-

JP662704SP

Reaction score
Picking up my 1966 Dart 270, 273 with 4speed tomorrow! (It was 3 on tree originally, otherwise very stock) White on red.

This is my second time around with a Dart, as I owned a 1967 270 for almost 15 years. One of those cars you kick yourself for selling years later.....

I'll post picks once I take delivery tomorrow.

I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Going to keep the car pretty stock, but as it already has the 4speed conversion, I'm thinking of front discs and electronic ignition.

Previous owner has had in 14 years and looks to have been a great steward of the car!

Anyway. Nice to join the fold of A Body fans again!

JP

Would love to add some pics, but I have no idea how to get a jpg below the size restriction. I'll figureit out....

Here's the good, bad and ugly of it.

The good, pretty much rust free!
All the trim is there.
Came with a nice set of 14" ralley wheels with good tires.
Aftermarket A/C that works great. (Very important in Texas)
Solid rebuild original 273. Aftermarket intake and 4Barrel. Otherwise unmolested.
Valves need adjusted, and a tune up in order, but runs great.
Everything works, even the window washers.

The bad.
Pretty nasty shake at 60mph+, doesn't feel like alignment. Thinking driveshaft balance or even wheel bearings. ?????
Interior very rough. ( ordered seats headliner and carpet set from Legendary today).

The ugly,
I fear many of the interior hardware corroded beyond salvage. Window cranks, steering wheel, door handles, dash knobs pretty bad.
But if that is as bad as it gets, I have it pretty good.

Will work on pics.

JP

Think we have Pics now!

40D_1.jpg

40D_2.jpg

40D_4.jpg

40D_opendoor.jpg

Welcome to FABO. You will have fun here.
Gotta have pics ASAP because :worthles:

Welcome and congrat's on the new 66 Dart JP :cheers:

JP, please let me jump in and add to the welcomes. It's terrific to have you here with us. Hope the car is everything you ever dreamed!

Don't forget to add yourself to my FABO Members Map.

Welcome aboard. You will quickly find access to all of the goodies that you need for your project, and more. Be careful not to get into too much trouble with your finance committee! :snakeman:

Welcome to FABO,great to see another member with an Early-A(66 Dart)It sounds like your find is ready to go!Pics please!:cheers:

-
Back