New to the Party

-

ragcuda

69 RagCuda
Reaction score
Howdy Mopar people. I am finally ready to start restoring the 69 barracuda convertible that we have been lugging around the country for the last 15 years. I'm going to need a lot of advice and help so I hope there are some knowledgable folks out there.

Thank You for the welcome. I am excited about all the resources I have already found. I'm trying to decide which direction to go on the motor. Unfortunately my cuda came with a slant 6 (in pieces on the side of the car) , which I didn't bother to take. I realize that was a big mistake. It currently has another slant 6 in it, which was intended to be for temporary use. As I begin the restoration, I'm thinking about putting in a 5.7 hemi along with new suspension and brakes. It's either that or the 360 crate motor.

I guess I'll start taking lots of pictures of the whole process and posting them to a web site like I have seen others do.

Cool car for a 360.

Have you thought about getting one built by a pro for the same cost as a crate?
I'm sure you know that crates can have some grab bag parts in them, and crappy workmanship.

Welcome to FABO. We're here to help. Restore to original or build a motor and have fun. Your choice. Looking forward to hearing about your project. Here's a photo I archived from one of our members. (I hope they don't mind) toolmanmike

P1000147 (Large).jpg

Welcome to FABO!!! Best of luck with your restoration. I like hearing that you've had the car for a long time and are really going to restore it. It took me a very long time to get started on mine as well. There are a lot of people here with A LOT of great information.

This is a picture of my friends '69, it's a 340 factory A/C car. It's a very nice car.

DSCN1605.jpg

Welcome from one Cuda owner to another. Well, kinda, the 66 in my avatar is my wifes, and my daughter has a 67 convertible. You're in good company here, and a wealth of information and comraderie is available here too. Come on in, relax and enjoy the ride!!! Geof

Welcome, you definitely have found the right place. Looking forward to your build.

Sending a big wave from a '68 Fastback owner in Tennessee!!! I love reading about people who've had their cars almost as long (or longer) than me. Welcome to the best Mopar site in existence! You'll find everything you're looking for right here.

Welcome to FABO!You,ll find all you need here,parts,advise,basicly anything to do with you car.

P.S Find a 360 running or have one built,not a big fan of the crate engines.

ENJOY!!!:cheers:

-
Back