New TTi shorties

-

pauly v.100

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting headers. TTi is about to roll out shorty headers for small and big blocks.

Attachments

• TTI34025-Flyer.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 943
  • TTI44025-Flyer.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 476
Shorties for any engine never impressed me, to me and many others they are just a replacement for stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, to make real horsepower you need length..

still 660 bucks? god damn

Yeah they are drunk. A buddy of mine just built a set of Long Tube 2" to 2 1/4" Custom headers that fire in the correct order into the collector for $300.00 Took him some time but they came out Cool as all get out! They are going on a SBC Naturally Aspirated that will be tapping on 1000 HP.

Don't shoot the messenger....I got your back Pauly :D Great for the guys looking for ground clearance. TTI's were never meant for the guys looking to get the max hp out of their engines, they were made for fit and ground clearance with better breathing than stock manifolds. Now they made one with even more ground clearance that will breath better than stock manifolds. I'm sure there are alot of people who will like these....as long as they fit easily :glasses7:

Don't shoot the messenger....I got your back Pauly :D Great for the guys looking for ground clearance. TTI's were never meant for the guys looking to get the max hp out of their engines, they were made for fit and ground clearance with better breathing than stock manifolds. Now they made one with even more ground clearance that will breath better than stock manifolds. I'm sure there are alot of people who will like these....as long as they fit easily :glasses7:

Nothing wrong with the shorty headers. I used the headman's on my TT Engine build!

Thanks man!
yeah, I don't get the negative responses, if you don't like them, fine, don't get them. Some people might be interested though, thats why I posted it.

man for that much i would just get full length headers.

big block ones you have to use that special starter. that thing is expensive garbage.

small blocks are only rated to about 450 hp. hell a mild 408 will easily make that..

big block rated at 475hp...

It was just a f*ckin "heads up", OK? I posted it to inform other members.
I get it, YOU DON'T LIKE THEM.
bullshit like this makes me wonder why I'm even here.

I, for one, am interested. Since I'm stuck running 273 manifolds on my 360, anything would be of help. I've been eyeballing the Doug's headers, but if these new TTI headers prove to fit easier that I'd be totally stoked.

Thanks for bringing them to our attention!

-marcus

I have felt the same thing at times.

Frankly, these are something I'd jump on for two reasons, one the ground clearance, and two is the long pitman clearance for even faster steering. My long tubes may be for sale soon! I'm sure 450hp is a very general guestimate. I'd be willing to sacrifice power for those two mentioned benefits above. Since my time is valuable, creating my own headers is not something I have no interest in doing currently.

They have there place. I don't believe their recommended power rating at all. They will handle more than that easily, especially if they are used to feed a turbo or 2!

Remember this is the Internet and it is full of jack wads....I'm included sometimes.

lighten up pauly. i didnt say i didnt like them, i just dont agree with the price. you can stay. and here ya go...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k"]Lighten Up Francis - YouTube[/ame]

They have there place. I don't believe their recommended power rating at all. They will handle more than that easily, especially if they are used to feed a turbo or 2!QUOTE]

Here is a chart gleaned from a magazine article awhile back in which they used a 300HP 360 Magnum test "mule" to examine dyno results from a variety of cast iron OEM manifolds and several headers. In this particular test, the TTI stepped headers made more HP and torque than any of the others tested.
If you want to read the whole article online click on this link:http://tinyurl.com/cebd32g

Here is just the chart:

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,436

I agree with you 100% on this. You try to do something nice and you get crapped on!!

Pauly, thanks for the heads up. If I had the money I'd have TTI headers of some sort on all my cars, and a few sets hanging on the wall for art! Beautiful headers any way you look at them.
:burnout:

yo, mr overly sensitive. you need to freaking relax. no one is giving you **** about anything. they are commenting on the product itself. holy cow man how do you live day to day being so damn sensitive?

They have there place. I don't believe their recommended power rating at all. They will handle more than that easily, especially if they are used to feed a turbo or 2!QUOTE]

Here is a chart gleaned from a magazine article awhile back in which they used a 300HP 360 Magnum test "mule" to examine dyno results from a variety of cast iron OEM manifolds and several headers. In this particular test, the TTI stepped headers made more HP and torque than any of the others tested.
If you want to read the whole article online click on this link:http://tinyurl.com/cebd32g

Here is just the chart:

not saying that the results are not legit but i don't trust anything a magazine prints like that.. does tti advertise in that magazine? do the other header companies they tried advertise in that magazine? you never know what they did or didn't do to achieve the results they did.

Thanks for posting. I do see a market for these for big block owners. Current alternative for easy to fit headers are Schumacher tri-y's. The advantages I see:
1) 1 3/4 vs 1 5/8 pimary pipes
2) four into one instead of tri-y
3) better plug access on passenger side with all four pipes exiting down

I currently run Hedman B body headers, but I would seriously consider these as an alternative for a mostly street driven car.

Yeah they are drunk. A buddy of mine just built a set of Long Tube 2" to 2 1/4" Custom headers that fire in the correct order into the collector for $300.00 Took him some time but they came out Cool as all get out! They are going on a SBC Naturally Aspirated that will be tapping on 1000 HP.

Since you think they are drunk,howabaout you start manufacturing something with equal or better quality for a lower price? and do it in America and see if you can make a better product at a lower price,my bet is that you cant.

Back ontopic nice to see TTI steping up to the demand once again!

not saying that the results are not legit but i don't trust anything a magazine prints like that.. does tti advertise in that magazine? do the other header companies they tried advertise in that magazine? you never know what they did or didn't do to achieve the results they did.

True but like anything else the real world will push them past their advertised HP limit. We see this all the time. Example dont boost or NOS a hyper piston per the manufacturer. Guys have done both at once with stock cast cranks and put close to 1000hp to the tires with stock cast manifolds to boot that live on trans brakes for 100's of passes at the track. Matter of fact never even blow them up....sounds crazy but its true.

Theturboforums.com & yellow bullet.com are good places to see how far someone can push the envelope... This site not too much so.

Since you think they are drunk,howabaout you start manufacturing something with equal or better quality for a lower price? and do it in America and see if you can make a better product at a lower price,my bet is that you cant.

Back ontopic nice to see TTI steping up to the demand once again!

Yeah but I can build myself a set and anything else I want or need for my projects..... Can you say the same?? I doubt it. There are other options out there besides thinking TTI is GOD headers. Yes they work well and I have bought them and used their product.

Pick your parts pay your $$

-
Back