new project is coming ! 1938 Plymouth

-
The "new" axle :

ha-2.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg
The engine for that car should be the old 318 from the Plymouth Duster ( the Duster has a 392 stroker now ), but the motor blows a little bit blue, so I brought it to the motor shop, give him new pistons with 0.030 over and new gaskets. Now that motor waits for his put on the frame. Behind that will sit a 727, also the trans leaks a little, so I must give it new gaskets.

More after work on last weekend at the 38´:

front suspension + brakes are ready, swaybar included.
Rear brakes are rusty, so I need new brake cylinders, all other parts were overhault.

img_4216.jpg

img_4219.jpg

Much more is done :
The frame is coated with POR 15, front and rear axle is completed, rear with new brake cylinders,
dash is remounted and the new gauges sit very good in it ( for a first check ) !
New fueltank + watercooler were built in, also the fuel line and the cooling lines for the trans to the cooler.
Hope, I get the ordered body-parts next time from the "plymouthdoctor". It´s a long time gone since my order...

Greets
Peter

dash-_3.jpg

handschuhfachklappe-1.jpg

beifahrert__r.jpg

img_4219.jpg

tank-7.jpg

img_4266.jpg

Last edited:
Much more is done the last week:
Wirering at the frame and front is done, at the left side the both relays for the lights - one for headlight + one for high beam, on right side the electronic for the
fan.
img_4356.jpg

kühler vorn.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I´ve got a 1938 Plymouth Business Coupe P 5 as a rolling chassis, but with a Mustang II front end, so my 1970 Duster would have his "father" standing nearby in the garage
soon. ( ok, soon means in a few years :)

Can anybody help with some internet links / adresses for parts for that car please ?
Glass, trimm, fenders, sideboards, seats, rear lights, mirror....

Car should get a 318 + 904 AT, pwr steering, new wiring .. all what the 1970 Duster got in the last years.

Regards

Peter
Cool project!

Hi folks,
much more is done:
- engine must come 2,5" forward and the firewall was cut out and comes new new, about 2" wider to the back -> so now the distributor fits to the firewall
- inside the body new floor is welded in
- brake pedal block is inside
- exhaust system is built in ....
img_4522.jpg
img_4528.jpg
img_4529.jpg
img_4531.jpg

Now the doors get power windows system.
Peter

Hi Guy´s :
it´s time to write what is done on the 1938 since 2017-february:

Car is parted out carefully, the grille is overhault, fenders and chassis were sandblasted and now they´re painted with POR 15 ( inside ) and out with a epoxy paint as a base for the later coloring.
Rear axle is also new painted and was installed under the frame last weekend.
Next will be : overhauling the doors with new glas and rubber, also with power windows

I´m awaiting also the new sheet metal for the back side and the rocker panels...these are verry rusty...

View attachment 1715089366

View attachment 1715089367

View attachment 1715089368

View attachment 1715089369

View attachment 1715089370

U guys are pissin me off, now I want one !!

Very nice work on a great car. Your 38 is a P6 though. The P5's didn't have vent windows and the 3 bar trim around the gauges. Keep the pictures coming. I wish my 38 sedan was that far along. Keep up the nice work!

-
Back