ugly. It’s better than an LS or that hideous coyote thing, but she ain’t pretty. Beauty doesn’t win races but at least they could dress them up a bit.
I spent a couple bucks shy of $1k on the custom slugs for my small block. I dont care what stuff looks like….or how lumpy a cam sounds… I once woke up next to two of the uglyest women in North Carolina… luckily I don’t remember anything.

-
Back