New Victor340 intake from Jegs

-
It's already a far cry from my junk. Im looking forward to getting there.

Well I finished up this Victor340 intake and blended the two inch spacer in. Here’s some before pictures of the spacer

6F0FBDEB-2FD7-4D5A-B054-F4CDEE1E1349.jpeg

38EC1572-BA2F-45B7-BD09-2B6F86C734CA.jpeg

I always tell customers spacer blending is free so if you think you will ever try one nows the time. I’ve had guys drop ship them here from Jegs or Summit. Here’s the finished product.

4555C00A-B839-48F1-8C3A-E5255A1F7FAE.jpeg

EDE93984-DD45-4972-9B2A-8053123B2E4F.jpeg

84E69EA5-3D16-4A17-A4E7-BE91C6CA7749.jpeg

9F1916C5-E5CB-4465-9DC3-CB6F0EAA8417.jpeg

Did you change any port contours?

These intakes work so good for our intended usage all they need is port matched and a nice plenum cleanup, thinning and shaping of the runner dividers, and plenum shaping. I also try to hit every square inch of the runners to get the rough as delivered aluminum surface. I swear there’s still sand in it.

I finally got this customers heads and intake on the flowbench. I wasn’t really happy with the .300 lift number but these heads were used and already had a little work done to the short turn. They climbed pretty quick and he’s running a .640 lift cam so they recovered nicely. Left column head, middle column his two inch spacer, third column no spacer. I could have probably helped that some with a little duct seal radius on the carb flange.

7AB6E16F-91FE-4B2A-AA24-1488DDED9528.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally got this customers heads and intake on the flowbench. I was really happy with the .300 lift number but these heads were used and already had a little work done to the short turn. They climbed pretty quick and he’s running a .640 lift cam so they recovered nicely. Left column head, middle column his two inch spacer, third column no spacer. I could have probably helped that some with a little duct seal radius on the carb flange.

View attachment 1716040279

Notice at .500 lift more with the intake...right at convergence.

Notice at .500 lift more with the intake...right at convergence.

I’ve learned a lot on these heads since I did the set on my duster right now. 8 years ago when I did them I couldn’t get them calmed down with a bigger valve and had to rely on my intake to calm them down up top. I’ll have to look at my sheet again but the set I’m doing for my duster now are around 228-230 and nice and calm but boy I wouldn’t even do a set like this for a customer. The shortside is just so touchy but I’m sure you know that.

I’ve learned a lot on these heads since I did the set on my duster right now. 8 years ago when I did them I couldn’t get them calmed down with a bigger valve and had to rely on my intake to calm them down up top. I’ll have to look at my sheet again but the set I’m doing for my duster now are around 228-230 and nice and calm but boy I wouldn’t even do a set like this for a customer. The shortside is just so touchy but I’m sure you know that.
Did you eliminate the pinch?

Was drop shipped from a customer today that he ordered over the weekend. Sometimes I swear these vendors have people checking on race sites for feedback because this looks GREAT. I’ll post up pictures of every runner, carb flange, and plenum. Now this was on my porch when I came up to the house to eat so it’s a dinner table inspection. The carb flange looks a little hit or miss on the last pass but feels good. Without a gasket the carb flange looks smaller and it appears to have a bigger lip leading into the plenum. Not picking but telling you what I see. I would buy another one of these right now if I didn’t buy another pistol yesterday. Check this beautiful thing out. This customer should be very pleased after I put a little loving on this thing.

View attachment 1716033330

View attachment 1716033331

View attachment 1716033332

View attachment 1716033334

View attachment 1716033335

View attachment 1716033336

View attachment 1716033337

View attachment 1716033338
Do you like this intake better than the indy single plane? The intake looks nice

Do you like this intake better than the indy single plane? The intake looks nice

I really really like a Victor340 intake. But I like the Indy intake too and if I put as much time into the Indy I’m sure I would love it. I ran exactly the same ET with the Indy (5.98) so both my Indy heads and intake will be getting more work done to them before they are used again this time hopefully with a roller cam. And although I say I don’t like a Super Victor mine did go 9.74 on a worn out 408 after a short amount of work. The longer, higher plenum makes it a harder intake to do what I want to do.

I really really like a Victor340 intake. But I like the Indy intake too and if I put as much time into the Indy I’m sure I would love it. I ran exactly the same ET with the Indy (5.98) so both my Indy heads and intake will be getting more work done to them before they are used again this time hopefully with a roller cam. And although I say I don’t like a Super Victor mine did go 9.74 on a worn out 408 after a short amount of work. The longer, higher plenum makes it a harder intake to do what I want to do.
I was just wondering because I really haven't seen you talk much about it compared to the Edelbrock. I lucked out and found a guy hurting for money so I bought a brand new in the box indy single plane intake for a 360 magnum engine. I bought it for $300 shipped and that was around 4 years ago. So I dont know what they are going for. At the time I was going to buy a mopar magnum M1 but people were wanting $600 or more for one at the time.its probaly over kill for my junk yard 360 magnum engine. But seems to work pretty good I think. Raj a best of 11.24 at 116 in the 1/4 so far with it on my projunk yard 96 dodge dakota.

I was just wondering because I really haven't seen you talk much about it compared to the Edelbrock. I lucked out and found a guy hurting for money so I bought a brand new in the box indy single plane intake for a 360 magnum engine. I bought it for $300 shipped and that was around 4 years ago. So I dont know what they are going for. At the time I was going to buy a mopar magnum M1 but people were wanting $600 or more for one at the time.its probaly over kill for my junk yard 360 magnum engine. But seems to work pretty good I think. Raj a best of 11.24 at 116 in the 1/4 so far with it on my projunk yard 96 dodge dakota.

I’ll be porting my first M1 small block intake set up for a thermoquad very soon.

I’ll be porting my first M1 small block intake set up for a thermoquad very soon.
Cool look forward to the pics of when you port it. Have you ported many indy intakes? Was just wonder how much work they needed compared to the Victor 340? My hands are not steady enough to port intakes pluse I would make it worse by the time I was done with it.lol I sent my indy intake to Ryan Johnsen. I think that was his name and he just opened up the ports to gasket size and only ported to about a inch into the port. He never touched the carb opening and said it wouldn't make a difference. Oops sorry wasn't trying to change the post to the indy intake. So I will stop and look forward to more info you post about the Victor 340 intake.

Cool look forward to the pics of when you port it. Have you ported many indy intakes? Was just wonder how much work they needed compared to the Victor 340? My hands are not steady enough to port intakes pluse I would make it worse by the time I was done with it.lol I sent my indy intake to Ryan Johnsen. I think that was his name and he just opened up the ports to gasket size and only ported to about a inch into the port. He never touched the carb opening and said it wouldn't make a difference. Oops sorry wasn't trying to change the post to the indy intake. So I will stop and look forward to more info you post about the Victor 340 intake.

I’ll try to start a post on small block Indy porting when things slow down around here. I currently have two of them.

I’ll try to start a post on small block Indy porting when things slow down around here. I currently have two of them.
That would be awesome. I might be building a 408 stroker for my dakota and the 360 magnum engine will be going into my 1965 plymouth valant I just got. I might buy another indy intake for the 408. Unless I can find a good deal on a Victor 340.lol

Perfect! What size TQ is he running? Or to be determined?

I would think he may be chiming in. We had a nice phone conversation the other day. I plan to have before and after numbers from a port with it mounted on the set of 2.05 Edelbrock heads I’m porting right now. Unless he would rather have the test done on a set of 2.02 valve Speedmaster heads I’m porting after this set.

-
Back