New moparfreak from Sweden:)

-

SwedenMopar

Reaction score
Hey guys! Ill start with introducing myself a little. My name is Sebastian, im a 20 yo guy from a little town called Pitea, Sweden. Since about 8 years back or so, i have always dreamed of having my own musclecar.
Now after a long wait, i finally bought a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger about a month ago! It came with a 318 v8 and 904 transmission, but my plan is to put in a 340/360 in it next winter, along with a 727 transmission.
It has some rust on the body which im working at now, and a black vinylroof in a crappy condition.
So before the driving season starts (around may here) im going to fix all the rust, tear of the vinylroof and get a new paintjob.

Im gonna try and post some pictures of the car soon, and sorry for my bad english:-D!

Welcome Sebastian!How hard is it to get parts for these cars in Sweden?The 904 tran. works well behind my 360.Good luck,pics go here....:cheers:

Welcome to FABO, Sebastian, from a SoCal member. You're going to have fun here! Great people and the best Mopar techs anywhere.
Don't worry about your English - it's just fine. The big problem would be if you expected many of us to reply to you in Swedish!

Welcome:cheers: your English is better than alot of the American posters hree:-D Sounds like you have a good start at a project. Glad to see another young gun here:cheers:

SwedenMopar! Welcome onboard FABO! It is the best a-body site on the internet. After 29 years I'm pretty sure!

I live outside Umeå, a quick 2 hours drive south. I'm restoring a 1965 Dodge DartCharger.

Sounds like you have a great car to start with. I love the 72 Darts. We need some restoration pictures.

Hi and welcome. Great to see a young gun from Sweden.
We do need some pics!!

Wow nice to see so many responds! Was so hard to find an active swedish mopar website, so when i found this website about 2 weeks ago i thought i'd gone to heaven:-D Well anyways im updating with some pictures now! I have already started to tear down the fenders, bumpers and much more, but i found these pictures from the owner before!

Well here goes!

The inside:

annons 556.jpg

The inside is in pretty good condition, except for the rip in the passenger seat. Original black bucket seat interior with console!

annons 558.jpg

Here's the engine room, looks kind of shitty but the engine and tranny actually runs great!

annons 566.jpg

The vinyl top in less good condition and some rust stains on the body

annons 567.jpg

Right side, need to fix the rust on the passenger door.

annons 568.jpg

And last some pics from under the car! Sort of rust free under, so atleast thats relaxing!

annons 570.jpg

annons 572.jpg

It has some fixing before the summer, but im gonna get it in better condition before that! That's for sure!

annons 556.jpg

annons 558.jpg

annons 566.jpg

annons 567.jpg

annons 568.jpg

annons 570.jpg

annons 572.jpg

Welcome Sebastian!How hard is it to get parts for these cars in Sweden?The 904 tran. works well behind my 360.Good luck,pics go here....:cheers:

Well the body and chassies parts that's unique for the car is very hard to get here in sweden, so you most often have to order those from America.
Oh yeah? Is your 360 original? Hmm maybe ill keep the 904 then ;) just fresh it up a little! Im gonna do some more research about that!

SwedenMopar! Welcome onboard FABO! It is the best a-body site on the internet. After 29 years I'm pretty sure!

I live outside Umeå, a quick 2 hours drive south. I'm restoring a 1965 Dodge DartCharger.

Wow fun to see more people from sweden here! :D I think im in love with this website 8) Yeah that's not far from here! Planning on doing some roadtrips this summer, got some friends studying in Umeå so would be cool to see that sweet Dart of yours!

Got some more pictures from when i have teared the car up a little:) But im gonna start a project thread tomorrow so would be fun if you guys could check it out and maybe come with some tips and tricks :)

-
Back