New Small Block Headers

-
That's some coin even vs those other "good" brands.

Looks like there is also a 1 3/4” to 1 7/8” step version for $2400.
It does say they are 100% made in USA and they are 304 stainless steel. Finally someone is making stainless headers for old Mopars.

Holy crap! I thought Doug's and TTI's were expensive.

Do they install themselves?

That's like a one-off custom header price. I mean, they look really nice and the individual pipe/collector set up would definitely make install easier. But good grief!

Those are for Stock/Super Stock racers that their competitive engines costs exceed $30K or more.
2k is relevant

Saw this thread on Racing Junk. First time I have heard of this company. They are offering a high end header for small blocks. They already offer big block headers apparently.

Expensive but sure look nice.

Mopar A-Body Headers for sale in DEER PARK, NY, Price: $1,895
That company is what remained after “KOOK’S Headers” left Long Island, NY for the Carolina’s. There an extremely talented bunch that could not make the move with KOOK’s when they left LINY.

Those headers were made for (seldom seen) member & a great friend of mine) Smokindust who has the first ever made set of those headers on his Twister re equipped with a 340.

There super nice. Being made of stainless steel, makes them pricey Unfortunately. At least they’ll be around for a very very very long time.
It’s extremely hard to justify such an expense.
20+ years from now when they still look great, you’ll forget about the price but smile at the quality. And smile for another 20+.

@smokindust
@smokindust

Below are a few pictures on the car as well as while in design and the fab shop.

3817CC7F-302C-4DB0-837F-FE7531EAB83A.jpeg
8010BC60-4A27-4F18-BD93-344DCFF8CE6E.jpeg
8B9E286A-5015-46A9-A297-46552A1B4EDB.jpeg
39DC01ED-2DA0-4EA9-8487-9FFD9F2276D3.jpeg
3A71AEED-5E11-4FFF-8A21-9ED18172791D.jpeg
5ABCBD2F-ABEE-4D5D-A437-E0471FA95747.jpeg
E46A6DA5-977C-4B62-8B8E-69799C15D13B.jpeg

Nice pieces, more than I want to spend though.

Not even being cheap, I'd be willing to spend $1500 for a set of 1-7/8 in SS, but materials plus labor makes that a no go in reality.

So, they don't work with power steering?

I almost mentioned that it looks like at least 2 of the pipes route under the center link.

I wonder if they capture the starter.

I almost mentioned that it looks like at least 2 of the pipes route under the center link.

I wonder if they capture the starter.

I'm sure they'd have to. Now, being they're separate you could just remove the 2 pipes that do, but still I bet that's not as easy as it sounds. Easier than pulling the whole header of course.

@Rat Bastid what's to disagree with? right in the video i believe the guy says no power steering and do they not look like they hang low like a hooker, headman and every other cheap *** header on the market? if you know different please enlighten us.

I would guess 99.9% of guys looking at a high end header like this don’t have power steering, so the fact they don’t work with power steering isn’t a factor

^^This^^ I don't think this header is marketed for the average beater. If they want to sell to the guys that make a lot of power they'll need a 1 7/8-2" though.

@Rat Bastid what's to disagree with? right in the video i believe the guy says no power steering and do they not look like they hang low like a hooker, headman and every other cheap *** header on the market? if you know different please enlighten us.

1. No real header will fit power steering. Ever.
2. What Hooker or Hedman header part number are you talking about? I don’t care what name is on the box, a 1.875 tube will hang lower than a 1.625 tube. It has to.
3. I don’t do step headers and a 1.750 tube is good for a pretty much dead stock 318-340-360. You want to make power you use a 1.875 tube.

If you are buying your headers from a parts store or some off the shelf junk from Summit or Jegs you are wasting power. It looks like they make a great header. The price doesn’t bother me. The dumb step design does. If they made a straight 1.875 tube header that would excite me.

Saw this thread on Racing Junk. First time I have heard of this company. They are offering a high end header for small blocks. They already offer big block headers apparently.

Expensive but sure look nice.

Mopar A-Body Headers for sale in DEER PARK, NY, Price: $1,895
That's WAY to much for a set of headers, I don't care how good they look. They won't perform any better than a $700 set of headers which by the way is pretty much the price for good headers for a mopar

-
Back