New hobbies? Thinking golf?..

-
Advice?? DONT DO IT!! LOL One of the most frustrating games ever!! Id rather try n watch scrambled ****...I always call golf "whack-f**k"

used to play golf all the time....have not play in a couple of years...used to walk for the exercise...and had alot of fun....play for fun...

couple of years ago vegas lost its cheapest golf course.....could play 18 holes walking 11 bucks..

WHY!!!!! go find sombody building a hotrod and help them out!!!!that game drives me nuts...rather shoot pool...

If you are even a little OCD... DON'T do it... It becomes an obsession.

I used to play all the time, practice every day. Shot high 70s low 80's most of the time. It cost a LOT of money because I was in with some serious guys that didn't take the game lightly.

If you play for fun and don't care, then it can be a cool adventure.

I never played actual golf, but went to the driving range and could wack them to the end like Happy Gilmore, I actually split the casing open on a few balls and they curved off the course or came apart lmao!!!.....didn't help I tried to hit the damn ball with all my might (bowling is the same way for me, i'm not that great but if I throw the ball hard enough I knock them down, not a lot of skill LOL)

I love mini golf, but that drives me nuts too LOL

My neighbor is a retired guy, he asked me if I ever played golf and I said "no"...he said "you should really take it up, i'm old and ir frustrates me that I can't do better, you are young and could get really good at it"...I always wondered about it after that, I know it could be fun :glasses7:

If you decide to play, get a couple lessons or you will quickly ingrained some bad habits that will frustrate you forever. Advice I did not take I am sorry to say.

I've played golf all my life and it is one of the most enjoyable and frustrating games all in one. I will say it is probably the most difficult game to pick up and play at the later stages in life. I've seen many of my friends go out and spend large amounts of money on clubs and other "necessities” when picking up the game and then after six months they become so frustrated they set everything in the garage and never play again. That is why there is such a market for used golf equipment. My advice is to not spend much on clubs right away, get a few lessons, go to the driving range or get a practice net and be very patient. The key to golf is consistency.

I never understood chasing your balls around a great big field trying to put them in a little hole somewhere.

A couple of years ago I was at a dump and found a golf ball and a small club. Just for grins I set the ball up and tried to hit it. I about fell over, not only did I hit it, it went clean out of sight. I thought, Hmmm, maybe I should try the game.

Its fun if you play for fun. I was on the golf team in highschool and really liked it. Cheapest set up is just get a used set. What I did was bought a #1 driver a 7iron and a putter, it was all I ever needed to go have fun. O and I hate mini golf ROFL.

I say go for it! I have been golfing most of my life and really enjoy it. Great exercise and if you find some people that are playing for fun you will enjoy it even more. And I agree with finding a used set of clubs to start

Golf, better known as COW PASTURE POOL. Don't do it because I did and It bacame an obsession with me to break par. Finally gave it up when my racing team had a golfing problem, not to mention a drinking problem. LOL...

-
Back