new guy, new barracuda

-

no1newb

Reaction score
i just bought my barracuda 2 days ago, im new to mechanical stuff and am guna learn with my grandpa (rebuilt a old 50's truck a while back) and some guy down my street.

65 barracuda with real nice exterior, just has a few small problems.

i will probably be posting a lot of questions (already have, just realized in the wrong section though)

-Nate, of 17 years.

10kvw5df9wcvvt1v0nh0.jpg
jj1h928go4tofxz4kfdv.jpg
mkb6966xhkb8y6p4o0.jpg
r2cbw2lgyzgvabiqmb.jpg

Welcome Nathan! You make quite a 'splash' in your lavender fish. That has to be one of the coolest cars I've seen here, and you will find lots of people who are happy to help a younger person....just ask.

I didn't know lavender could look so macho! What's hiding under the hood?

Welcome to the site!Any problems?Just ask away!I would have loved to work on my cars with my Granpa!Enjoy every minute,even the curseing.LOL!

Nate, you lucky DAWG! Maybe not the color *I'd* want, but the whole car is just cool. I've been wondering about how one of those hood scoops would look on the early Barracuda/Valiant, and it looks straight bad *** :snakeman:
Congrats, buddy!

Welcome aboard. Good looking car, really has some '70's street machine flair to it...I like it.

Welcome to the forum. Love the car. If you dont mind, What did that sell for ?

Welcome to the forum. Love the car. If you dont mind, What did that sell for ?

the guy i bought it from was asking 4500, but we got it down to 4000 cash.

when it gets try out i'll take a picture under the hood. but its a 73 cuda engine, i think its a 318, but im not positive.

What a sweet ride......... color's a little bit "out there" for me, but I really dig the hood scoop - and the striping - particularly the black fill along the side just under the window.

As you can see in my avatar, I also have a '65 with Cragar wheels.

Good catch you made - both on the car and on posting threads on this website..... (use the pre-67 forum - it'll reach us other early A Body Barracuda guys a lot quicker).

And to be sure - you'll never find a better bunch of gearheads when you have questions about your car.

the guy i bought it from was asking 4500, but we got it down to 4000 cash.

when it gets try out i'll take a picture under the hood. but its a 73 cuda engine, i think its a 318, but im not positive.

If that is the original color please dont change it. I want it as it sits ! :)

no, the original color was either gold or beige i think. the guy forgot the vin tag so i havent ran it through the vin decoder yet, but once the guy finds the manual, im gettin those 2 things and a extra rear window. (i also got the original tires and rims and 2 boxes and a trunk full of extra parts)

Nate, that's a great looking ride you got there.

Only $4000???

Man, what a nice score and it looks pretty good in that color.

You probably won't have any trouble attracting the young ladies with that ride.

You may want to edit those photo's down a bit and hit "enter" after each pic to stack them on the page.

-
Back