New Guy in GA

-

340_demon

Reaction score
Just found this site and looks like there's a ton of info and knowledge here. I'm outside Atlanta and looking into a Demon project.

I have a good opportunity on a 71 #s matching 340 Demon automatic column shift car. Car has heat, AM radio, bench seats, rubber floor, pretty basic. The car has not been driven since the mid '70's, driver door needs repair, minimal rust, but the car is in a million pieces.

Don't want to let a good car go, but am unsure if the value is there or not. At a minimum, this car will need body work, paint, wiring, engine build, tires, seat upholstery. Gas tank has been sealed, rear end & trans rebuilt. I am sure there are a bunch of details needed to answer this, but here it goes anyway.. Any opinions as to the cars value "as is" and what it might be once restored?

Thanks for the input. I'm looking forward to this project(or another one if this isn't a good deal)

Welcome to FABO!

From Ft. Valley, GA 31030
As far as the values; I have no clue anymore!
It seems to be a total crapshoot these days.
I have been trying to sell a 1970 Dart GT rust free rolling body in primer with everything but engine and tranny for $2500.00 OBO and have not received 1 single offer - stupid or reasonable.

Later,
Bruce B.

You can build it how you want it.

Are you planning a councourse, crazy high dollar resto or just a presentable resto, or a mildly modified restomod?

What part of Georgia are you from?

Might be able to help you out with connections and guys with sweet skills to get that body ironed out, and pretty much anything else you need done.

If it's in a million pieces I would not offer too much for it, especially if there is alot of rust work, hopefully the owner is not looking to make a fortune.

Have you verified everything is #'s matching? Gotta be careful.

Welcome. You cant really put a price on it. It takes thousands of dollars to rebuild one. Consider it a labor of love. You will not likely get out of it what you put into it dollar wise but its fun and relaxing to me. Im not in it for the money. My two cents worth.

Welcome from upstate NY...as for value....depends if you do a rattle can resto or a professional resto.... fix it and drive it...who cares what its worth..Thats the fun of it anyways isn;t it...

Welcome to FABO
The only people who get a profit from restoring cars are restoration specialty shops with great reputations. Like on Barret-Jackson, "Rotisserie restored by SoNso of California 2 years ago" for example .
My cars are money pits. I have them promised to my grandkids so cost versus resale value doesn't factor in.

wel_ani3Tay.gif

Welcome to FABO.Hopefully all your questions will be answered here.Stick around and show us that find if ya get it.8)

wel_ani3Tay.gif

Welcome from Arkansas :cheers: you will be so happy with the great tec's and good folk's we have here.:happy10:

Welcome aboard! Listen to your heart instead of your wallet ... it will never steer you wrong. You found FABO for a reason. :-D

-
Back