New heads/intake/rear end

-
Is that Ryan @ Shady Dell? I sent him an e-mail about this, haven't heard back yet.

BTW, I'm on Long Island, not Jersey.

Yes same Ryan...sorry about mixing up the states,i'll buy ya' a beer down at e-town..lol...

Mike, Give BJR a call ! He has some stout running small cam combos.

Mike, Give BJR a call ! He has some stout running small cam combos.

I just got off the phone with him... Gave me lots of good information. I'm gonna send him some info on the rest of my combo tomorrow and see if what he suggested still holds, and if so I think I may be shipping my heads down south. ;-)

I just got off the phone with him... Gave me lots of good information. I'm gonna send him some info on the rest of my combo tomorrow and see if what he suggested still holds, and if so I think I may be shipping my heads down south. ;-)

I had Bobby build me some 302 heads and mill the intake to fit. I was very satisfied. I been to his place and he is equipped to do anything. If I could afford it I would have him do much more....like build me a nice stroker motor. LOL!

I had Bobby build me some 302 heads and mill the intake to fit. I was very satisfied. I been to his place and he is equipped to do anything. If I could afford it I would have him do much more....like build me a nice stroker motor. LOL!

I hope it's a few weeks down the road as I have a 383 (chevy) stroker that I have to build for a local customer and a 365 for moparandy in Texas besides all the head work that comes in normally. When your ready give me a call and we'll setup a date for your engine.

Ok, like I said I spoke with Bobby for a while yesterday. I sent him some pictures of my heads, he believes that there's a lot more power to be had from these heads. I guess the guy who sold them to me - who said they were "fully ported" was either mistaken, lying to me or misinformed. Doesn't matter now, what does matter is that once I to pulling the heads off the motor I'm gonna send them off to Bobby for some re-working. He also gave me a tip or three about getting the compression up, so I'll be doing that as well. When it's all done the compression should be in between 10 and 10.5 to 1.

I've got a lead on a rear end as well... Local.

Now the only thing I've got work out is the intake. Adam mentioned the M1, Victor and Super Victor. What would be best in this case?

I talked to Bobby as well today. Lots of great advice.

Mikel Bobby says from his testing the M1 and Victor ran the same times, on the same day. All they did was swap the intake and make another pass. Grab which ever you can find.

I hope it's a few weeks down the road as I have a 383 (chevy) stroker that I have to build for a local customer and a 365 for moparandy in Texas besides all the head work that comes in normally. When your ready give me a call and we'll setup a date for your engine.

Bobby,

I just reread this.

I said IF I coud afford it. LOL.

I think I might have found a 360 that has been rebuilt not along and never fired up. Its's bascially a short block. It's a local motor here in Anderson but don't know much about it. My friend was talking to some guys awhile back and it was brought up but he never got back with me about it. He said I could get it for under $1000 maybe. But I need to ask him to talk to guy and see if I could look at it and ask some questions. But I need to come up a little cash first LOL.

From write up, and mag dyno room pulls, it seems that the M-1 makes more torque and the Victor made more peak HP. Can anybody back this up with real world info?
Does anybody know the heigt of the M-1? And how much taller the intake is or is not next to the Victor?

From write up, and mag dyno room pulls, it seems that the M-1 makes more torque and the Victor made more peak HP. Can anybody back this up with real world info?
Does anybody know the heigt of the M-1? And how much taller the intake is or is not next to the Victor?

?

:read2:

I talked to Bobby as well today. Lots of great advice.

He seems to be a smart guy and has his **** together. But man, that guy can talk! ;-)

Mikel Bobby says from his testing the M1 and Victor ran the same times, on the same day. All they did was swap the intake and make another pass. Grab which ever you can find.

Which Victor? There's a bunch of them, no?

Theres 3 victors for the small block. one is for W2s then theres the regular LA Victor and the Super Victor. Im sure he was talking the regular LA victor.

And yes, He can talk and so can I. Hope he got his work done.

Theres 3 victors for the small block. one is for W2s then theres the regular LA Victor and the Super Victor. Im sure he was talking the regular LA victor.

Cool, thanks. I'll pick up one of those, sometime soon.

Adam,and Mikel,
Yep I got the work done and enjoyed the talks with both of you.

Like I said I have time to talk to anyone, I may have to work a bit later but oh well. I learned along time ago that if you dont have time to talk to people then they wont be there to talk to you and will go else where. I figure that talking to people and giving the answers to the best of my knowledge that I find they generally answer the questions that whoever asks.

Like I said I enjoyed the talks with both of you guys, and call anytime, except weekends as I'm racing.

I'll have to throw in my 2 cents for BJR as well. Looking foward to the future with Bobby.

Mike, I was reading in a few different places that the M-1 for the street, since there a large port race intake, makes slightly better torque over the Victor intake. And slightly less HP than the Victor. The difference was very little and ethier intake would fit your needs very well.

Alot depends on whom you speak with and there exact combo of parts. I once new a fella (Here on the Island) that switched to a M-1 single from a Victor and picked up in E.T. and MPH over the Vicor. After the anoucment of this at a club meeting, the bench racing was on! Like a mini set of gangs, they argied over which one was better both claiming there car/engine like there intake better.

It's allways a combo dependent item. Tuning is another issue. And the list goes on and on.

So your sticking with the 30+ year old iron heads..oh well,hopefully you'll step-up to aluminum some day and never want to use iron again...

So your sticking with the 30+ year old iron heads..oh well,hopefully you'll step-up to aluminum some day and never want to use iron again...

Sounds like it. But after Bobby gets done with them they will probably out flow any aluminum head. Just because they are aluminum dose not mean they can't be out flowed by iron. But one they thing is however is they will always be lighter.

Sounds like it. But after Bobby gets done with them they will probably out flow any aluminum head. Just because they are aluminum dose not mean they can't be out flowed by iron. But one they thing is however is they will always be lighter.

Out flow ANY aluminum head..i don;'t think so..and lighter equals faster every time...

Out flow ANY aluminum head..i don;'t think so..and lighter equals faster every time...

Show me where a Iron head can't ever out flow a aluminum head.

Yes lighter equals faster... I already said that the aluminum will be lighter.

Not everyone can afford aluminum plus the cost of porting them, nor does everyone want or need aluminum. I'm not saying this from a arguemenitive point but I personally wouldnt use a HP aluminum or a Edlebrock head on the street, as the runners are much too larger for this purpose IMO.
Also Iron will make more power, I know what your going to say, but the aluminums that your going to say are as thick and as heavy as iron heads, and the reduction of flex under high pressures is why they are making the power that they do but then the weight of them is very close to the same.

Not everyone can afford aluminum plus the cost of porting them, nor does everyone want or need aluminum. I'm not saying this from a arguemenitive point but I personally wouldnt use a HP aluminum or a Edlebrock head on the street, as the runners are much too larger for this purpose IMO.
Also Iron will make more power, I know what your going to say, but the aluminums that your going to say are as thick and as heavy as iron heads, and the reduction of flex under high pressures is why they are making the power that they do but then the weight of them is very close to the same.

Well Mikelbeck,did say he has extra money to spend and its a TRACK ONLY car,no street...

-
Back