New patch panels and trunk extentions for early "A" bodies

-

6789cudas

Reaction score
I want to ask all of you on the list to reply to this to me directly about this subject
I am currently working on trunk extentions for 67-8-9 cudas
but I want to know what the market is for the early cars as well.
These panels are not "cheap" to reproduce in better detail than what's available.
So.....
What do you want to see reproduced?
64,65,66 ?
with enough people commiting to the early "A" 's
I think we can go forward with it
send you concerns to:
mmc273@yahoo.com
:hello1:

Hell Yeah. I Would Have Saved My Parts Car.

About dang time someone offered correct trunk floor extensions for 67,8,9 Barracudas.
I never understood why someone repoped the shorter pieces and suggested "add approx. 2 inches to" when they could have made the longer and suggested "cut to fit" those shorter applications.
Anyway... mark me sold for a set of left and right trunk floor extensions for my 67 ragtop with a huge THANK YOU !
meanwhile I'll be praying the price is 140 or less for the pair. LOL

Rear lower quarter panels for 1966 Plymouth Barracuda's and Valiant's, either wheel opening lip or the full lower panel! I would be onboard if the price was right!

678cudas, what other parts (sheetmetal or otherise) have you reproduced for Mopars or other cars. Is this your business?

678cudas, what other parts (sheetmetal or otherise) have you reproduced for Mopars or other cars. Is this your business?

Yes this my business
I used to rebuild Barracuda fenders for people in the 80's
(on the side)
Literally taking them apart fixing whats wrong and rewelding (spot or other)
depending what the customer wanted
Body guy's loved my work
Then I started a welding/machine shop and built custom machines for automation companys I have been a welder/fabricator for 30+ years with very specialized abilities.
I still do that 'cause it pays good and I can afford to do other endevors
I am currently doing these because I need them for my cars.
I have 10 67-8-9's of various types but they all need finished
(are they ever finished #-o?)
Ken

I am also interested in lower Quarters for 66 Cudas, as well as front fenders. I think there would be pretty good demand for all 66 panels as most companies are not manufacturing them as they are a 1 year only design.

Robb

I am also interested in lower Quarters for 66 Cudas, as well as front fenders. I think there would be pretty good demand for all 66 panels as most companies are not manufacturing them as they are a 1 year only design.

Robb
Robb-
My daughter has a 66 I bought for her when she was 16.
It's getting a little rough (now she's 33)
And she wants to restore it
So I have a reason to do all this stuff
BTW my wife has a 65 too.
as well as a 67 FB

If they had the area around the trunk lid and the top of the tail fins available, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. My '66 Dart had most of its rust in that area. Southern cars can rust kind of funny. Good lower quarters would also be nice but those are at least semi-presentable on my car.

how about rear floor pans for early A's? autobodyspecialties still has not made any and the ad claimed they were coming soon like a year and a half ago...i talked to them several months ago and they said still probably another year from actually starting production. which i basically heard as "never".
-tim

I would have killed to find trunk extensions and outer wheelhouses for my 66 when I replaced the rear quarter patch panels. Are these parts the same for darts, cudas and valiants? Beats the hell out of fabbing them without the tools to do it. All these cars seem to rust there, so if they are the same or similar so you should be able to sell them.

I need trunk extensions for my 66 dart. I think there are lower rear qtr patch panels already available.

I've found lower patch panels and wheel arches for early Darts but no trunk floor extensions. Some say the 67-9's will work but I have my doubts.
toolmanmike

I'm interested in trunk extensions, lower quarters, a rear valence & maybe even a full quarter for a 64 Barracuda. I'm not looking forward to trying to cut these parts off of my parts car, & if they were available, my parts car might be worth saving. I think there's a market if the quality is good.

Mike, the 67-69 extensions do not work. They CAN be fitted, but with the work involved you may as well start from scratch and make your own. In fact, it would be probably easier to make your own.

Another for 66 barracuda lower quarters.I dont need them now but lower front fender patch panels would of been nice too.

I need at least one set of trunk drop down panels for my '65 Valiant convertible, and possible another set for my 65 Valiant hardtop.

Rear floor pans would be great. I need 2 sets.

I'm interested in trunk extensions, lower quarters, a rear valence & maybe even a full quarter for a 64 Barracuda. I'm not looking forward to trying to cut these parts off of my parts car, & if they were available, my parts car might be worth saving. I think there's a market if the quality is good.
I COULD USE A SET OF QUARTERS FOR A 64 B-CUDA ALSO
NEW OR USED DOESNT MATTER TO ME..
N-E ONE?
THANKS

-
Back