New heads/intake/rear end

-
It's also bang for the buck. I don't know how much Mike has to spend on heads and/or head work, but for what he has right now and what they can become performance wise, it is cheaper than purchaseing Edelbrock heads and then porting them.

You can point to flow numbers being higher via someones ported hands and lighter in weight, , but there not the end all and the difference in flow numbers and LBS. of weight is small potatos.

True, if you keep adding up the small potato's up, you'll get somewhere. And that would be an excellent direction to go.

Cast iron for me, they hold the seal longer, less likely to crack, less chances of pulling the spark plug threads out. Holds the heat better.

Aluminum is easier to port so per shop hour its cheaper but cheaper is not always the best.

Both type of heads are good but seems like those factory motor heads are always leaking after 10 years or so.

We should be happy Mopar did not use aluminum heads back in the 60's and 70's, otherwise 80% of them would be junk today.

Well Mikelbeck,did say he has extra money to spend and its a TRACK ONLY car,no street...

Yes, but the amount of money available is limited... So I'm looking to get the best bang for my buck at the moment. Since I already have the iron heads, it's gonna cost me less than half of what it would if I were to buy the aluminum heads and them have them ported as much as I'm going to have these ported. If funds were unlimited then I'd going with aluminum heads and have them ported to the max... but then again if funds were unlimited I'd be putting those heads on my new Pro Stock style car with a big assed Hemi in it. ;-)

And you're right, the car is track only, and I told Bobby that.

I just read all this and I have been involved with some real numbers regarding the m1 and the std. victor.The m1 made more tourque thoughout the range and the same average horspower,the victor did peak with a few more h.p. but it was out of the the average range and was pretty insignificant.If you look at a victor the runners have a definite kink at the runner to intake flange thats kind of funky for low rpm(see pic),they also have a larger runner/plenum area,Im sure this is why they dont advertise them below 3500 where as the m1 is 2500.So I guess in my mind when it comes to h.p. intakes in the 2-7k rpm range theres basicly only two choices,a rpm air gap and a m1 for me,anything else would be a full race or stock replacement type.

dcc-4876334_w.jpg

edl-2920.jpg

And you're right, the car is track only, and I told Bobby that.[/QUOTE]

Mikel,
Leave it to me and I'll fix them.

We've talked and we'll get there, I'll build them to get the MAX Performance out of them for the cam that your using.

And you're right, the car is track only, and I told Bobby that.

Mikel,
Leave it to me and I'll fix them.

We've talked and we'll get there, I'll build them to get the MAX Performance out of them for the cam that your using.[/QUOTE]

I'm good with that. Thanks. ;-)

:cheers:

lead69, thanks for the pictures. Now theres two thinking this way.

Anybody know anything about a Mopar P4452893 intake? A FABO member offered one to me but I'm having a hard time finding out anything about it. Seems to be an M1, but beyond that I've got nothing.

My opinions.. short and sweet...sort of...lol
You wont break an 8 3/4 and there aint no way to get a dana60 in and running under your car for $1500 unless someone gives you one ready to bolt in.

The heads... irons are YOUR best bet, but do not compare to aluminum. Iron is the best you have when someone that limits the class or personal choice. No other build (when budget is considered and planned for) should use iron heads any more. RPMs would be my choice for what you have, and what you want in the future from this block.

The intakes.. the RPM would still be my first choice until you either cam it or convertor/gear it to work over 6K. The M1 is a good all around single plane, but does sacrifice the flat torque curve for higher peaks and higher peak rpms. The Victor is made with a larger runner volume. So they say it's better for higher rpms where the runners will aid the cylinder fill. They figure it for the 3.31 stroke tho. 360 is 3.58... so it will work better, but is nothing near what you need. I use the Victor for 4" stroke engines that can use it. The M1 for snotty mid-size engines.

My opinions.. short and sweet...sort of...lol
You wont break an 8 3/4 and there aint no way to get a dana60 in and running under your car for $1500 unless someone gives you one..

The intakes.. the RPM would still be my first choice until you either cam it or convertor/gear it to work over 6K.

Wow,my thoughts exactely..lol..

The heads are finally on their way to Bobby @ BJR. Took much longer than I thought it would to get them off and packed, but it's finally done.

;-)

-
Back