new seats, what you reakon???

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
time to change me seats , got these from a porsche 924 like as tilt forward and after going to upholsterers hopfully reshape the headrest to look more like originals..........which are like rocking horse poo! seats not in 100% yet gunna be black vinyl hopfully look like ones below..............

sqanta pod 2010 022.jpg

sqanta pod 2010 024.jpg

A long time ago probably 1991 I changed the seating in my 64 Signet and probably shed 50 or more pounds. I installed these leather Nissan seating and never looked back. They are way more comfortable, lightweight, long lasting and the back seat fits really perfect with little to no modification. You can pick up the seats without busting your balls and practically all japanese high dollar car front and rear seats will fit perfectly on the width.
Signet005.jpg

Signet011.jpg

Aug09033.jpg

Signet020.jpg

time to change me seats , got these from a porsche 924 like as tilt forward and after going to upholsterers hopfully reshape the headrest to look more like originals..........which are like rocking horse poo! seats not in 100% yet gunna be black vinyl hopfully look like ones below..............

Awesome! Later down the road if I do buckets, I would get modern seats but then have them upholstered to match the rear seat with a mix of the checkered black and green cloth and dark green leather or vinyl. There are a few companies that have access to the NOS original materials the factory used.

Trim3.jpg

Ill take your old seats if you dont want em! LOL. Those 924 seats are prolly not easy to find here, but theyre purddy

Ta man, they gotta be comfy, my lower back shot so couple hours in wrong seats and im f''''''. people do my head in, "aaah, its not original...try find original seats! love the dash in your signet, any other piccys please?

Hey I'm South African, with Zimbabwe across the border still calling you guys colonialists. Being Eurocentic is sometimes a challenge here.

Got my seats out of a 1985-86 Chrysler Laser. Soft Corrinthian Leather, they recline and the drivers side has a pump up thigh and lumbar support. In between is a 1970 Cuda console with the "slap-stick" shifter.

Hey I'm South African, with Zimbabwe across the border still calling you guys colonialists. Being Eurocentic is sometimes a challenge here.
cool man, my country is ****, letting all and unsundry in, be a bloody muslim state at this rate, time to emigrate to australia!!!

No driving with your arm out the window there mate. I'm half Aussie and am back in awesome Cape Town after 6 years in Sydney. I love Australia but it's so over regulated.

:cheers:was going to have mine recovered..saw these local on egay, around $300 and save me recovering old! they exactly same as previous so no new hole drilling etc, again came from a porshce, like cos they skinny ish and tilt forward.see whay you reakon:cheers:

Attachments

• cuda seats 002.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 408
  • cuda seats 003.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 427
  • cuda seats 004.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 429
They look nice and comfortable.

Bloody POMs.
Just kidding. Those seats look sweet. How much fab work will it take to mount them?

hi there. i drilled holes in floor for old porshce seats i fitted, the new porshce had no subframes so i pinched the old ones which bolted straight on! this mrens no drilling new holes:cheers: now im using the original "ramped hump" in floor so got some box section 1" and 2" ally and made spacers with that. will upload photo tomorrow!

many thanks,heres one fitted, several inches of snow here and im working on car outside!

Attachments

• cuda front 19-12-12 006.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 257
Man, that sure looks sweet. I notice you also have extra room for a couple of spare tires...

Man, that sure looks sweet. I notice you also have extra room for a couple of spare tires...
:cheers: im doing disk conv 4.0" to 4.5" and other bits and bobs, the new wheels are sat there out the way,dont want to damage them. the seats are 80s porshce, reakon old skool look,comfy and available/affordable,either 924,944 or 911.

I got seats out of a 2dr Neon for my Dart, and a pair of late model Cirrus seats ( one power ) for my Duster ( Dont' have a back seat, so no need for it to lean forward ;) ) I am just trying to figure out how to mount 'em...thinking of trying the sliders I found on fleabay, and adapting them for the late model seats. Care to share how you mounted yours?

Looks great BTW!

j

-
Back